The Official SMNGG Thread

Chiharu

The Worst Girl in the World Events VIP+ Tenth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
AVvXsEjNc50vx_HpzVp5jC_TYnFkCPrBQdmm_hJlr2smRpX5LiLXc1iZ0zRYf6WNHlM0iRQkjmba7J_SNW8DIZGyUDwPyQZa9nza3dlbFgiIvi2XiFtJRabu8Fb2yhKTsqwZfRLtyn-Xx3Kux3WCCjEy0TwP4HUiLPFf6qFmYVYWobYfolXFoRcxE1Kvdosv=w640-h453

sm's new girlgroup is set to debut in Q4 of this year and will reportedly consist of 8 members.

Potential Members P1
D8bGpjC.jpeg

Name: Sherlisa
Birthday: 2005
Info: She is a Chinese-Thai trainee who joined in 2022. People thought she left, but recently she was spotted at Aespa's concert. There are rumors that her and Carmen will debut together, which could either be in this gg, or sm's planned future SEA gg

k4AZRKV.png

Name: Park Soyoon
Birthday: August 7 2005
Info: She is the daughter of singer Park Sangmin. Apparently she can speak English and some Chinese. She got a lot of praise for her vocals at sm's 2023 showcase, so she'd probably be the main or lead vocal if she debuts.

wHkNxod.jpeg

Name: Nyoman Ayu Carmenita (Carmen)
Birthday: March 28 2006
Info: She is Indonesian and joined sm in late 2022. Apparently, her parents are famous musicians in Bali. Her mom has hinted at her debuting, and she was name dropped in an article about smngg.

7ado63d.jpeg

Name: Choi Jiwwo
Birthday: September 7th 2006
Info: She trained in ballet and went to a ballet academy, but quit in 2018 to become a trainee at sm. Many people think she's a lock for the group and might even be the center.

Last edited:

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
POTENTIAL MEMBERS P2
LZfCbas.jpeg

Name: Yoon Hyerim
Birthday: September 27th 2007
Info: She was in a Tooniverse webdrama (Classy's Riwon was also in the same webdrama). She also used to be in a kids group called U.S.S.O. Apparently, her mom and dad follow the smuniverse and smtown accounts.

emZPXmF.jpeg

Name: Kim Nahyun
Birthday: September 3rd 2009
Info: She became a trainee in 2022 and used to attend the Doublr x Dance academy. There are rumors that she left, but there doesn't seem to be any real proof of this.

x6bintx.jpeg

Name: Lee Nayeon
Birthday: 2010
Info: She's the youngest known trainee. Nothing is really known about her, but she was recently spotted at Aespa's concert. If she debuts, she will definitely be the maknae

Other Trainees
Ouju (2004) - Those who followed Aespa predebut will be familiar with her name. She trained with Aespa and was rumored to be a part of their lineup as the visual. People think she will be a member of smngg, but honestly, I don't think she will...

Yerin (2006) - Some believe that she is a part of the lineup. She did a rap stage at sm's 2023 showcase, so if she were to debut, she'd likely be a rapper

Haram (2006) - Also believed to be part of the lineup. Said to be a good dancer and singer. Apparently, Haram isn't her real name.

Yunseo (2005-2008) - There is some speculation that she is Lee Yunseo from Wekid. I don't know if there's any truth to this, but Yunseo on the show was either a 06er or 07er, and she was an incredibly talented singer for her age

Other trainees who have basically no known info are Jueun/Jooeun (2006) Fuyu (2006-2008), Yi An/Ian (2007), Jimin (2007-2008), Yuna (2008), and Nayeon (2010). Fuyu is Japanese and Yi An is Chinese.​

Last edited:

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
UPDATES

On November 23rd, sm's trainee account posted this photo shoot featuring 4(?) trainees
Alo0kXU.jpeg

In December, they posted 4 trainees doing the First Snow challenge. These girls are believed to be Jiwoo, Haram, Yuna, and Yi An, but of course, there's no way of knowing.

On February 29th, they posted another photo shoot featuring 8(?) girls.
TXDUYlE.jpeg
q4rCmOY.jpeg

This article names Carmen and Haeun, wondering if they'll debut. It's no confirmation, but it is interesting that those two were the ones named

On this show, it was said that smngg will consist of 5-9 members and that their debut announcement will be in 3Q, will their debut will be in 4Q. So we should get the announcement somewhere between now and September.

Sm recently announced auditions for a new gg. The audition is from June 1st till the 22nd, and the age range is from 2005-2011. It's not known whether this is for the upcoming gg, or for the one who will be coming after this one. Btw, the girls in this video might be members of the upcoming group.

