How come Aespa have suddenly turned into a PAK monster with Supernova?

mikaseem

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭68,300
Pronouns
He
Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Aespa gained such a level of success, they deserve it but why with this song, Supernova? I'd never have thought this was a song that fits Korean taste, and to that extent that it remained a PAK for days after days. Has the musical taste of Koreans changed? Did Supernova go viral on Tiktok or other way

yyShin

Thє ℓʋηα Divineɾ 신
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭199,150
the songs slap, the timing was good with the hybe mess name dropping them so the attention was probably more than usual, they survived nj

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭76,410
Pronouns
she/her
Good and catchy song, dance going viral, fun music video, good promo, etc etc.

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭786,750
Pronouns
He/Him
Who knows? aespa is pretty much the Blackpink of this generation for me: i don't get the appeal :TzuyuKek: But i believe the choreo is viral rn? Also, they seem to do pretty well with younger audiences, which is always good for streams in general.

Last edited:

Your Biggest Fan

OPPA!!!!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭195,850
I think it's a combo of everything everyone in the thread has mentioned.

It's a good song with a (hilarious) meme worthy video. It's totally unserious, and that makes it approachable for a non-fan.
Next, yes, Aespa is having a comeback when there's no other notable artist promoting at the same time. All eyes are on them.
Last, MHJ made a lot of people mad when she released BSHs texts about Aespa. She wanted a fan war but I'm pretty sure she wasn't expecting any of Aespa's songs to start blocking NJs on the charts.

mikaseem

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭68,300
Pronouns
He
Who knows? aespa is pretty much the Blackpink of this generation for me: i don't get the appeal :TzuyuKek: But i believe the choreo is viral rn? Also, they seem to do pretty well with younger audiences, which is always good for streams in general.
I pretty much feel the same that they are GOING to be the blackpink of this era but still they need to work on a lot to get to that level. However, I really like their music.

mikaseem

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭68,300
Pronouns
He
I think it's a combo of everything everyone in the thread has mentioned.

It's a good song with a (hilarious) meme worthy video. It's totally unserious, and that makes it approachable for a non-fan.
Next, yes, Aespa is having a comeback when there's no other notable artist promoting at the same time. All eyes are on them.
Last, MHJ made a lot of people mad when she released BSHs texts about Aespa. She wanted a fan war but I'm pretty sure she wasn't expecting any of Aespa's songs to start blocking NJs on the charts.
I think Newjeans songs are not really now worthy of being on the charts! Whereas Aespa's supernova deserves to be on the chart man! the song is really good.

Top Bottom