AUDIO Meltrosz's OPM Recommendation: Episode 5 - "214" by Rivermaya

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Episode 5 -"214" by Rivermaya
Rivermaya.rivermaya.jpg

Hello, everyone! I've decided to start a little project of introducing the forum to some of the best songs from my country, the Philippines. We call the songs from our country as "OPM" which means Original Philippine Music.
To encourage interaction, I will be rewarding the best comment with ⨭10,000!
The winner will be announced in my next episode.

Before everything, I'll announce the winner for my
previous episode's best comment!
Congratulations! You win ⨭10,000!

We also did a
special giveaway for our first week last month. And the winner is:
Congratulations! You win ⨭50,000!

For my fifth episode, here is one of the debut singles by the legendary Filipino rock band Rivermaya

Am I real?
Do the words I speak before you make feel
That the love I've got for you will see no ending?
Well if you look into my eyes then you should know
That you have nothing here to doubt nothing to fear
And you can lay your questions down cause if you'll hold me

We can fade into the night and you'll know
The world would die and everything may lie
Still you shouldn't cry
'Cause time may pass
But longer than it'll last
I'll be by your side

Take my hand
And gently close your eyes so you could understand
That there's no greater love tonight than what I've for you
Well if you feel the same way for me then let go
We can journey to a garden no one knows
Life is short my darling tell me that you love me

So we can fade into the night and you'll know
The world could die and everything may lie
Still you shouldn't cry
'Cause time may pass
But longer than it'll last
I'll be by your side
Forever by your side

I want you to know
The world could lie
And everything may die
Still you shouldn't cry
'Cause time may pass
And everything won't last
I'll be by your side
Forever by your side
Forever by your side
So you won't cry

"214" is one of the four singles in the legendary rock band Rivermaya's debut album in 1997. It features Bamboo Manalac on lead vocals, who is famous in the country for his mellow but powerful singing style. The song is a pop rock/ballad song which is very interesting because, in 1997, where people were singing Eraserheads, Rivermaya came out with something very unique in the music scene at that time. The song starts with a keyboard intro and an iconic bass lick. Bamboo's raspy singing style was also made iconic in this song. The song has become one of my all-time favorites due to its very unique structure, effects, and heartfelt lyrics.

What did you think of the song? Leave your comments, suggestions, and feedback below!

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
Didn't expect for this to be in English and for the BPM to be this slow! I like how it has that throwback sound reminiscent of the 90s. I do wish it were more dynamic though and that the electric guitar introduced later on came a bit earlier. But that's just my personal preference 😂 It really does remind me of ballads, which is probably why it's categorised as a ballad-rock song.

A

Aerith

So, after listening to it a few times... overall I rather like it. It's something that is just pretty easy to listen to, but then you have that guitar solo, which I love. Tbh guitar solos, in general, are one of my favorite things, when well done sooo. Anyway, I already like rock ballads quite a bit so it's something I could see adding in a playlist if I ever make one.

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭257,460
Pronouns
she/her
Thank you for choosing me :wow:

Hmm, the song reminds me of those rock ballads my dad used to play at home so for me it has a nostalgic feeling to it. I can see why you like it; for me it's a very calming song, even if it's rock. I liked the guitar solo a lot. I didn't like the long intro however but that's just personal preference I think. Overall I think it's a good song that I could listen to but it doesn't really stand out as much to me unfortunately.

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
Didn't expect for this to be in English and for the BPM to be this slow! I like how it has that throwback sound reminiscent of the 90s. I do wish it were more dynamic though and that the electric guitar introduced later on came a bit earlier. But that's just my personal preference 😂 It really does remind me of ballads, which is probably why it's categorised as a ballad-rock song.
yes it reminds me a lot of 90s to 00s rock ballads like Hoobastank's The Reason (2004), and probably some Scorpion songs like Winds of Change (1991) and Send Me an Angel (1990) 🤔 but yeah i really like this one because Filipino rock only started in 1996, and 214 is very different from the mainstream rock at that time

BlueNose

Not to say that Im in love with you VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,195,700
I love this. I really love the idea of unconditional love, and i feel like the lyrics show it perfectly
I was already vibing with the song, but by the guitar solo i was really sold on it, it’s SO good and i like that they intergrated the guitar in to the rest of the song afterwards
This song has the same vibe as a song i heard in a movie yearsss ago, it kinda takes me back
Still not over the lyrics tho, they touch me

sexy cutie

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
So, after listening to it a few times... overall I rather like it. It's something that is just pretty easy to listen to, but then you have that guitar solo, which I love. Tbh guitar solos, in general, are one of my favorite things, when well done sooo. Anyway, I already like rock ballads quite a bit so it's something I could see adding in a playlist if I ever make one.
i'm glad you liked it! yes the mellow vocals makes it very easy and pleasing to listen to 😍 it would be very nice to add it to your playlist!

Top Bottom