ICYMI IN CASE YOU MISSED IT / NOVEMBER 13 - NOVEMBER 19

Kłapouchy

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭112,959
icymi_nov_19_169.png

NOVEMBER 13 - NOVEMBER 19

Hello Hallyuplussers and welcome to another update for our regularly scheduled In Case You Missed It! A weekly format where we wrap up all of the past weeks, news, releases, events, and more in one easy-to-digest format! This week, we had some great news from Korean soloist Dean. We learned that the singer-songwriter would be returning with new music after an extensive break from the music industry. Then we saw comebacks from both Korean and Japanese idols alike! Red Velvet returned with their latest studio album, Chill Kill, while Girls² came back with 'I Wanna Sengen' in preparation for their upcoming EP. All this and so much more in this week's In Case You Missed It!

Fin_001.png

BY POLARIS_TAE

MONDAY:
#1- Korean soloist Dean had some great news for fans this week! It's been shared that the singer-songwriter will officially be making his comeback on the 18th of November after a whopping 4-year hiatus from the music industry. Are you looking forward to new music from Dean?

#2- Now, moving on to company announcements. HYBE has shared that they will be establishing a Latin American branch with Issac Lee of Exile Content in order to bridge the gap between Kpop and the Latin American market.

#3- Also on Monday, we learned that Exo's D.O would be joining the cast of a new drama, 'Sculpture City'. The idol-actor will be playing the antagonist role in the drama and principal photography is reportedly set to begin soon. Are you looking forward to seeing D.O in an antagonistic role again?

#4- We have some updates related to the end-of-year awards this week! The Melon Music Awards, which is set to be held on the 2nd of December, has just announced the list of artists set to attend and perform at the ceremony. BOYNEXTDOOR, RIIZE, ZB1, IVE, NewJeans and more will be attending the Melon Music Awards. Will you be tuning in to watch the Melon Music Awards live this year, and if so, who do you want to win?

#5- Sadly, we saw another celebrity couple call it quits this week. On Monday, representatives for both Hyeri & Ryu Junyeol announced that the pair had officially broken up following a six-year relationship.

TUESDAY:
#1- Former PRISTIN member Park Sihyeon (Xiyeon) has officially signed a contract with Saero Actors for her future promotions as an actress. We look forward to her future activities under the management of a new company.

#2- MBC's Show Champion will be updating their MCs soon after it was announced that Billlie's Tsuki & Moon SuA, as well as woo!ah/EL7Z UP member Nana will be leaving their positions as MCs for the music show. Then later in the week, it was shared that (G)I-DLE's Miyeon would also be leaving her MC position on M-net's M-Countdown. Are you sad to see them go, and who would you like to see as their replacements?

#3- On Tuesday, it was shared that SNSD's Tiffany would be taking a break from upcoming entertainment-related activities after being advised by medical professionals that it would be in her best interests to do so. According to her management company, Sublime Artist Agency, she will be on break for approximately two weeks beginning on the 14th of November to sufficiently rest and recover. We wish her the best, and hope to see her back to full health soon!

WEDNESDAY:
#1- It was officially confirmed on Wednesday that BABY MONSTER would be making their debut as a six-member group. Following months of speculation that Ahyeon had left the debut line-up of BABY MONSTER, YG Entertainment officially shared via a press release on Wednesday that Ahyeon had withdrawn from the company for personal reasons. However, the company remains optimistic that Ahyeon will be rejoining the group at a later date. What do you think about this development?

#2- On Wednesday we learned that Stray Kids would be not just attending the Billboard Music Awards, but also performing at the awards ceremony in person. The awards show took place on Sunday (US time), did you check out their performance?

THURSDAY:
#1- We received various comeback announcements on Thursday. We have three music releases due by the end of November. (G)I-DLE's Minnie released a new OST for the MBC drama, 'It's a Good Day to Be a Dog' on Wednesday, Super Junior's Ryeowook will release his new single, 'It's Okay' on the 20th of November, while the Boys Planet contestant, Lee Seunghwan will make his official solo debut on the 27th of November. Also making their debut soon will be former Spica member Kim Bohyung, who will officially be debuting as a member of the 90s hip-hop group Uptown who previously employed the vocal and raspping talents of Yoon Mirae, Jessica H.O -- now more commonly known as Jessie -- and SWINGS during its various line-up changes throughout the years. Then finally, we have some great news for SISTAR fans! It's been announced that their sub-group SISTAR19, consisting of Hyolyn & Bora, will be making their first comeback after 10 years in January. Are you looking forward to any of these upcoming releases?

#2- We had two new drama casting announcements this week! Super Junior member Donghae & EXID's Jeonghwa will be joining the cast of the 2023 drama, 'A Man and a Woman'. The drama will officially debut next month in December. Meanwhile, former APRIL member Lee Naeun will be joining the cast of the 'Chaebol X Detective' drama. This series will officially premiere in 2024. Then the following day, we learned that SNSD's Yuri will be joining the cast of the upcoming JTBC legal drama 'Parole Officer Lee Han-shin'. Now moving on to variety shows, and SNSD's Tiffany will be joining Sistar's Soyou on an upcoming episode of the KBS variety, 'Golden Girls'. The episode featuring the two idols aired on the 17th of November.

FRIDAY:
#1- JYP shared an update related to ITZY Lia's condition on Friday. The management company shared that the idol had been professionally diagnosed with an anxiety disorder after experiencing symptoms of anxiety. The company shared that Lia would continue to stay on hiatus and focus on recovery while the other members of ITZY continue their regular schedules. In addition, Lia's solo single, 'Blossom' will be included in ITZY's upcoming album. We hope to see her back to full health soon!

