• Total voters

Egoísta

Raised from the Dead Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭320,881
Pronouns
They/Them
I don’t really know anything about that except for a vid I saw on twit of a protester getting beat tf up so let’s not do that and maybe I’ll be ok with China

demasta

Stan 46G Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,041,369
I don’t really know anything about that except for a vid I saw on twit of a protester getting beat tf up so let’s not do that and maybe I’ll be ok with China
there are other videos of people beating up innocent people like pregnant women, elderly, people in trains, etc
and there are speculations that those were triads that the chinese government paid to go to hong kong

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Not going into geopolitics and ideological battles and just going with personal affinity and beliefs, I have to side with HK. Even if I ignore these, I would side with the underdog, as the stronger has more options in the matter.

spo

Girl Group Supremacist Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,475
Pronouns
she/her
All hong kongers want is freedom. China is an authoritarian state and I don't blame HK one bit for wanting to keep their democracy and liberty. I have absolutely nothing against about the Chinese people, but Xi Jinping is an autocrat who holds his own citizens in concentration camps and disappears political dissidents. Look how China is responding to all of this. If that doesn't make you fear for the people of Hong Kong, then I don't know what will.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,420
All hong kongers want is freedom. China is an authoritarian state and I don't blame HK one bit for wanting to keep their democracy and liberty. I have absolutely nothing against about the Chinese people, but Xi Jinping is an autocrat who holds his own citizens in concentration camps and disappears political dissidents. Look how China is responding to all of this. If that doesn't make you fear for the people of Hong Kong, then I don't know what will.

According to what I read on Kpop reddit, this protest isn't even about wanting independence from China, it's about not wanting some extradition bill to pass. And the Chinese media/government are misleading their citizens into thinking that HKers want independence when that's not even what the protest is about in the first place.

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
I understand both sides. Technically that land belongs to china but the people there do not want to live under communist rule and completely have their freedom and free speech taken. I dont agree with the lengths china is going to to make these pople give in.

BTS

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,650
According to what I read on Kpop reddit, this protest isn't even about wanting independence from China, it's about not wanting some extradition bill to pass. And the Chinese media/government are misleading their citizens into thinking that HKers want independence when that's not even what the protest is about in the first place.
Hong kong will become a part of china in 2047 but china has been getting impatient
This extradition bill will make it so hong kongers can be trialed for breaking chinese laws and vice versa it sounds good on paper especially for murderers but theres also many freedoms what will be lost for HK (eg speaching against government is illegal etc)
Essentially its china tightening its grip and influence and hong kong losing its autonomy and freedom of speech
This is very much HK trying to keep its democratic freedoms and rights

spo

Girl Group Supremacist Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,475
Pronouns
she/her
That's correct. The extradition bill would essentially put HK under the same fascistic policies that Chinese people are under. While HK has existed under a separate political system, this bill would make it possible for the Chinese government to demand Hong Kong send its citizens to China for "breaking laws" in China (which would undoubtedly be political dissidence and other actions they deem to be "anti-China") The people of Hong Kong are losing their democracy and their rights as we speak.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭41,660
Pronouns
she/her

denizen mars

Lesbian Potato Goddess
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,250
HK one hundo percent. People try to frame this as 'Communism versus western Democracy'- it's not. China is communist in name only and has been this way for a while. They are an authoritarian, patriarchal, homophobic and racist dictatorship. They spread outright lies about the protesters and support police that engage in attacks on unarmed, largely nonviolent protesters who simply want to maintain the status quo of one country, two systems that they grew up with. It's easy to see who is in the right here, and it's not the dictatorship that is set on quashing any dissent, no matter how innocuous.

But I also don't see how this will ever end positively for HK with the current leadership. PRC will keep tightening the chains every year. People will continue to protest. PRC can't kill them all because it would look bad. But they'll never get true sovereignty or democracy as things stand.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
This is like asking who do you think is right Myanmar or the rest of the world with regards to the Rohingya.

Joker

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭48,000
HK one hundo percent. People try to frame this as 'Communism versus western Democracy'- it's not. China is communist in name only and has been this way for a while. They are an authoritarian, patriarchal, homophobic and racist dictatorship. They spread outright lies about the protesters and support police that engage in attacks on unarmed, largely nonviolent protesters who simply want to maintain the status quo of one country, two systems that they grew up with. It's easy to see who is in the right here, and it's not the dictatorship that is set on quashing any dissent, no matter how innocuous.

But I also don't see how this will ever end positively for HK with the current leadership. PRC will keep tightening the chains every year. People will continue to protest. PRC can't kill them all because it would look bad. But they'll never get true sovereignty or democracy as things stand.
Western democracy is patriarchal, homophobic and racist. Western democracy is a rich white boys only club. Especially America but everyone turns a blind eye. Ask yourself this why haven’t America elected a female president yet and most asian countries have so far? So much for that patriarchal right?

What are your thoughts on Guantanamo bay? I’m sure you guys remember that right? So much for progressive civil laws. They detailed innocent civilians and withhold human basic rights. Savages you guys are no different than China. I can list other western countries that are so called democratic on paper but it’s a waste of time but some of you don’t get it and never will.

HYpoCriTeS try preaching what you talk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom