The official TRiDENT thread🔱Girl's Band Revolution🔱| TRiDENT's 3rd Mini Album「spice "X"」on sale!

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
6Qnhnky.jpeg

TRiDENT is a 3 member girl band formed in 2020, the band is composed of ASAKA (guitar, vocals), SERINA (bass, chorus) and NAGISA (drums)

"ASAKA" and "SERINA" attended the same high school and were both part of the light music club, in 2013 they along members of the club "Lora" and "JUNNA" founded the band "Girls Rock Band Kakumei" in 2015 Lora left the group and in March of 2020 JUNNA announced her graduation, Girls Rock Band Kakumei stopped activities in early 2020 and in May of the same year a successor group "TRiDENT" was announced along the addition of new member and drummer "NAGISA"

Members
ASAKA
Guitar / Vocals
Born: September 10
Height: 157 cm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/askppp69
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/askpchan69/
UznhOpE.jpeg

SERINA
Bass / Chorus
Born: January 17
Height: 156 cm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SERINA_bassist
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/serina_bassist/
PjslS3a.jpeg

NAGISA
Drums
Born: August 18
Height: 153 cm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ngk725
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngk725/
A1JUMBM.jpeg

SNS
Official Site: https://trident-japan.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TRiDENT_japan
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trident_jp/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@TRiDENTjapan
Spotify:

recent releases

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
here the tweet of the group's announcement back in 2020

and here their debut song

in the title "girl's band revolution" is a reference to their predecessor group "girl's rock band kakumei" Kakumei means revolution, off topic but one of my favorite songs from the girl band SILENT SIREN is their song "Kakumei"

i know about TRiDENT for a while already but not since the very start, probably around 2021 or so was the first time i heard about them? i plan to expand with their discography, music videos, interesting facts and more stuff about the band, the members also have other side projects aside from the band particularly ASAKA so i plan to post about them too

i've been wanting to make a thread about them but never got around to doing so, i plan to make other threads about bands too (Hitsujibungaku and a few more)

they just announced a new mini album「spice "X"」goes on sale on May 22

GGH23NhaoAAdpen

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
honestly i don't know much (if anything) about their time as Girls Rock Band Kakumei, after adding the info on TRiDENT i'm going to look into the other stuff

i searched around and for whatever reason while there are a lot of post or threads about their MVs there is not much about their discography itself, like B-sides and other things so i plan to add the relevant stuff about it

btw they have a mascot called Toraberus (he is called like that in merch) i wonder, isn't "tri" in Japanese read as tora (for example trident i think is read as "toraidento") so the name could actually be "Triberus" as in TRiDENT + cerberus but also could be Tora(tiger)berus", anyway that probably doesn't matter much

eTwu0if.jpeg

seems they used to had a mascot when they were Girls Rock Band Kakumei he was an anthropomorphic hedgehog with bad temper (ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL!!) called Rebo kun, here a depiction of him handing the baton (that is what the text in the tweet above says) to Toraberus

also i forgot but this is their logo, is already in the post above as placeholder while i find something to put there

Jd6wt0d.jpeg

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
TRiDENT "0th" Digital Single
Continue
6QPJSv8.jpeg

digital single
release date May 6, 2020

Track List
1) Continue
2) Last Hope
3) CHANGE
4) Continue~Instrumental~

the single was exclusively distributed through oricon's digital music store, the single ranked at #1 in the general download ranking for two months in a row

uniforms for this era

jpWRzEY.jpeg

HFu1sCx.jpeg

0YJmItu.jpeg

4lNMQqi.jpeg
760AFVv.jpeg

First music video​

TRiDENT『Continue』​

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
i post the ones for their other releases later

i don't know if this was good or bad timing because i was researching more stuff about their logo and name, why? because they just unveiled their new logo

GGnbH0zbwAAEjZ3

they also just held the final for their tour "Dream Up TOUR"

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
seems that the month prior to becoming TRiDENT they published a series of 4 koma strips about what happened between the disbandment of Girls Rock Band Kakumei and before TRiDENT's debut there are 30 and they don't really have much words, dunno if there are translations around but if not i wonder if they would be easy to translate

wonder who did the drawings?

EUq7rz4VAAAdcod

btw i still don't know when was the first time i heard about them but my oldest TRiDENT related bookmark is from 2020 so a few months after their debut, i thought it wasn't until 2021 but i was wrong

dhBmWMk.png

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
TRiDENT's 1st Digital Single
To be Continued...
CKr2j5f.jpeg

digital single
release date October 7 2020

Track list

1) Continue
2) Last Hope
3) シリアスゲーム

TRiDENT's 2nd Digital Single
JUST DO IT !!!
B8THaD5.jpeg

digital single
release date November 16

Track list

1) JUST FIGHT
2) Ambivalent
3) Re:ply

TRiDENT's 3rd Digital Single
WE ARE THE WORLD
WKVhGyA.jpeg

digital single
release date December 12 2020

Track list

1) RIDE ON
2) SURVIVOR
3) Brand New World

-

Music Videos

2nd Music Video "JUST FIGHT"​

TRiDENT『JUST FIGHT』MV【exガールズロックバンド革命】​

3rd Music Video "Brand New World"​

TRiDENT『Brand New World』MV【exガールズロックバンド革命】​

uniforms for this era

d1WZkzL.jpeg

0A7UOsn.jpeg

S93xUuD.jpeg

SSfRKE6.jpeg
w58oFMc.jpeg

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
from their first releases my favorite is "WE ARE THE WORLD" i think and my favorite title track is "Brand New World"

these 3 go together because they were part of a digital release project that happened between October and December of 2020, unlike "Continue" that was exclusive to Oricon's music store these were released in multiple digital stores and streaming sites

