So JYP had an old performance with dancers in blackface

PockyAddict89

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭814,430
I sorta discovered that when jyp released his MV still alive. that's sorta why there were people on the "still Alive" video with random fros, because the orignial proformances in the 90s did contain blackface.

LaJetée

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,245
Watching people on twitter just now discovering this has been hilarious
VFaqfiW.gif

PockyAddict89

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭814,430
Watching people on twitter just now discovering this has been hilarious
VFaqfiW.gif

IKR, anybody that's been a kpop fan already knew about this shit. stan twt basically act like they discovered shit like a treasure hunter that found the treasure chest.

Not surprised at all truth be told, 90s/early 2000s korean entertainment has problems (and sorta still does) with shit like this. from singers using the n-word in songs to a ballad group having blackface as a concept.

ETA: Sorry i sorta came off as Bitchy, my emotions are in a tizzy right now. :(

Last edited:

LaJetée

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,245
IKR, anybody that's been a kpop fan already knew about this shit. stan twt basically act like they discovered shit like a treasure hunter that found the treasure chest.

Not surprised at all truth be told, 90s/early 2000s korean entertainment has problems (and sorta still does) with shit like this. from singers using the n-word in songs to a ballad group having blackface as a concept.
There are plenty of kpop fans new and old who've never seen it actually
but anyway I'm just enjoying watching JYP being dragged tbh
jgbXbtE.gif

Belkiss

BTS raised themselves Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,065
And BTW this is a good reminder for people who scream all the time "kPoP used To be SO muCH better beFOre"

Calipso

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭37,855
Sad; it gives you a perspective of how you will be treated in SK as a foreingner, this wasn't in 1850...

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
tbf if you watch anything made in the 2000s, even films, you'll see a lot that if they were released today, will be very problematic, but were used as jokes back then. I think it's a display that we are evolving and developing. I'm pretty sure many of us are not the same as who we were 10 years ago, because we all change. we experience a lot of things and these changes us.

Top Bottom