OTHER Types of EDM genres and Kpop

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
Tbh I made this video cause I got tired of seeing comments under kpop videos saying "oh this song is a copy of xxxx" just because they share some beats or instruments, so I made this video in an attempt to educate kpop fans about the different types of EDM subgenres, hence why they might sound similar.

I didn't explain anything though, it's just the song playing and the genre showing.

What do you think about this topic? Should kpop fans learn a little more about this? If you watched my video, is there something you don't quite agree with? Although I stated that I'm not an expert, but tried my best to do my research lol.

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭494,050
It's always helpful ! Like Rock or Metal, it's very large and each of them had many subgenres !

probee

△NIM△L ○ GGTR🗑SH Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭120,800
Yasss, My all time? fave genre. I know there are subgenres but unfamiliar with the terms. Some I can distinguish what is what. Lovette like a love song.

So, this is among my faves.

Moombathon? Or maybe tropical?

Last edited:

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
Yasss, My all time? fave genre. I know there are subgenres but unfamiliar with the terms. Some I can distinguish what is what. Lovette like a love song.

So, this is among my faves.

Moombathon? Or maybe tropical?

I miss Brave Girls :sejeongcry: and yeah, that would be a good example of a tropical house song

MicrowavedTea

10vely Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭236,462
Surprisingly, i am warming up to Tropical House over time. I also enjoy Big Room
I think i need to research more on Future House since 4Walls and Now or Never are TWO SERVES

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
Surprisingly, i am warming up to Tropical House over time. I also enjoy Big Room
I think i need to research more on Future House since 4Walls and Now or Never are TWO SERVES
welp, I just realized I typed Now or "Ever" :teehee: but yeah, it's a good genre

SJK

Stan Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭11,410
Trance and house have owned me since the 90s, I never get tired of either.

Next video you can include Stray Kids and Hyoyeon for Psytrance. :peepopbirthday:

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
Trance and house have owned me since the 90s, I never get tired of either.

Next video you can include Stray Kids and Hyoyeon for Psytrance. :peepopbirthday:
omg which songs? I tried to look up some psytrance songs but couldn't find any

Last edited:

itsyaboiidon

.... .. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,022,015
Uhh I'm not entirely sure about Bass House and Electro House's examples.

X1's Flash especially does not seem to fully embrace Electro House at all.

Electro House had a sound more akin to early ZEDD (2012)

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
Uhh I'm not entirely sure about Bass House and Electro House's examples.

X1's Flash especially does not seem to fully embrace Electro House at all.

Electro House had a sound more akin to early ZEDD (2012)

X1's could be more like a fusion of future bass with future house. I do think that SF9 is more future house than anything, but that part especially does sound like bass house to me because of the low frequency distortion, even though is not present through all the song.

itsyaboiidon

.... .. Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,022,015
X1's could be more like a fusion of future bass with future house. I do think that SF9 is more future house than anything, but that part especially does sound like bass house to me because of the low frequency distortion, even though is not present through all the song.

X1 is an amalgamation, I guess in this case it actually would be appropriate to call it EDM.
You hear traces of very prevalent synths used for future bass, progressive elements, half-time in the chorus were you could easily fit in a phat dubstep snare hit, this time you hear that trap snare instead and gritty synths mostly used in Electro.

Nowadays tbh I feel it's quite useless to categorize electronic music because it does not sound anything like it used to.
Everything's a fusion of something today.

_universo

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭71,915
X1 is an amalgamation, I guess in this case it actually would be appropriate to call it EDM.
You hear traces of very prevalent synths used for future bass, progressive elements, half-time in the chorus were you could easily fit in a phat dubstep snare hit, this time you hear that trap snare instead and gritty synths mostly used in Electro.

Nowadays tbh I feel it's quite useless to categorize electronic music because it does not sound anything like it used to.
Everything's a fusion of something today.

Yeah I also tried to made that clear in my disclaimer, that most songs have more than one genre/subgenre influence, as I said, my main purpose was to make kpop fans aware at least of the different types of electronic music genres and their similarities through this video, since it's kinda silly when someone claims that a song has been plagiarized when they're vastly different, but just happen to have the same musical influences. Like, no kpop group owns certain sound or are pioneers of certain genres, everything has existed since long time ago.

Top Bottom