Hybe Addresses New Jeans’s Video

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,740,000
Pronouns
She/Her
The new CEO of Hybe has released a brief statement regarding yesterdays livestream from New Jeans:
It will take time, but we are responding calmly according to the principle,"​
"Hive is a company that follows principles, a company that pursues management, and there is no change in this keynote​
Looking back now, the one who kept the principle became the final winner​
Article Source
As of right now no other statements have been made.

On a side note, I wanted to talk briefly about this other article I keep seeing floating around.

A lot of oversea fans have been wondering why New Jeans gave Hybe a deadline.

In an article talking about this it clarified:
Among lawyers, the period of 2 weeks is analyzed as a procedure for the termination of the exclusive contract.

In order for the artist to cancel the exclusive contract, it is supposed to convey the complaint to the company and give it a correction period, and the reason is that the period is usually 2 weeks.​

There seems to be heavy speculation that in two weeks New Jeans will be filing to end their contracts.

Article Source

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭68,800
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
here seems to be heavy speculation that in two weeks New Jeans will be filing to end their contracts.

sanahotgirl-twice-sana.gif

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Blog Lead Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭479,259
I don't see this ending well for anyone. Like...
:jinjudge:

• Unless they have a backer with some Saudi levels of wealth, then I doubt they can pay all the penalty fees. Since they likely encompass not just HYBE, but also brands/labels that they're working with (depending on the stipulations in these individual contracts). NewJeans members likely have deals with high fashion houses, which while ubiquitous atp, likely are both worth a lot of money and have high-cost termination fees for breach-of-contract.
  • They could reasonably go to court and fight it out, but considering the precedent that was set by FIFTY FIFTY, it'll be a tough case to win.
  • HYBE will never cave to their demands. They want MHJ out of their offices ASAP + the re: the supposed mistreatment. At least three HYBE sub-labels/associate-labels are suing MHJ for damages. so they might be avoiding the group for that reason. Plus, it's anecdotal, not enough proof to justify the claims & which supposedly happened while MHJ was still in charge of ADOR. Why didn't they report it to her while she was still in charge of the sub-label...

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭506,150
There's no good ending :

• They stay : they'll get ignored, put in hiatus, I don't think HYBE will take care of them. MHJ will probably get fired, otherwise it will be impossible to work together. Both side reached the breaking point long ago.
  • They leave : they'll have to pay the fee and it will be really expensive, moreover they have many other contracts with sponsors so they'll have also to pay, but at least they'll have their freedom and they'll be able to work with MHJ

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,591,863
As always I begin by reminding everyone that I do not like hybe, bsh or mhj for what happened to my girls. I have nothing against any artists of the company.
"Hive is a company that follows principles, a company that pursues management, and there is no change in this keynote."
Says the ceo of a company that disbanded Gfriend so they could steal their company's assets and blamed it on Gfriend. Then spent four years paying for articles that claimed it was Gfriend that wanted to disband and were unprofitable until the lies were exposed when they immediately stopped appearing. Meanwhile they attempted continuously and unsuccessfully to trademark the supposedly unprofitable Gfriend name post disbandment.
The facts are not in dispute as hybe never sued anyone over them and we know they are litigious.
I would not be surprised if SM or YG were to sign njs members considering the money they have generated. Especially SM given hybe's recent hostile takeover attempts.​

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,740,000
Pronouns
She/Her
I will try to find the article source, but word on the street is that Hybe reviewed CCTV footage regarding Hanni’s claim that a group ignored her and the group who was told not to talk to New Jeans is apparently Illit.

I’m sure the girls just wanted to innocently be friends, but taking into consideration the fact that Illit’s company is suing MHJ/Ador and its usually advised not to talk to the party you’re suing without a lawyer present, I sort of understand why a manager would have told them don’t talk to them… :sweat:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭506,150
I will try to find the article source, but word on the street is that Hybe reviewed CCTV footage regarding Hanni’s claim that a group ignored her and the group who was told not to talk to New Jeans is apparently Illit.

I’m sure the girls just wanted to innocently be friends, but taking into consideration the fact that Illit’s company is suing MHJ/Ador and its usually advised not to talk to the party you’re suing without a lawyer present, I sort of understand why a manager would have told them don’t talk to them… :sweat:

I'm sure every HYBE idols and groups wants to support them and wants to be close to them but with HYBE telling them to not talk or not greet them...It's a believable story

One story I heard was ILLIT did greet NewJeans but according to Hanni she heard their manager telling ILLIT members to not talk to them...

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,740,000
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm sure every HYBE idols and groups wants to support them and wants to be close to them but with HYBE telling them to not talk or not greet them...It's a believable story

One story I heard was ILLIT did greet NewJeans but according to Hanni she heard their manager telling ILLIT members to not talk to them...
I heard that too.

I genuinely feel bad for all the girls. I know some of the New Jeans, LSF, and Illit girls all trained together and probably are/just want to talk and be friends like normal but the adults/higher ups are forcing them not to.

It’s like when you were a kid and you have to stop being friends with someone cause your parents have beef with each other 😐

Top Bottom