SATURDAY:
#1- There was no relevant news on Saturday.

SUNDAY:
#1- There was no relevant news on Sunday.

Fin_004.png

BY POLARIS_TAE

#1.RED VELVET - CHILL KILL

Red Velvet made their return this week with their 3rd studio album, Chill Kill, and its title track of the same name. This release contains a total of 10 tracks and is the group's first official Korean-language release in a little under a year and their first studio album since 2017's Perfect Velvet. Similarly to their 2019 hit 'Psycho' Red Velvet has returned with another Halloween-esque hit with their latest release 'Chill Kill'. The Kenzie-produced hit has a killer hook with an experimental instrumental that, while interesting, can also be detrimental during certain sections as it drowns out the members' vocals. Out of all of the b-sides this release, I felt like 'Knock Knock' & 'Will I Ever See You Again' were the strongest side-tracks on this release as the intricate instrumentals and excellent vocal mixing helped to officially set the mood for the album. Overall, I felt that both the album, as well as its lead single, was a strong addition to the group's already great discography and we can't wait to see what they come back with next!

#2. UNLAME - MAYONAKA NO BINETSU
The AKB48-associated Japanese idol group, UNLAME released their latest single, 'Mayonaka no Binetsu' this week. The group, which was formed through the AKB48 audition program OUT OF 48, made their return following their pre-debut single, 'I Am I' in September. Earlier this year, it was shared, via the groups' audition program, that they would be releasing a new single every month in order to quickly grow its discography. However, unlike as previously reported, we did not see a new single released in October despite reports that the release had already been finalized. We instead had to wait until November for the release of 'Mayonaka no Binetsu'. Unlike the group's initial pre-debut single, 'I Am I', which felt relatively unpolished compared to other 48G associated acts, both in the music production and its low-budget music video, the group has effectively succeeded in the production of their new single 'Mayonaka no Binetsu'. This can be seen through the creation of a lo-fi, pop single that perfectly compliments each of the members' vocal talents. We hope that this may allow them to develop their sound into something uniquely distinct from the wider AKB48 brand. Overall, it's a great release that proves to me once again why lo-fi music is one of my favourite genres both outside and within the Asian pop hemisphere.

#3.GIRLS² - I WANNA SENGEN
The LDH girl group Girls² made their comeback this week with 'I Wanna Sengen'. This is the group's first release since September's collaboration singles 'Rock Steady' & 'The Finest' with fellow labelmate iScream. This time, they're back with a more laid-back and energetic release through 'I Wanna Sengen'. This release, unlike the heavy-hitting and dance-centric 'The Finest', focuses far more on displaying the feelings of love and infatuation through both its lyrics and presentation. As seen through the group's softer approach to the choreography and performance throughout the music video. Overall, it's a great release that effectively showcases the multifaceted strengths of the group. In addition to their new single, their agency has also revealed that they will be releasing a 4-track EP next month on the 20th of December. In addition to 'I Wanna Sengen', the group will be releasing three new songs as well: 'Docchi!?', 'Rise and Shine' & 'Jin Jin Jinsei Shokai Song - Zokuhen -'. Furthermore, their agency has shared that fans will be able to take part in a mini screenshot competition. To enter this competition, fans will be required to submit screenshots of their favourite scenes in the music video to be in the running to win 'FAVE!!' goods that were used throughout the filming of the music video for 'I Wanna Sengen'. There will be a total of five separate winners chosen via lottery. The competition closes on the 22nd of November at 11:59 PM (JST). More information regarding the fan competition can be found on the LDH official website.

Fin_003.png

BY POLARIS_TAE

#1- Jungkook set a new personal record this week when the idol's solo album, Golden tied with fellow BTS member V to become the only solo album in history to surpass 2 million copies on the Gaon (Circle) Chart! While on the topic of album sales, SM girl group aespa has officially recorded 1.13 million copies sold in first-week sales for their 4th mini-album, Drama. Congrats!

Fin_002.png

BY POLARIS_TAE

XParh4Z.png

Our Hallyu+ Events Team returned this week with another new update to our weekly H+ Station Chart. This week, TXT took the #1 position with their single 'Chasing That Feeling'. Be sure to check out our chart to see where all of your favourite songs ranked!

Our ongoing Cult of the Mascots event continued this week! We had two games take place throughout the week as a part of the event.

soozie is be holding two new games and activities:

'A Cultists Robe - Mini Set Activity' where users can express their creativity by creating spooky-related sets to represent their Hallyu+ deity. Submissions will end on the 24th of November at midday (EST) so if you're looking to participate, then be sure to get your submissions in ASAP!

'A Ritual Playlist' where participants are required to create their own playlist to get into the eerie and spooky mood of the event! Submissions for this challenge end on the 23rd of November at 11:59 PM (EST), so make sure to get your submissions in soon!

+

RECRUITMENT.png

Hallyu+ is actively recruiting for staff. If you want to contribute to the forum's growth and join our amazing team, don't hesitate and apply now!
We are searching for new members for the following teams Blog Team, Social Media Team - Press & ICYMI Divisions. Our full list of ongoing recruitments can be accessed via the General Recruitment Thread.

This brings us to the end of another great In Case You Missed It for another week! We'll see you again soon for more great updates! As always, we're still looking for new contributors to help out with our In Case You Missed It article format. So if you'd like to see your name at the top of our articles, then make sure to apply via the recruitment links above.

GFX BY @yerm
FEATURED ARTISTS Sakagawa Hikuya (UNLAME/AKB48), Jake (ENHYPEN), Tiffany, D.O, Wendy

Last edited:
Top Bottom