[UPDATED]Kep1er will be extending their contracts with 7 members. Currently undecided if Yeseo & Mashiro will continue their activities with Kep1er

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,000,600
Pronouns
She/Her
i think this is the first time I’ve seen a project group extend?

I’m happy to see more Yujin, and I’m surprised Baihiyyih extended? She’s popular so I can see her leaving to join a permanent group. (Poor girl’s in ist though…)

Last edited:

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭781,600
With hindsight if a project group was likely to extend it's Kep1er. For most of the members, their company don't seems to have any plan for them so far.

Mashiro and Yeseo could return to 143 Ent et be added to Limelight. And don't see them being a soloist but anything can happen

Xiaoting can return in China and promote there but the country is huge and the competition is even bigger so I don't know if she'll be able to succeed. Moreover that means it will be harder for her fans to follow her and she'll lose global/KR/JP attention even if she's doing well in her homecountry. But if her company is okay

Yujin left Cube and is without company so she can pursuit her career

Chaehyun doesn't have any company so same story, she can go solo but why not continue with Kep1er

Dayeon is under Jellyfish, Bahiyyih under IST, and I don't think they'll launch a GG soon. Moreover fans don't trust them much

Hikaru, some say she'll get added into XG, some say she won't. Her future is incertain so there's nothing to lose to extend

Youngeun is from Biscuit Ent, a very small company where all the trainees left from what I heard. So for her and for the company it's better to extend

For IZONE it was impossible to extend as Starship wanted Yujin and Wonyoung back. They were two of the most popular members. IVE debuted some months later.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭626,800
Pronouns
He/Him
Its true these girls don't have much waiting for them in their companies aside from Limelight, but if they're still going to be managed and promoted by WakeOne I fear this decision may ultimately come back to bite them. I don't have confidence CJ will not sideline or dungeon them for potentially the entirety of this extension, and with the total lack of creative direction at that company, these girls may come out the other end of this extension with even fewer fans than before.

BianTwo

Girl Groups Supporter Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭781,600
To add more : for me it's all or nothing. Kep1er as 7 members will look odd. They'll lose one of their leader and their maknae.

Maybe WakeOne is trying to put the pressure on 143 Ent with those articles, trying to say "see, everyone else agreed but you".

But as mimenet said, they'll still be under WakeOne and fans aren't very happy.

We'll have to wait

Mina

ᴊᴜɴɢᴡᴏᴏ ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴋᴏʀᴇᴀ Shop Lead Awards
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭44,800
Pronouns
she/her
“It should’ve been Izone” Yawn…:JudgyDubu:

Anyway uhh… tbh I don’t think any of the companies besides 143 had any plans for the girls, Youngeun’s company literally have no money and there are rumors that Dayeon’s company don’t have many female trainees. Yujin and Chaehyun don’t even have a company. Out of all the Produce groups, Kep1er always had the best chance at renewal. As a fan I’m happy but Yeseo and Mashiro are two of my favorite members so I can’t say I’m super duper excited if their future don’t include them. I would instead follow them to Limelight.

Also yikes at the girls renewing with Wakeone. A company that treated them like garbage and will most likely continue to do so, maybe even more when their new girl group comes out as soon as Iland2 is finished. Especially if Kep1er continues to sell around 120-140k like they did with Magic Hour and Iland2 gg will sell more. A renewal should’ve happened but not under Wakeone… :somicry:

Top Bottom