Cards+ Special Edition Discussion & Proposal

Would you like a Legends Edition? Would you feel that it could replace Halloween Ed. this year?

• Yes, but keep Halloween.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes, and replace Halloween.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,300
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Dear Card Tsars and Card Addicts,

As we gather more of the same special editions, I think it would be nice to spice some things up. I have a modest proposal for a future Special Edition: Legends*!

*Legends is simply a "branding" name for the edition. They don't have to be SNSD or Big Bang to be considered for this Edition. Simply idols from the past, before cards+ existed.

1e06621c47986961364bf5b7a7560744.jpg

Most of us have been kpop fans for many years, some of us even over a decade. With a Legends Edition, we could have a chance to gather some cards that we would have wanted in the past. Many great concepts simply have been lost in the mists of time. As we near our 4th year of cards, we have seen each special edition 3 times now. While the theme is fun to coordinate with the seasons, the best options are perhaps exhausting. The unfortunate events of Halloween in Seoul in 2022 certainly stopped a lot of the Halloween celebrating in Korea. There were fewer options in picture choices as a result. Perhaps it would pick up again this year, but I would think that you will still see a lack of new Halloween content this year. Rather than go back and search for Halloween themed pictures from the past, why not just go back in time and find the best of the best concepts that we missed out on.

In short, my proposal is to forego the Halloween Special Edition this year (if it was to happen), and replace that with a Legends Edition.

michael-scott-our-balls-are-in-your-court.gif

Last edited:

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Blog Lead Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭483,259
Agreed! anything to get Love Yourself era concept photos on a +card
The pastel-themed concept was to die for. Also, gimme the superior 'Suffering' era Meiqi
:heartublob:

I want to see hard to get SSR shiny cards or rewards for collecting the whole group in an edition
Like... say I collect all 7 BTS cards from 3rd Ed. Give me a group +card as a reward and make it so these cards can't be purchased but earned through collecting instead

Last edited:

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,377,750
Dear Card Tsars and Card Addicts,

As we gather more of the same special editions, I think it would be nice to spice some things up. I have a modest proposal for a future Special Edition: Legends!

1e06621c47986961364bf5b7a7560744.jpg

Most of us have been kpop fans for many years, some of us even over a decade. With a Legends Edition, we could have a chance to gather some cards that we would have wanted in the past. Many great concepts simply have been lost in the mists of time. As we near our 4th year of cards, we have seen each special edition 3 times now. While the theme is fun to coordinate with the seasons, the best options are perhaps exhausting. The unfortunate events of Halloween in Seoul in 2022 certainly stopped a lot of the Halloween celebrating in Korea. There were fewer options in picture choices as a result. Perhaps it would pick up again this year, but I would think that you will still see a lack of new Halloween content this year. Rather than go back and search for Halloween themed pictures from the past, why not just go back in time and find the best of the best concepts that we missed out on.

In short, my proposal is to forego the Halloween Special Edition this year (if it was to happen), and replace that with a Legends Edition.

michael-scott-our-balls-are-in-your-court.gif
Agreed! anything to get Love Yourself era concept photos on a +card
The pastel-themed concept was to die for. Also, gimme the superior 'Suffering' era Meiqi
:heartublob:

I want to see hard to get SSR shiny cards or rewards for collecting the whole group in an edition
Like... say I collect all 7 BTS cards from 3rd Ed. Give me a group +card as a reward and make it so these cards can't be purchased but earned through collecting instead

YES YES YES

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,350
As a kpop fetus, not particularly... unless I could get vintage 4minute.

I've practically kicked down chip's door asking for these for years. Nothing ever surfaced. Shame, I have multiple complete collections.

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,300
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
As a kpop fetus, not particularly... unless I could get vintage 4minute.

I've practically kicked down chip's door asking for these for years. Nothing ever surfaced. Shame, I have multiple complete collections.

You realize that Dreamcatcher debuted in 2017 :jiutea:

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,350
You might like some of their previous concepts that were pre Card+ era.
.......so, define "legend" in this edition :think:

Because I've obviously misunderstood, I was thinking iconic groups from the past. If DC qualifies, shut up and take my money for a You and I set.
:overheat:

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,300
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
.......so, define "legend" in this edition :think:

Because I've obviously misunderstood, I was thinking iconic groups from the past. If DC qualifies, shut up and take my money for a You and I set.
:overheat:

Anything prior to card+ i would say. There were some older titles that snuck into the 1st edition. But, for the most part it's 2021 and newer. As you mentioned You and i, that's already six years old, which would be exactly what the purpose of this edition would be per the statement below.

With a Legends Edition, we could have a chance to gather some cards that we would have wanted in the past. Many great concepts simply have been lost in the mists of time.

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,300
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
yes, so I can get a full iz*one set :sejeongcry:
speaking of card+ when is the deadline to submit for the 4th edition :squirtlechristmas:

IDK about full groups sets as this would be just a special edition. Special eds only have like 50-60 cards total.

Deadline is October 1st

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,350
Anything prior to card+ i would say. There were some older titles that snuck into the 1st edition. But, for the most part it's 2021 and newer. As you mentioned You and i, that's already six years old, which would be exactly what the purpose of this edition would be per the statement below.
Then I'm in!
Dreamcatcher-Nightmare-Escape-the-ERA-2nd-Mini-Album-teasers-documents-9.jpeg

:overheat: :overheat: :overheat: :overheat: :overheat: :overheat: :overheat:
4Minute-Volume-Up-concept-photos-documents-1(4).jpeg
:omgwhat::omgwhat::omgwhat::omgwhat::omgwhat:

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,687,213
It is a good idea but finding decent quality pictures of genuine legends and not just stuff that happened before cards were a thing might be difficult. Since people seem to have a loose idea of what legends are perhaps generations editions instead? People still will fight over this but gen2/3/4 are slightly easier to define.

hatmixx

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭84,300
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
It is a good idea but finding decent quality pictures of genuine legends and not just stuff that happened before cards were a thing might be difficult. Since people seem to have a loose idea of what legends are perhaps generations editions instead? People still will fight over this but gen2/3/4 are slightly easier to define.

I can see that my terming of legends is a bit confusing. Pretty much all i mean by this is anything Pre-Cards+. It can simply be looked as Branding of "Legends." i have updated OP to reflect this. thanks!

but yes i do agree that high quality may be tough to come by. But, that's why we are having the discussion. Who knows what the Card Tsars will think anyway xD

Last edited:

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭88,350
I can see that my terming of legends is a bit confusing. Pretty much all i mean by this is anything Pre-Cards+. It can simply be looked as Branding of "Legends." i have updated OP to reflect this. thanks!

but yes i do agree that high quality may be tough to come by. But, that's why we are having the discussion. Who knows what the Card Tsars will think anyway xD
Throwback, vintage, bygone edition :think:

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭583,700
Pronouns
He/Him
Will take the discussion to the Events Team. Although i must say we might not have a Special Edition this year bc Halloween will be around the 4th Edition release date, so we might focus on that.

Tbh, old comebacks were considered to be implemented a while ago when we were discussing the Battlepass concept. Each Battlepass was supposed to have a theme and we would release a set of cards of old comebacks that would fit the theme, but the idea kinda died.

Top Bottom