Minzy and Music Works

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680

Seems like Minzy is having some trouble with MW as of late. Seems they are not letting her release music.
Unfortunately her last song didn't do too great, thanks to low quality, low budget and lack of promotion.

This was her last song in case anyone missed it.

Fans on Twitter are tweeting Music Works with the hashtag #GIVEUSMINZY

She deserves so much better than this bs after years of nothing from YG. After her first album with MW I had high hopes. 😭

MicrowavedTea

10vely Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭236,462
Remember when a lot of people celebrating Minzy signing with Music Works and try to make it looks like the best agency in this world :sip:

Reactions: Bom

Dragon of the West

Iroh VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,050,950
I don't mean to be rude but given the fact that her debut album had really underwhelming sales, I think the company is hesitant to continue giving her activities if it means they're not going to be making much money off her.

Ofcourse, I could be wrong and maybe they are mistreating her for other reasons but on the surface, low returns seem to be the likely reason why they're holding her back and maybe just waiting for her contract to run dry.

GVK

Hopeless Multifan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,390,211
I'm guessing budget is a big factor. But I have good faith in Music Works.

MicrowavedTea

10vely Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭236,462
But now looking at it, isn't all Music Works artists are kinda ... in hiatus? MYTEEN was in a kind of hiatus before Kookheon and Yuvin showed up at PDX. Sohee, she debuted solo and then no new music again :iwillfightyou:

rosie

• ♔ • Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭17,750
Artists who are in the position to do so should start to add terms into their contracts, specifying the number of comebacks, or the amount of work, they receive. In my field, people always stress the importance of making sure that your contract specifies the minimum number of clients you receive on the job. Especially if your salary is dependent on the number of face-to-face hours you get.

Reactions: Bom
Top Bottom