EjPDj-hUcAAg8-z

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
i was about to post the others of their discography but now i'm not sure what to believe, why? because i don't know if "WE ARE THE WORLD" is a single or a mini album, it should be a single since it only contains 3 songs like their two previous releases, i can't imagine why would it be considered a mini album but in some places appears listed as one so i don't know what to believe

for example in TRiDENT's official page is listed as a mini album

sfM0m8D.png

but in the release tweet appears listed as their 3rd single

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
1st live MV

TRiDENT『RIDE ON』LIVE MUSIC VIDEO at Zepp Haneda​

2nd live MV

TRiDENT『Ambivalent』LIVE MUSIC VIDEO at Zepp Haneda​

3rd live MV

TRiDENT『Last Hope』LIVE MUSIC VIDEO at Zepp Haneda​

there are more live MVs but these in specific are from their first concert " TRiDENT 1st ONEMAN LIVE「EPISODE Ø-The return of us-」"

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
some "early" youtube videos about the members of TRiDENT, this persona Risa Asanuma has a Youtube channel were she invites musicians for a talk she did two episodes for each of the TRiDENT members

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
TRiDENT teased two big news in commemoration of their 4th anniversary the first today and the second on the 2nd of March

so the first news is that the members started a sub channel "more TRiDENT channel / もっとTRiDENTちゃんねる" you can expect stuff like bloopers, behind the scenes, non musical related stuff about members and other things

i was wondering why it has more than 20k subscribers right after the announcement and turns of that the new channel is actually the channel of "Girls Rock Band Kakumei" that wasn't active since they became TRiDENT, they deleted everything in it a while ago and the channel was just there without being used so that makes sense, i think is a nice idea

cool hope they post regularly, also i wonder what is going to be the next announcement?

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
the other announcement was a concert on their anniversary

also they posted their first upload to the new channel, is a behind the scenes of KICK ASS

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
TRiDENT's 1st Album Single
ADVANCE GENERATION

8LrJOka.jpeg

album
release date March 17, 2021

track list

1) Opening -the return of us-
2) JUST FIGHT
3) IMAGINATION
4) RIDE ON
5) SURVIVOR
6) Dystopia
7) Ambivalent
8) Brand New World
9) Continue
10) Supernova
11) Re:ply
12) Last Hope

uniforms for this era

tfldCyE.jpeg

WChLaht.jpeg

sPP0QRg.jpeg

9Wrv8Kx.jpeg

4th Music Video​

TRiDENT『IMAGINATION』MV​

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
anyway to add to the confusion here is where the band started branding their releases with "TRIDENT-01", "TRIDENT-02", etc for example their mini album「spice-x-」should be "TRIDENT-14"

the thing is that ADVANCE GENERATION is both the 01 and 02, it was released in a normal (02) and limited edition (01) and seems they count them as different?

the limited edition came in a box with lots of goodies, i wonder what else what in it? i think a DVD and photobook or something like that

(not my pictures)

MTgtMzM5MC5qcGVn.jpeg

here the members visiting music stores to commemorate the release of ADVANCE GENERATION

they also held fan sign events

also another concept photo of the album, i forgot where it was posted

MotyVag.jpeg

and a group photo from the MV of IMAGINATION

4MsSeRE.jpeg

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
something interesting about them ASAKA and SERINA are their real names not only that both of them have the surname Matsuyama, is even more strange because before when they were Girls Rock Band Kakumei the other member JUNNA also have the name Matsuyama

the first mention about it is from 2013 seems

how i found about it? because i was researching their label, still interesting how the have the same name they even joke about being twins i wonder if that's just a joke

so i've been wondering about their label turns out they are the owners of their own agency "松山制作委員会" something along the lines of "Matsuyama production committee" it represented both GRBK and TRiDENT

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
再構創 / Saikousou
atwO9ga.jpeg

mini album
release date June 28, 2021

track list

1) VOLTAGE
2) No Regret
3) STEP BY STEP
4) CHANGE
5) START

the mini album was exclusive to the venue of their 1st anniversary concert, the special thing about it is that is a compilation of new versions of songs of their predecessor group Girls Rock Band Kakumei

for example

VOLTAGE, STEP BY STEP are from GRBK's mini album"UPDRAFT"
No Regret, Start are from GRBK's album "DON'T STOP"
CHANGE is from GRBK's mini album "HIGH SPEED MAGNUM"

i plan to cover their stuff at some point after i'm done with TRiDENT's

they released a live video of No Regret

Stan BiSH

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,832,125
UNDER GROUND
Oxr6Djd.jpeg

EP
Release date August 18, 2021

track list

1) Alive
2) Wake up !!!
3) VS

here they started their first partnership with the E-sports world, VS was use as theme song for the "AFTER 6 LEAGUE"

they released a music video for the song VS featuring two E-sports players​

TRiDENT × AFTER 6 LEAGUE『VS』​

they also released a music video for Alive​

TRiDENT『Alive』​

uniforms for this era

9qcdfie.jpeg

ONuuvdE.jpeg

wMYUelc.jpeg

LvZ87i2.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom