SALES Meiqi’s EP <love•not love> sold over 1.43 million copies & made 10 million yuan within 8 minutes of release on netease music!

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭28,068
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
wtf. i guess it's what she deserves for introducing me to Yinuo :sanapray:

EEV1ZNkUYAEdH5Q.jpg

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
WJSN Meiqi?!

She had an AMAZING career boost with Rocket Girls. She's basically the "It Girl" for Mando-Idols in the mainlands (with THE9 Jiaqi and Esther Yu possibly coming for her crown; they're also from an idol produced series - the rival show to P101 in fact). I know Chinese idols in Korea have a negative reputation for being deserters but I really didn't think she'd go back to Cosmic Girls after RG disbanded and I don't think anyone who remotely followed her wouldn't be surprised or even upset. She has outsold Cosmic Girls 10 times over with her debut EP. I never followed her, WJSN, or Rocket Girls but I saw all the Chinese reports when that TWO SONG EP dropped lat year and sold over 2 million copies (I think it was reported to be nearing 3 million by the end of 2019).

I thought she was an actress because she starred in like 4 dramas back to back to freaking back. Once I realized she was a KPOP Idol, I KNEW she was destined for better things. If WJSN was more successful, I could understand her finishing the contract but.... And then the group had a comeback with NONE of the Chinese members. They could've pushed the date back a month since RG was disbanding in mid June and they could've gotten back 2 of their members.

Maybe her popularity will have transferred over to the group sales when/if she returns to promoting with them. I feel like this is going to be a EXO and Chen situation where she's "apart of the group" but not apart of the group.

Top Bottom