Two Produce X 101 trainees who just opened their Instagram accounts and the crazy number of followers!

SLY

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,165
Lee Jinhyuk
-Opened IG 6 days ago, now at 579k followers

Kim Minkyu
-Opened IG 5 days ago, now at 521k followers

This season's trainees aren't popular, they say..

Krin28

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭150
Arguably the most powerful trainees to be left out the debut lineup

Echo

𝕎𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 Early Supporters
Reaction score
⨭23,441
Sometimes I wonder "how did trainees this popular get left out of the group" then I refresh any news page about kpop and remember

GNexus999

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,100
Sometimes I wonder "how did trainees this popular get left out of the group" then I refresh any news page about kpop and remember

yeah, its not as if anyone anywhere can follow an instagram account but only a specific demographic of people were allowed to vote, and only a small specific subset of that demographic would care enough to actually do it and pay for it on top of that. oh wait...

Echo

Reaction score
⨭23,441
yeah, its not as if anyone anywhere can follow an instagram account but only a specific demographic of people were allowed to vote, and only a small specific subset of that demographic would care enough to actually do it and pay for it on top of that. oh wait...
Kim Yohan's ig follower count: 723K
why did a large part of 723K care if a large part of 579K/521K didn't

GNexus999

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,100
Kim Yohan's ig follower count: 723K
why did a large part of 723K care if a large part of 579K/521K didn't

Because its extremely likely that a bigger percentage of that 723K is Korean/people who were eligible to vote for produce than those other two, that was literally my entire point, people who didnt make the group could end up with several times more followers than people that did but its meaningless to equate that to their rank as international fans can follow on instagram but couldnt vote and at this point i would bet the number of hardcore international kpop fans is at least on the same magnitude as hardcore korean kpop fans if not higher

Last edited:

Echo

Reaction score
⨭23,441
Because its extremely likely that a bigger percentage of that 723K is Korean/people who were eligible to vote for produce than those other two, that was literally my entire point, people who didnt make the group could end up with several times more followers than people that did but its meaningless to equate that to their rank as international fans can follow on instagram but couldnt vote and at this point i would bet the number of hardcore international kpop fans is at least on the same magnitude as hardcore korean kpop fans if not higher

That's possible but why would it be that way?

GNexus999

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭21,100
That's possible but why would it be that way?

Because different trainees/idols will have different popularities among different demographics, just like anything. Some appeal more to Koreans, some appeal more to Japanese or Chinese or Westerners, etc... Same way every debuted group has different member popularity distributions in different countries. Just like how Minju and Chaewon ranked low among Korean voters but were immediately the 2nd and 3rd most popular members in Japan or how Chaeyeon's popularity is near the bottom of the group in Korea and Japan but Western fans are absolutely crazy for her

Echo

Reaction score
⨭23,441
Because different trainees/idols will have different popularities among different demographics, just like anything. Some appeal more to Koreans, some appeal more to Japanese or Chinese or Westerners, etc... Same way every debuted group has different member popularity distributions in different countries. Just like how Minju and Chaewon ranked low among Korean voters but were immediately the 2nd and 3rd most popular members in Japan or how Chaeyeon's popularity is near the bottom of the group in Korea and Japan but Western fans are absolutely crazy for her

Yeah but what proves that it's that way?

Top Bottom