Do you think older k-pop groups had better discographies?

Akhuun

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭830
Many k-pop fans say music was better in the old days, and while I still prefer the new gen, I find that statement quite hard to argue with when it comes to title tracks. But if we are talking about albums new gen takes the cake. Compared to ye olde days when albums were comprised of a title track, a generic ballad and its six identical lab-grown clones, there's infinitely more variety in b-sides these days. Fans today even argue which b-side shoud have been promoted instead of the main single.

Feel free to prove me wrong by posting memorable 2nd gen b-sides that can rival title tracks.

Queen of the Clouds

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭860
I have to say I agree. Eps and albums are way better these days than they were 10+ years ago and whatnot. It used to feel like they just stuck in some side tracks to get people to buy an album, now it feels like some thought is put into the b-sides as well.

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,530
i agree with both of you!!
what i love with this new gen is there's way more producers, from korean to Western
like you guys said, back then b-sides used to be just boring and generic r&b and ballad tracks lol but now there's more variation

ydng

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭117,265
I don’t listen to 2nd gen bsides (other than 2NE1’s) because they were boring

emily

개냥이 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭23,750
honestly i find a lot of old b-sides basically unlistenable. even if most of today's title songs aren't that classic hook song catchiness, i think the overall production and variation has improved a lot and makes discographies more solid

Top Bottom