Idols/Groups you disliked but now like?

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Let me start by saying this is NOT a hate thread or a thread for discussing an Idol/Group you think is untalented, overrated, etc. It is a thread to discuss members or groups who for whatever reason you disliked at some point but now like.

Why did you dislike them?
Why do you now like them?

Personally I used to dislike G-idle, reasons being I am a big fan of CLC and didn't like how Cube just threw them to the side once Idle debuted with instant success (also cause I don't like Latata). I didn't hate the group or the girls, but I definitely had a very negative view towards them and thought they were overhyped. But one day I randomly clicked on a SJ show video where they were featured and really liked their personalities and reactions to the point of looking into more of their content, and just kinda fell in love with them (specifically Yuqi lol). Now I don't consider myself a Neverland, but I do think of myself as a casual fan and wish them the best. What about you?

Aquamaraqua

Jinyoung's Wife
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭970,145
NCT

Why did you dislike them?
Because SM is trash and kicked out Takuya from AbSum (a vocation he seeked himself that got him popular) and replaced him w/ Yuta... and their i-fans hated on Taku with misinformation.

Why do you now like them?
Because they have cute personalities, especially Taeil.

Also: anticipate (G)I-DLE world domination 2K20

lovenatu

🥺 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,950
I don’t really dislike celebs often so I can’t really think of any but I didn’t really have the most favourable impression of Kai (I thought he seemed a bit arrogant but I didn’t dislike him) but then the whole SuperM promos thing made me realise how likeable he was. I was actually a bit stumped because his offstage persona was so different to what I had expected.

Honestly, SuperM made me like and become more interested in Kai, Baekhyun and Lucas all of who I didn’t really care for initially.

miatheikonic

✶ Zactheik💍nic ✶ VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭200
Hmm as I got into kpop with bts I was a hardcore army disliking exo, now exo are ults :TzuyuKek:

I don't think I really do disliking idols or groups, and if I do, I stay disliking them lmao

I also changed my opinion on jpop and Twice, both thanks to games held here, aka judging Twice playlist and playing Riri's jpop game, but I can't say I stan, I just changed my opinion amd actually do listen to some stuff

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
I don’t really dislike celebs often so I can’t really think of any but I didn’t really have the most favourable impression of Kai (I thought he seemed a bit arrogant but I didn’t dislike him) but then the whole SuperM promos thing made me realise how likeable he was. I was actually a bit stumped because his offstage persona was so different to what I had expected.

Honestly, SuperM made me like and become more interested in Kai, Baekhyun and Lucas all of who I didn’t really care for initially.
I had the same view of Kai, seeing his offstage personality gave me whiplash lol (in a good way)

Kłapouchy

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭536,259
I didn't dislike them, just wasn't super interested in them...

NEXT, they're a CPOP group. I didn't really like their debut but I saw the mv for WYTB and was blown TF away with both of their most recent albums, and now that Chengcheng's back, I can finally commit to stanning lmao

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,310
Pronouns
she/her
Twice
Didn’t like them because I thought their music was childish and I was lowkey angry they were more successful than my faves. I gradually started liking them more and now they’re my favorite girl group, I like them because of their music (strange, I know) and their personalities.

Kai
Back when I didn’t stan Exo I didn’t like him because he seemed arrogant to me. Looking back I can’t believe how stupid I was because this guy is literally the opposite :TzuyuKek: I guess I just saw what was on stage and didn’t bother to look beyond that.

Winter Air

🎲
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭933,875
I use to not really like TWICE. I don't quite remember all of my reasons for not liking them, but then again, I was uninterested in girl groups in general anyway.

TWICE is now my favorite girl group! They've had a lot of great songs recently, but I love some of their older stuff, too.

Top Bottom