Netflix "Yu Yu Hakusho" Live Action Series Debuts at #1 on Global Non-English TV Rankings

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,822,075

Live-Action Yu Yu Hakusho Series Debuts at #1 on Netflix's Global Non-English TV Rankings​

GBwEUYkaQAA0QMM

Netflix announced on Thursday that the live-action series based on Yoshihiro Togashi's Yu Yu Hakusho manga has ranked #1 on Netflix's global non-English-language rankings for its first week. The series had 7.7 million total views, with 32.1 million hours viewed and an average runtime of 4:11 hours, during the period of December 11-17.
The show ranked in the top 10 in 76 countries, and it ranked #1 in seven of them. It ranked #5 in the U.S.

The series debuted worldwide on December 14.

yuyuhakusho_teaser.jpg

-

had no idea it premiered already, in that case i probably should go watch it

more info here

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,822,075
I had no idea at all about this omg
I'm always skeptical about anime live actions and I LOVE yu yu hakusho
Good for them anyway :judgingyou:
haven't watched the live action yet so no idea about the quality but i did heard they were rushing entire arcs into a couple of episodes just so they could go straight to the action, speaking of the manga / anime the beginning of the series is unexpectedly dark and sad since we get to see all the characters dealing with Yusuke passing away and the later having a change of heart while trying to get another chance at life, if Netflix rushed all that just so they could skip to them blasting baddies... i'm going to be mad

well at least there still seems to be interest in the YYH series so maybe if things to well we can hope for a remake, the original anime is pretty good but iirc doesn't cover the entire manga or the later part was changed something like that

Last edited:

Gyujin

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭239,750
Pronouns
He/Him
Yu Yu Hakusho is one of my favorite anime so I definitely want to watch this...

But Netflix is just so absurdly expensive these days.

Top Bottom