Na Haeun and Kim Wook (the guy who will be in charge of smngg) recently started following Renan, a choreographer who did aespa's armageddon and red velvet's chill kill

As of today, Haeun no longer has sm entertainment in her bio, which could either mean she left, or she's in the lineup and will replace it with the ngg's name. Either way, we'll probably be getting news soon​

Last edited:

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,768,064
Pronouns
She/Her
Chiharu, I didn't know you were anticipating this group:whaaat:

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
Chiharu, I didn't know you were anticipating this group:whaaat:
I'm anticipating Haeun's debut :poggers: been following her since she was tiny little 8-year-old
if she's not in the group, I'm ditching this thread :pepesanta:

Last edited:

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,768,064
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm anticipating Haeun's debut :poggers: been following her since she was tiny little 8-year-old
if she's not in the group, I'm ditching this thread :pepesanta:
Oh, then what do you think about this:

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
Oh, then what do you think about this:

She's still following the sm accounts, so idk what it means...I've seen some ppl say that if she left, then sm has to announce it the same way they announced her joining. But I think sm will drop some news soon and she might be introduced as an smrookie or member of the new gg, which she'll put in her bio where sm entertainment used to be

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
sm's trainee account posted pics of some of the female trainees :poggers: Haeun liked the post, so it's probably safe to say she hasn't left

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
So, it seems to be that Haeun + the other 4 on the fourth slide are the ones who will absolutely debut (most likely the girls from the First Snow video), and then the rest are maybe still being decided...it was said that the group would be between 5-9 members, so it would make sense. I could honestly see a situation where sm introduces all the trainees as sm rookies and then does a survival show to determine the rest of the lineup ☠️

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
hmm, so, thinking about, while the audition sm posted is likely for their next gg after this one, it's also possible that if there's a really talented girl who auditions, sm will add them to this group's lineup 🤔

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
pics of two trainees posted for sm's auditions. These are two of the same girls who were in the audition video. People think the first is Jiwoo and the second Jooeun (if the first is Jiwoo, kind of sad that you can see she clearly got surgery done on her eyes at only 17...)
uLkaDrf.jpeg
kHUEoPE.jpeg

If these girls are Jiwoo, Jooeun, then I think this basically confirms they're two of the ones from the first snow video and locks for the group...I feel like we will get smrookies soon after the auditions conclude, so hopefully sometime early July!

Last edited:

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
Recently, 10 trainees were seen at Aespa's concert! The one int he 2nd image is thought to be Lee Nayeon, a 10er, while the one in the 4th image is thought to be Carmen
O1LShuU.jpeg

This one is confirmed to be Sherlisa, a 05er Chinese-thai trainee
ybI6OUB.png

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082

This is Haeun's first solo activity since she joined sm :pandasantathink: wonder what it means...ppl have been speculating that we'll get news about the debut on the 7th, so maybe this is sm prepping for that...or maybe this is a sign that she actually left sm 🙃 I don't think so, tho, cause she just liked a comment about smngg, plus she's still following the smtown and trainee accounts

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082

well, there are rumors that Haeun left... 🙃 idk, tho...if people are only saying that bc she's suddenly doing a solo schedule, then I will wait for it to actually be confirmed

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,911,700
Pronouns
She/Her

well, there are rumors that Haeun left... 🙃 idk, tho...if people are only saying that bc she's suddenly doing a solo schedule, then I will wait for it to actually be confirmed

If a news outlet is reporting it I think it should be kind of official? She also removed all the SM affiliations from her Instagram account awhile ago which made people think she left.

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
If a news outlet is reporting it I think it should be kind of official? She also removed all the SM affiliations from her Instagram account awhile ago which made people think she left.
Maybe, but that article doesn't cite any kind of source, so idk how trustworthy I'd consider it. Plus, she liked a comment on instagram that was wondering when she was gonna debut...so it's weird for her mom to do that if she left :squirtlechristmas: like, don't toy with my heart...she's still following the sm accounts, but maybe she'll unfollow them soon. Guess we'll have to wait and see

Bellamy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,768,064
Pronouns
She/Her

Maybe she was too young and she didn't want to stay waiting in uncertainty.

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
Haeun unfollowed a lot of ppl, but she's still following the sm accounts :squirtlechristmas: I won't believe she's gone until the lineup is actually announced

and speaking of the lineup, it's been confirmed that the group is debuting in Q4. People are thinking November so they'll be nominated for next year's awards

Chiharu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭9,345,082
well, Haeun unfollowed the sm accounts...it's so over :tears: well, anyone who wants to take over this thread is free to do so :squirtlechristmas:

Top Bottom