RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,911,700
Pronouns
She/Her
masKRg7.png

This is a mini update to the 9/30 hybe vs ador updates.

In the last blurb of those updates I mentioned that a group of Tokki's were threatening to sue Hybe for various reasons, mainly being they felt that they were mistreating New Jeans.

This group of Tokki's announced today that since Hybe has not responded to them about anything they would be following through with the lawsuit.

I'm a bit confused by what exactly this group is doing since first they said they would be suing hybe for various reasons, but in their announcement today they said they are taking completely different legal actions against Hybe?

As a mini summary:
- They said they are now making a formal legal complaint for hybe to be audited, and this complaint has already been accepted.
- They claimed the government was originally looking into auditing hybe but hybe bribed politicians not to do so, claiming it was unnecessary.
- They also criticized Hybe for bribing politicians along with journalist (they claimed hybe paid journalists to write bad articles about NJ)
- They have been in contact with the Korea’s Culture, Sports, and Tourism Committee, along with frequently contacting government agencies/offices and lawmakers to all urge them to look into Hybe and their illegal activities.
- They seem to specifically have beef with Bang PD?
- They are also claiming Hybe is frequently Hybe in violation of their government institutions? (?????)

What the internet is divided about:
The biggest thing the internet seems divided on is that Team Tokki announced that Hybe is trying to find out their personal information which they feel is a major violation of their rights.
- Some people are saying Hybe are bullies and Team Tokkis are entitled to their privacy, and Hybe has no right to their personal information.
- Others disagree, when kpop agencies say they will be taking legal action against malicious comments online the first thing they do is try to find their information to begin the lawsuit. Some people are arguing Hybe trying to find out their information is just standard procedure and maybe Hybe is planning on sueing them for defamation.

( - Something I want to know is, if Team Tokki's are planning on suing Hybe wouldn't Hybe find out their identities then? I don't think you can anonymously sue someone :iwillfightyou: ???)

It's very very long, but here is the link to the full tweet made by team tokkis for anyone who wishes to read it.

I'm not sure if they are doing this request for an audit instead of suing, along with suing, or to my understanding they are doing this first so that they have more legal ground to stand on when they begin to sue hybe?

Unrelated to this, but I also wanted to throw in another mini news update that NJ fans are also now petitioning for Bang PD to go to trial with the current Ador CEO (aka the former Hybe HR manager) for Hanni's bullying case.

What is your take on all of this?

I'm personally still confused why Tokki's are suing Hybe on MHJ and NJ's behalf? I understand wanting to protect your favorite artists, but I feel like this is going a bit overboard...​

Last edited:

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,589,770
Pronouns
She/Her
WTF :squints: what did that guy even do ???

I’m also surprised Kpop fans have not done that more often?
Toward the second half of 3rd gen is when fans transformed into normal people :iwillfightyou:

Kyuhyun was added after Suju's debut so fans were just mad to see a new member added. The spectacle was insaaaaaane. But in general, fans were a lot more involved and hands on back then.

Your Biggest Fan

OPPA!!!!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭261,150
Toward the second half of 3rd gen is when fans transformed into normal people
IDK about that.
3rd gen gave us ARMYs, BLINKs and EXO-Ls.
But I do think the majority of fandoms have calmed down. From what I've seen of 4th gen TOKKIs and MYs are the only ones that make me side eye them. MONSTIEZ has 5th gen covered.

heather

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,589,770
Pronouns
She/Her
IDK about that.
But I do think the majority of fandoms have calmed down. From what I've seen of 4th gen TOKKIs and MYs are the only ones that make me side eye them. MONSTIEZ has 5th gen covered.
You're right, I am setting the bar way too low here.

For me, EXO-Ls were atrocious at the start but toward the end, when we got to like 2017-18 they weren't as batshit crazy. Army, I feel like it was more online? Don't get me wrong, people were still crazy but I feel like around the end is when we stopped getting stories like fans freezing pee from the toilet a member used. I guess what I mean isn't that 3rd gen had normal fans, but that was around the time fans were finally getting called out on being nuts.

Still insane people, but I would have to say protest trucks being considered crazy fan behavior is a major improvement.

Nope.

A girl stalked SVT last year, didn't she? :run:

It is embarrassing, but I genuinely thought @tokki was suing HYBE. I thought one of us was finally going to be famous.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,911,700
Pronouns
She/Her
IDK about that.
What did MY's do? I'm on Kpop twitter and most aespa fans i've met are literally the most chill people ever?

