JYPE has filed a restraining order against Nayeon’s stalker and criminally charged him as of today for charges of 'obstruction of business'.

Danee

♥ ANSWER ♥ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
Its sad that restraining order for a stalker must be filled for obstruction of bussiness and not stalking.

But hopefully it will apply even for stalking her in her free time (outside of official schedule/bussiness) and he will stop.

This whole situation is so foked up.

Danee

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
Obstruction of business ?! What the hell
Not all countries see stalking as crime until the person is considered threat (aka physically attacking you with weapon). In my country its relatively new as well and stalking was started to be taken serioulsy after one psycho killed whole family even though tthey reported several times to police, they just couldnt legally do anything about it cause the person didnt break any law existing at that time. Not sure about Korean law, but obstruction of bussiness may be othe only way how to deal with someone like this there.

Qoptyi

Hallyuboo Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭304,200
I happened to be thinking about this very thing before logging on. I don't know why Korea doesn't deport him or refuse him entry (as he's German apparently). He's hardly a desirable visitor to their country. And also why Korea Air hasn't banned him from their planes. (Although maybe they have now.)

Maybe I watch too much K-drama, but I would have thought friends in high places would have made this happen by now.

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,055,350
Finally! Should have also filed charges against his idiotic brother as well for being an accomplice in all of this

huffie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭185,325
Finally!! ʕ;ᴥ;ʔ I was so worried they wouldnt be able to do anything against him legally until he got violent or something, this is a big relief

lingyi

Stan
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭73,925
Not all countries see stalking as crime until the person is considered threat (aka physically attacking you with weapon). In my country its relatively new as well and stalking was started to be taken serioulsy after one psycho killed whole family even though tthey reported several times to police, they just couldnt legally do anything about it cause the person didnt break any law existing at that time. Not sure about Korean law, but obstruction of bussiness may be othe only way how to deal with someone like this there.

+1

This is critical for those criticizing JYPE being slow to take action. "He's following/calling/texting me." isn't enough to file a restraining order against anyone almost anywhere.

BTW, I know from personal experience since my sister sadly had to file a restraining order against her son several times. Nothing could be done until he physically assaulted her. Once the first RO was file, the followups (which only last a year at most) were easier to get. I'm in the USA.

No.1

Idol Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭292,855
Its sad that restraining order for a stalker must be filled for obstruction of bussiness and not stalking.

But hopefully it will apply even for stalking her in her free time (outside of official schedule/bussiness) and he will stop.

This whole situation is so foked up.
It is sad that stalking isn’t taken as seriously as it should, but this way, JYP at least might ensure that the creep stays away from Nayeon for good. I don’t think there are even restraining orders in SK, and if there are, then I wouldn’t have any trust it’d be enforced or respected at all, given how lousy the laws are over there when it comes to unwanted sexual behaviour.

Danee

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭234,495
It is sad that stalking isn’t taken as seriously as it should, but this way, JYP at least might ensure that the creep stays away from Nayeon for good. I don’t think there are even restraining orders in SK, and if there are, then I wouldn’t have any trust it’d be enforced or respected at all, given how lousy the laws are over there when it comes to unwanted sexual behaviour.
Yeah. Exactly my thoughts. At least JYPE tries to do the best to protect Nayeon. Unfortunatelly their hands are tied by law. If there is no law which would prohibit his behaviour, then they cant legally do anything about him.

Joker

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭48,000
This guy sounds like most white guys who go to Asia and thinks that every girl is going to sleep with him the moment he gets off the plane. Delusional scumbag.

yerm

I can make the beat go! Graphics Lead Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,505,706
Pronouns
she/her
Good. It's really lucky he hadn't put her in serious danger yet.

Top Bottom