Parents Name Their Baby 'Google' After...Google

Happy

Sleepy Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭146,400
Illustration for article titled Parents Name Their Baby 'Google' After...Google

Screenshot: lambe turah

Baby names are important. If you need suggestions, you can always try Google. Or, as one Indonesian family did, you can skip the looking on Google and just name your kid after it.

The Jakarta Post (via AsiaOne) reports that parents Ella Karina and Andi Cahya Saputra decided to name their son “Google.” Ella was originally against her husband’s idea, only referring to her son as “baby boy” during the first few months after birth, but eventually warmed up to the name.

“I hope my son will be a leader who leads many people, who is useful to many others,” Ella told news site Kompas (via Coconuts).

“When I read comments on social media, oh my God, was I that low? Some even said [I named my son Google] to get financial compensation, or that my son would be recruited by Google in the future, or gets his schooling paid for by Google,” said father Andi. “I said ‘Amen’ to positive messages, because I try to think positively.”

People name their kids after cities and famous characters, so why not multi-national corporations?

As Coconuts points out, babies named after companies or products like Go-Pay or Pajero Sport have received gifts from the companies. The same is true for Google. According to The Jakarta Post, Google Indonesia apparently sent along some baby presents, such as a jumper emblazoned with “Google.”

“Google Indonesia called us,” Ella said. “They expressed congratulations and wished that baby Google could grow up to be a helpful and useful person to many others.”

I do have one piece of advice to the young boy: Don’t be evil.

Source

Last edited:

rektinq

regrettable...but there was no other way. VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭600
that's.. ok then LMAO imagine they work for google

so whats ur name "google"

oh..

Lilac

fearless of adventure Third Place HoE Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭59,654
I dont think naming a child after a company is a good idea....

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,490
I hope they don't also have Google Home Assistant.

Dad: OK Google, remind me to record the game at 7pm
Google Home: (whatever the fuck these automated things say in response, IDK because I don't own one)
Human Google: ???????????

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
kid is gonna get so bullied in class if he flunks

Bom

夢を諦めないで Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭97,680
I don't really agree with giving weird names like this. They have to go through their whole life with that name, I can see him getting bullied for being called Google. 😭

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
why... just... why???? they don't have laws to prevent cases like this one?

hess

SNSD ♡ S.H.E ♡ IOI Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭20,860
I don't know if this is at all like what happens in places like China. Where they choose English names more casually and most of them are just words that aren't ever actually used as names.

Some ex from the thread: Mosquito, Mermaid, Apple, Candy, Tequila, Foggy, Alien, Yummy, Chair, Larva, Milk, Kinetic

Last edited:
Top Bottom