Taemin Denies Clothing Brand Rumors

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,700,050
Pronouns
She/Her
This is an update from This Post from earlier.

During Taemin’s album exhibition yesterday many fans received a box including a t-shirt and a hat. The two pieces had the brand name TAEM on them, its own logo, and a QR code on them that brought them to a website called TAEM 107.

The website seemed to be a clothing brand website that was under construction, and upon searching the site fans found various clothing items for sale and had even begun purchasing them.

Taemin has recently spoken up on his Instagram stories and clarified that he is not opening a clothing brand. He simply wanted the items to be a free gift for the fans with no intention of selling them. Here’s a full translation:

Fans who started buying from the website have also begun receiving refunds on their orders.

Fans are now just really confused on what’s going on.

One theory is that someone was trying to impersonate Taemin, though this doesn’t explain a lot of things like the fact that the Instagram and website was made months ago, the fact that the website had full product shots, and the fact that the website’s link was included in all the boxes.

Another theory is that this was a cash grab being set up by Big Planet Made that Taemin didn’t agree too, hence everything being unfinished.

(This is what I think as well because if this was a scammer then I highly doubt they would have been issuing people refunds, they would take the money and run. I also highly doubt Taemin would ever agree to selling his fans $130 shirts but I can see BPM wanting to make cash and doing that.)

What are your thoughts on the situation?

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭533,200
Pronouns
He/Him
I think it was merch that was soft launched for those lucky fans but the company didn't forsee that the link would definitely get leaked.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,700,050
Pronouns
She/Her
I think it was merch that was soft launched for those lucky fans but the company didn't forsee that the link would definitely get leaked.
I partially disagree? Mostly because if they didn’t want the link to get leeked then why did they give out the QR code to the website to all of those fans?

If 1 or 2 people accidentally got the link I’d understand that, but with the amount of people who got the QR code link then that would be a very big oopsie.

I do think it was a poorly planned out soft launch though. Everyone thought the 107 was supposed to be July 10th, but others think the date was maybe supposed to be October 7th instead.

I’m low-key surprised how big of a hot mess this turned out to be, I expected better planning from BPM.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭533,200
Pronouns
He/Him
I partially disagree? Mostly because if they didn’t want the link to get leeked then why did they give out the QR code to the website to all of those fans?

If 1 or 2 people accidentally got the link I’d understand that, but with the amount of people who got the QR code link then that would be a very big oopsie.

I do think it was a poorly planned out soft launch though. Everyone thought the 107 was supposed to be July 10th, but others think the date was maybe supposed to be October 7th instead.

I’m low-key surprised how big of a hot mess this turned out to be, I expected better planning from BPM.
There's been a few instances of this from other online marketplace companies just not realizing that links aren't secure and websites getting leaked early through links being passed around for early access or internal use. Also there was a company who put a link to their wip website in their YouTube account or something and didn't realize that made it publicly visible. Some companies are dumber than you'd think lol

Top Bottom