Is anyone else worried about SuperM ..flopping?

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,541
Minopolis Coins
It won't be in sales for sure but I don't believe anyone in the US will care about who the "avengers" of kpop are. I think SM is trying to get the word about them out, and while all kpop fans know they're debuting to be a super group and shit, does anyone in the general public care? Are they going to come back to Korea/China with only some appearances on morning shows where the hosts ask their favourite US restaurant? Did SM secure that the song will be a hit and they will be huge? I didn't care much about what SM does with them till now but I'm suddenly worried that this will be WG 2.0 and the members will be made fun of on Korean sites for failing to really be the "avengers"

Am I looking too much into this? Is SM doing this just to get money from the fans and not to gain a place in the US pop market?

Eyeyuu

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,460
Minopolis Coins
it's gonna be glorious when it fails to outsell baekhyuns album lmao. probably won't even reach his first day sales

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,560
Minopolis Coins
Pronouns
she/her
Not really scared. I know it'll be a flop so I'm prepared. The GP has no interest in kpop whatosever and if they did, BTS is the peak of that interest. I don't see them joining BP and BTS on the worldwide market.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
Minopolis Coins
Is 300k considered a flop now? Because I think they'll easily get those number at the very least.

rananicolee

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭186,625
Minopolis Coins
Honestly, I have seen nothing about Super M in the mainstream media. They care more about BTS and Blackpink.

An American advancement works best when it’s more organic than pushed. Look at the Spice Girls. They weren’t pushed into America. It was a gradual growth.

Kingly

Sovereign Of Terror and Chaos
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,240
Minopolis Coins
Obviously they will probably sell hundreds of thousands of albums. That's pretty much a given. As for general public appeal...probably not much. Capitol Records will definitely get them lots of airplay on radio and such tho. That's probably gonna be it I feel. Can't really force yourself into the US market heavy handed. Rarely works out well

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
Minopolis Coins
300k seems a bit high to me tbh
i would call it a sucess if they sold 200k.
Why? Are fans really that pressed about this collab group? They have some of the most popular idols in here, I don't see how it would sell so "little". So far, the excitement I've seen far surpases the anger for it, but it's been more from casual fans rather than the hardcore stans; those scare me, so I stay away from them.

Icy

Yuta
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,412,100
Minopolis Coins
Why? Are fans really that pressed about this collab group? They have some of the most popular idols in here, I don't see how it would sell so "little". So far, the excitement I've seen far surpases the anger for it, but it's been more from casual fans rather than the hardcore stans; those scare me, so I stay away from them.
i mean just from the fans who are actually in the us, not overall

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
Minopolis Coins
I don't think they'll fail but I don't think they'll be as a outright hit that SM might be hoping for. They'll sell well and do promotions and the hype is there for kpop fans but I don't think the U.S. GP will be tuning in.

Evanescence

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭347,005
Minopolis Coins
I'm worried about them being laughed at here in the U.S. I think they're going to sell pretty well and gain new fans. I think SM is just coming to the U.S. to gain money, but who knows.

Tommie

ROCKET Donor Proud Solo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,300
Minopolis Coins
Its sad to say but I have a feeling that they're going to flop.​

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE Proud Solo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭34,063,764
Minopolis Coins
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think they will "flop", but i do believe they aren't gonna fullfil SM's expectations... SM need to wake up.

TT95

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,695
Minopolis Coins
this thread is honestly insightful lol I honestly believe they'll sell 500K+ and that's low balling it and they'll debut top10 on BB with the way individuals keep selling out US wise. they'll be fine. maybe not mainstream but good enough to keep pushing them in the US market

SageWren

The Genre is BTS Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭553,095
Minopolis Coins
Usually I think 200-300k would be good for a group, but SM is investing so much into this, and being a combination of 3 fandoms, I would say anything less than 500k is a problem. Time will tell, but a lot exo-l's weren't happy with exo's "charity work" as they called it, and thats were alot of the buying power is.

Top Bottom