Icheon Airport Cancels Celebrity Entrance

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,314,700
Pronouns
She/Her
I posted a few days ago that Icheon was going to open a separate celebrity entrance at the airport in order for safety reasons.

The entrance was canceled one day before it was set to open (October 28th).

The reason for the cancelation is due to public backlash. Korean citizens felt like giving celebrities their own separate entrance was giving them special treatment and discriminatory towards regular citizens.

Icheon airport once again tried to explain the separate entrance was created for safety reasons due to the large crowds that form when celebrities are in the airport, but after the issue was raised during a state audit by the National Assembly Land, Infrastructure and Transport Committee on the 24th, the entrance was deemed unfair due to most of the users of the entrance being people from large entertainment agencies.

Source

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭92,370
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, I kind of have to agree? :poggers: The day I saw a knet say “us commoners” I kinda jumped.

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭92,370
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like companies caving to public out lash in South Korea is getting quicker and quicker.
I mean, unlike K-pop companies, this is literally a matter of serving the people.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,314,700
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean, just make an entrance that they can pay for. Problem solved.
I think this is actually a very great idea. Especially since rich people would also most likely be happy to pay to have a private entrance as well, making it not just a "celebrity entrance".

The only thing I worry about that companies already pay to have extra security at airports which we all know is a shit show. If the extra security they pay for is already shit then I would be hesitant to pay for a private entrance if I was them.

Online some twitter users were saying the Korean airport should make things more like the US airports where unless you have a ticket you can't walk past a certain point, this would cut crowds down a lot (though saesangs already buy tickets and stalk celebrities at their gates as well...)

Doyochi

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,950
Pronouns
She/Her
This was such a good idea, not only for the idols' safety, but also for the fans, who shouldn't be there at the first place, but also the other travelers.
I remember that NCT had to weave through the crowd with a kid because said kid lost his parents due to the large crowds.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if some fellow travelers got hurt because of the crowds.

Top Bottom