About russian idol Lana, Z-Girls and Z-Boys

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
Lana is actively promoting in Korea and gets a lot of flack unfortunately because she's white. But if Zgirls\boys were to sing in korean and promoting on MCountdown, Show Champion, Inkyiago and etc, would international Kpoppers support them, considering they are not white, but asians?

Last edited:

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
Lana is actively promoting in Korea and gets a lot of flack unfortunately because she's white. But ff Zgirls\boys were to sing in korean and promoting on MCountdown, Show Champion, Inkyiago and etc, would international Kpoppers support them, considering they are not white, but asians?
i feel like international fans might?... but i feel like koreans may not, or maybe the opposite idk honestly sometimes it's so weird and makes no sense

marlax

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭50
yeah because they're asians trying to thrive in an asian industry that is accessible to them. the reason people dislike lana is because she's a white girl randomly inserting herself and trying to thrive in a minority's industry. i feel like the zpop boys n girls will still get some weird looks but not on the same scale as lana

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
yeah because they're asians trying to thrive in an asian industry that is accessible to them. the reason people dislike lana is because she's a white girl randomly inserting herself and trying to thrive in a minority's industry. i feel like the zpop boys n girls will still get some weird looks but not on the same scale as lana
This argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me as they're all from Asia, and the Lana girl might actually be geographically the closest...
Idk who made up this definition of kpop as an "Asian industry" either (well I do, it was some international fans)

hutazone

kitzbühel winner '19 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,420
This argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me as they're all from Asia, and the Lana girl might actually be geographically the closest...
Idk who made up this definition of kpop as an "Asian industry" either (well I do, it was some international fans)
^^

if you can sing in korean then why not lol what's stopping you ^_> int fans made up the rule "if you're not korean or the slightest bit Asian and you want to debut in korea then you're a koreaboo" nobody ever asked how korean fans felt, in fact to me korean fans always come first over int fans lol

Loonathehoe

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,340
Isn't she asian too? Considering she's Russian? Is Russian considered europe or asia?

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
^^

if you can sing in korean then why not lol what's stopping you ^_> int fans made up the rule "if you're not korean or the slightest bit Asian and you want to debut in korea then you're a koreaboo" nobody ever asked how korean fans felt, in fact to me korean fans always come first over int fans lol
Well tbf there's been some... embarassing ones too. Like Chad Future and that EXO-based group/experiment. So you can see why people are vary.
But the way she's been attacked is pretty disgusting, and doesn't make much sense as she's very unlikely to find any success anyway.
Isn't she asian too? Considering she's Russian? Is Russian considered europe or asia?
Most of Russia lies in Asia, but the capital and most of the population live in Europe.

hutazone

kitzbühel winner '19 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,420
embarassing ones too. Like Chad Future
well yeah chad future knew what he done wrong and made this whole youtube rubbish about it but im glad he's on to better things lol

Lain

Nation's first weeb Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭44,135
>minority's industry
lol

PockyAddict89

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭814,430
It's ironic tho that stan twitter antis always have the the "it's a asian (you notice how they almost never say Korean at all, they just use the term Asian) safe space" excuse never or even care about how Koreans themselves feel about these groups (some don't care or don't even know who those people are). And any Korean criticisms of a all non korean asian group with no korean member or nobody that speaks or sings korean are dismissied as Xenophobia.

Last edited:

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
>minority's industry
lol

this is honestly so weird to me, a minority's industry? Like, from the global perspective I guess it is. But from the local perspective, well, Koreans are a very homogenous society and ofc, not a minority in their own country. And the kpop industry should be the least one to be considered for "minorities" when tons of idols get to debut using every kind of privileges in their favor (connections with higher-ups and wealth).

Last edited:

D'Arco

Hallyu8 / OH Refugee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,780
No one is obligated to listen or buy Lana's music

If she succeeds she succeeds, if she flops, she flops.
Same goes for actual Korean singers/groups.

Sweetlight

☆☆☆ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭152,675
She didn't "randomly insert herself", she has been living and studying in Korea for 2 years, was casted by a Korean company and accepted the opportunity.

Honestly, imo, kpop is nowadays a genre, people saying that she can be successful anywhere else don't make sense to me. Western music industry is less fun, let alone Russian. Lana moved to Korea, learned the language and is working there and making a living.

Z-Girls and Z-Boys are not promoting on Korean shows because they're not really going a traditional kpop route I guess? If they started promoting then I'm sure they would get much more international support than Lana, in Korea - I think their situation would be similar. It's not like Koreans love Lana, she's a nobody there, her song isn't successful by any means and most Koreans don't really care, and those who do, like and support her. I think it would be the case with Z-Girls and Z-Boys too.

Top Bottom