Is Haikyuuu really worth the hype?

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,915
I’m not a big fan of sports genre but I heard nothing but praises for this show so I’m a bit curious on whether or not I should watch it

perspherspley

Apink ~ I.O.I ~ Loona ~ IZ*ONE ~ fromis_9 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭991,330
It is good, alongside the normal sports anime like Slam Dunk, Hikaru no Go and Baby Steps out there without superpowers.

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭103,417
You should probably be able to watch the first episode and decide from there whether you want to continue it or not.

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
It's good! The characters are really lovable, even if they're on rival team. I didn't read the manga but the anime has many heart touching moments

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
I just watched about 4 episodes during an AX. It looked well made. Sadly there is too many series I wanted to check before this one, so never committed. It seems a fine series for non sports anime fan as it doesn't seem that hardcore into volleyball and more character driven and focused. The volleyball aspect could be either more subtle/realist or more hardcore for my taste, but it's not a deterrent to enjoy it. Maybe it could be the one that convert you into a sports anime fan.

Maybe I will check it more as well. It feels like it has its own vibe as my first impression. Like you can bunch sports animes in certain style.

yooamygirls

how deep is your love VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭739,810
Yes! I really enjoyed it! I'm a fan of volleyball so that helped, but it's honestly just really, really good! All the characters are lovable.

edogaminari

#GetWellSoonMina
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,970
I only read manga. The manga so wonderful. Worth it for sport manga without superpowers.
The match give you a thrilling feel, the characters very lovable, and the art so good (especially at double pages).
I still don't have a much time to watching anime. But I heard it's good too.

You must try read / watch 3-5 chapters / episode for starter

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
I watched the first few episodes a couple of years ago (but I've been too busy to watch anything more) and I enjoyed it! It's the only sports anime I've seen other than Free! and it was much more enjoyable. The characters were interesting and it really got me curious about volleyball. Try it!

Top Bottom