I know nct is like a 3rd and 4th gen hybrid, but i'd say in terms of side-eyeing 4th gen fandoms I think cezennies have my side-eye vote (for boy groups at least).

I know members have had to beg on bubble for people to please stop standing outside their dorms to the point where they had to start cursing at them, and a few weeks ago someone snuck onto a plane to take pictures of mark and haechan sleeping or something?

As a Deobi I know The Boyz have been going through stuff as well, but mostly from oversea fans not Korean fans.

For me, EXO-Ls were atrocious at the start but toward the end, when we got to like 2017-18 they weren't as batshit crazy. Army, I feel like it was more online? Don't get me wrong, people were still crazy but I feel like around the end is when we stopped getting stories like fans freezing pee from the toilet a member used. I guess what I mean isn't that 3rd gen had normal fans, but that was around the time fans were finally getting called out on being nuts.

It is embarrassing, but I genuinely thought @tokki was suing HYBE. I thought one of us was finally going to be famous.

I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck :iwillfightyou:

Also I was low-key worried about NJ Tokki's getting confused with user Tokki (NJ fans stole Tokki's name 😓) but if someone from our forum was getting sued or sueing someone this whole forum probably would be shut down unless one of us is secretly a lawyer.

I also don't know if this makes sense, but I feel like the reason why 3rd gen is when all the crazy stories started to lessen a bit is because it's around this time that Kpop started to get more internationally famous and unless you're rich and can afford plane tickets it's hard to do batshit crazy things from halfway across the planet.

This is why we see more protest trucks or protest flowers now instead of actual fans standing outside the building with protest signs. An international fan can't just drop everything to fly to Korea to personally fistfight a company ceo, but you can pay a Korean company to send a truck or some flowers from anywhere in the world.

The vast majority of protest trucks I see are from oversea fans.

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭54,422,363
As someone who has followed the legal and business end of the entertainment field it is clear hybe wants the information on these people to file a preemptive countersuit. They hope to tie them up legally and financially. I have seen this many times.

Your Biggest Fan

OPPA!!!!
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭261,150
What did MY's do?

Ever since that BSH text leak mentioning Aespa, they've had it out for LeSserafim and ILLIT.

Don't get me wrong, people were still crazy but I feel like around the end is when we stopped getting stories like fans freezing pee from the toilet a member used.

you-what-spongebob-squarepants.gif
THEY WHAT???!!!

heather

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,589,770
Pronouns
She/Her
What did MY's do? I'm on Kpop twitter and most aespa fans i've met are literally the most chill people ever?

I know nct is like a 3rd and 4th gen hybrid, but i'd say in terms of side-eyeing 4th gen fandoms I think cezennies have my side-eye vote (for boy groups at least).

I know members have had to beg on bubble for people to please stop standing outside their dorms to the point where they had to start cursing at them, and a few weeks ago someone snuck onto a plane to take pictures of mark and haechan sleeping or something?

As a Deobi I know The Boyz have been going through stuff as well, but mostly from oversea fans not Korean fans.

I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck :iwillfightyou:

Also I was low-key worried about NJ Tokki's getting confused with user Tokki (NJ fans stole Tokki's name 😓) but if someone from our forum was getting sued or sueing someone this whole forum probably would be shut down unless one of us is secretly a lawyer.

I also don't know if this makes sense, but I feel like the reason why 3rd gen is when all the crazy stories started to lessen a bit is because it's around this time that Kpop started to get more internationally famous and unless you're rich and can afford plane tickets it's hard to do batshit crazy things from halfway across the planet.

This is why we see more protest trucks or protest flowers now instead of actual fans standing outside the building with protest signs. An international fan can't just drop everything to fly to Korea to personally fistfight a company ceo, but you can pay a Korean company to send a truck or some flowers from anywhere in the world.

The vast majority of protest trucks I see are from oversea fans.
Ever since that BSH text leak mentioning Aespa, they've had it out for LeSserafim and ILLIT.

you-what-spongebob-squarepants.gif
THEY WHAT???!!!
EXO-Ls went into the bathroom after one of the members, froze the pee water and tried to sell it :glam:

tokki

made in your love Awards Lead
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭654,820

Still insane people, but I would have to say protest trucks being considered crazy fan behavior is a major improvement.

Nope.

A girl stalked SVT last year, didn't she? :run:

I might as well! Maybe they'll settle and I can win big and quit my day job.

:glam:

Top Bottom