After you are into kpop, you subconsciously start to think like this

Kstarnet

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭806,615
- The standards of your significant other starts to rise.

- If the other person don't have the ideal body, then that person is not attractive

- Starts to think on the ways to achieve kpop beauty standards yourself

When I first got into kpop, I subconsciously think like this but I manage to get over it. What about you?

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭40,070
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm afraid I'm with Chomi on this one. I was super young but I kinda already knew it was all unrealistic.

choively

Sanake slave Seventh Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,010,142
Pronouns
Nevies Nevies
NOPE ! but I start falling for female idols and making me pansexual :bakacat:

Ronnie Mars

Mamamoo will continue~
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭354,350
Pronouns
He/They
Talking about expectations towards my significant other, for me personally it's been rising even before I was into K-pop. So for me, it's not because of K-pop, but because I have always been the person that my friends confide in whenever they have problems, particularly in terms of romance. In a way, that kind of shapes my perspective.

About ideal body, I actually criticize the K-pop industry for it. Because I have been trying so hard to unlearn and to deconstruct the fatphobia that was instilled within me. That is why I prefer groups that raise awareness about beauty standards, like Hwasa from Mamamoo.

chocolatier

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭15,200
- Starts to think on the ways to achieve kpop beauty standards yourself
Honestly, probably the only thing that is relatable. Although it's more for inspiration, especially the makeup and some of the fashion. Like when Chungha was going lowkey viral in Korea for her sparkly eye makeup that would catch the stage lights, I've tried the look many times and it's super pretty. Same goes for the Korean pink or warm toned eyeshadow look. Not really a thing in the West, but I've been trying it and again, it looks so good.

sA9xUtD.jpg

There was always something that stuck with me too, I forgot where I read it, but someone from the industry once said that members of girl groups need to be skinny not because of looks but because it's easier to do the choreography. Whether that's the true reason or not (kinda fishy tbh, probably not the whole truth right?), it motivates me to keep working out so I can be more mobile...and it does work.

There's so much more I'm inspired by in terms of clothes, nails, etc. But it's not to the point I want to change myself, I think it's more adding to myself looks that suit me.

Top Bottom