Future of korean survival shows from MNET

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
I personally don't think we will see the end of Produce shows, but they may go away from audience voting to judge\expert voting, so they can manipulate the results and get away with it.

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭599,700
Pronouns
He/Him
They should give a few years before trying another show like that tbh.

Whisky23

"Kind but not soft" Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭104,200
Pronouns
Stud/Studmuffin
Mnet has already announced a new survival show for the first half of 2020, so the scandals haven't slowed them down. The smell of money is too strong.

yknok

Nugu Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭273,220
That is the Belief with Big Hit. However, it is likely that it will probably go like Sixteen (The people voted, but JYP announced , before any votes began, that no matter how the votes might come out, he will select those he felt like, and he did.)

So, people might vote, but Hitman Bang will select the actual winners.

Mnet has already announced a new survival show for the first half of 2020, so the scandals haven't slowed them down. The smell of money is too strong.

lusobr

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭558,935
It's hard to say. It all depends on who is actually upset about this whole ordeal. If it's just people that don't care about k-pop but like to mock it I don't see mnet dropping this series. Trying to gauge the actual environment of Korea through the internet is impossible so I can't say for sure. K-pop fans can be pretty isolated so I don't discard them not caring much about the voting manipulation. Yes the series will make less money without the interest of non k-pop fans, but you can argue pdx101 and pd48 already had less general populace involvement.

My guess is Mnet will take a break for a while, let the dust settle from this and in a year or two comeback with the series or something similar but rebranded.

Top Bottom