⨭209,200
HVQPozd.jpeg

Last edited:

fromisJelly

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl Blog Lead VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,200
So basically Physical 100 but a chef edition.

I am midway watching through episode 1. I recognized some of the top chefs such as Chef Choi Hyunseok, Chef Jung Jisun, and Lu Chinglai. They were on Boss in the Mirror/The Boss have Donkey ears which is how I learn about them.

Chef Choi run a Korean-European fusion restaurant, while Chef Jisun and and Chef Chinglai specialize in Chinese foods.

While the top 20 white spoons are renowned name, there are still more that have not appeared which we might see in Season 2 if there is a season 2. Chefs such as Chef Hoyoung who specialized in Japanese cuisine and Chef Lee Yeon Beok...etc

fromisJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,200
More on Ep 1:

-Secret course, I expected him to be eliminated. I tried imagining the flavor combination myself and I don't think that it will be a good fit.

Korean Meal Mogul. Her dishes look really good. But I agree with Chef Ahn that her dishes need rice to go with it. I love Kimchi myself, but I need rice to go with kimchi for sure. I will love to try the Oyster pancake though.

-Goddess of Chinese Cuisine, I really want her to make it. She is one of the contestants that I got my eyes on

fromisJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,200
Thoughts on Ep 2:

-Yes! Goddess of Chinese cuisine cooking make it! I manage to found her real name too "Park Eunyoung"

-Underestimated. Ahh, he might have get eliminated, but his steak is something I want to try. I like his concept of what a steak should be like.

-King Bibim's Bibimbap does not look appetizing at all

-Meanwhile the white bibimbap, this is the first time I heard of it and will want to try it once.

-Happy for One Two Three. His duck dish look the best so far

-Triple Stars. The sauce for the lobster, I really wonder how does it taste like

fromisJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,200
EP 3 thoughts:

-That winter watermelon salad. I need to try it! How refreshing it must taste!

-Ooooh time for 1 vs 1 battle. I believe that at least some black spoons can win the white spoons, so surely the last 20 will not be all white spoons?

-Yes! Jung Jisun vs Park Eunyoung! Two chefs who are chinese cuisine chefs!

Aged kimchi. Yes, when we talk about aged kimchi, I will imagine pairing it with bossam (boiled pork).
I think both meat master and chef Edward's did really well using aged kimchi. And I can see why Chef Edward win in the end. Imagine the sweetness of Persimmon paired with kimchi. If you have eaten before radish kimchi, you can imagine the sweetness, and the tastiness of the dish.

Radish Green. It is a creative take by Chef Jisun for sure. Meanwhile, Chef Eunyoung's dish will be familiar to Singapore Chinese family at least. I mean my mum did cooked it that way a few time. This one is a hard one for me. Can come up to a 1-1 vote, with Chef Jisun edging out as the final winner. But we will only find out at Ep 4.

fromisJelly

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭209,200
Ep 4 thoughts:

-Omg as expected, 1-1 draw. Personally for me, I will go for Chef Eunyoung's dish as it is more to my style. While I will not really relish a radish ball, but that more to my personal taste. And as predicted above, Chef Jisun take the win. While I personally will pick Eunyoung's taste due to familiarity, as a chef you should be able to create something unique, so I have no complaints about Jisun taking the win. Chef Eunyoung should be proud for such a close fight though since as someone who is really familiar with Chef Jisun, I can vouch that she is really top.

-Beef rumps. Yes, I thought of meat ball too, but the way the black spoon paired up all those items together into a hotpot style, it just do not match with me. Meanwhile, the white spoon gomtang idea is wonderful. I will love to try that. White spoon deserved winner.

So as this moment, white spoon 3 black spoon 0.

And then 4-0, 5-0

Will love to try the Katsu Octopus sandwich. Meanwhile, deep fried octopus on rice isn't anything new.

Moving on, 6-0. White Spoon is surely crushing it.

And then, Black Spoon finally with a win as triple Star manage to eke out a tough fight.

Perilla oil as main item uh. Now, this is something I am really anticipating. I really like Seungwoo's dad idea but sadly he lose due to his ice cream not being made properly. So Black Spoon leading 7-1

And ahhhh, the cliff-hanger. I personally really like Chef Choi, so I hope that he didn't get giant killed by 1-2-3. But we have to wait to find out.

Top Bottom