avex are bleeding money, getting rid of staff and possibly artists too

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him

Avex are planning to convince 100 of their staff over the age of 40 to join a retirement program. This represents just under a fourth of their staff at that age group in the music business and follows a year in which sales have fallen by almost half due to the covid-19 pandemic. Jpop Project News is speculating that this will lead to some resignments or disbandments among their artists in the near future.

S

Some

I just saw this and i didnt get it turns out it meant this !! 40 is still young though

i dont think this is it instead of trying to find a solution they are letting go of people that have possiblly been with the company for very long thats just shitty

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,660,775

Avex are planning to convince 100 of their staff over the age of 40 to join a retirement program. This represents just under a fourth of their staff at that age group in the music business and follows a year in which sales have fallen by almost half due to the covid-19 pandemic. Jpop Project News is speculating that this will lead to some resignments or disbandments among their artists in the near future.

this sucks, Avex is house of several of my favorite groups

on the plus side most of their artist are starting to tour again so let's hope this can be avoided

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
It is clearly the lack of concert revenue. That's where a lot of money comes from. Until that amount of money is replaced somehow then there will be huge shortfalls. Album and digital sales are not enough.
I hate this pandemic. People are losing their jobs because of it.

Yep

People working with live performances have been particularly hit by this pandemic throughout the world. It's bad enough for music acts and labels but freelance concert staff are in a very tough spot.

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
Expected tbh. No concerts no beneficts for them.

They expected to do A LOT of money this year with Snow Man's debut. They are selling really well but no concerts and Kisumai the same.

I really hope for a better situation next year, a lot of people are losing their jobs 😭

Last edited:
Top Bottom