WayV Announces Japan Debut

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,918,550
Pronouns
She/Her
WayV has announced they will be making their Japanese debut at the end of September!

Right off the bat I would like to also announce that WinWin will not be participating in this album.

There will be 9 versions of the album, the normal version, the random version, a party version, a duel version, + 5 member versions.

(I feel like making member versions is a TERRIBLE idea, getting Ten’s version will be a bloodbath :sweat: )

The title song will be called “Go Higher” and the album will include 6 new songs in Japanese.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭620,100
Pronouns
He/Him
I mostly only follow a couple members these days so I'm not really in the loop. When was the last time Winwin participated in nct activities?Feels like I haven't seen him in ages. Did he go on hiatus and I missed it or something?

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,918,550
Pronouns
She/Her
I mostly only follow a couple members these days so I'm not really in the loop. When was the last time Winwin participated in nct activities?Feels like I haven't seen him in ages. Did he go on hiatus and I missed it or something?
No, SM is literally just being a sh!t

WinWin has been filming nonstop CDramas and I believe is also on 1 or 2 Chinese variety shows (I believe the Chinese version of running man and a nature one? I’m not up to date on how active he is on either show though).

WinWin is currently filming a medical drama. This current WayV comeback wasn’t supposed to happen until I think the fall? (Probably around the time of this comeback?) and WinWin purposely went out of his way to arrange his schedule so he wouldn’t be filming when this comeback happened but SM pulled the rug out from under him and decided to have the comeback 2-3 months early, not allowing him to participate. WinWin went on bubble to talk about it and was extremely upset that SM did this to him.

WinWin’s been vocal about how he misses everyone and how he wants to participate in WayV stuff but SM literally won’t let him.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭620,100
Pronouns
He/Him
No, SM is literally just being a sh!t

WinWin has been filming nonstop CDramas and I believe is also on 1 or 2 Chinese variety shows (I believe the Chinese version of running man and a nature one? I’m not up to date on how active he is on either show though).

WinWin is currently filming a medical drama. This current WayV comeback wasn’t supposed to happen until I think the fall? (Probably around the time of this comeback?) and WinWin purposely went out of his way to arrange his schedule so he wouldn’t be filming when this comeback happened but SM pulled the rug out from under him and decided to have the comeback 2-3 months early, not allowing him to participate. WinWin went on bubble to talk about it and was extremely upset that SM did this to him.

WinWin’s been vocal about how he misses everyone and how he wants to participate in WayV stuff but SM literally won’t let him.
Sounds like he's on bad terms with the management for whatever reason (maybe only the Korean management staff since clearly somebody is still booking him jobs and I'd assume that'd be whoever manages WayV's chinese activities?) but his absence has gotten pretty noticeable and what you described sounds like pretty obviously bad pr for SM. I wonder what their angle is? Management has been bizarre over there for a while now though.

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,918,550
Pronouns
She/Her
Sounds like he's on bad terms with the management for whatever reason (maybe only the Korean management staff since clearly somebody is still booking him jobs and I'd assume that'd be whoever manages WayV's chinese activities?) but his absence has gotten pretty noticeable and what you described sounds like pretty obviously bad pr for SM. I wonder what their angle is? Management has been bizarre over there for a while now though.
As of around 3 years ago WinWin got his own private studio (aka his own private team/company) to handle his Chinese acting gigs and activities, so neither SM nor Label V (WayV’s Chinese company) handle his solo jobs.

His studio is still legally a sub division of SM/Label V, but the team who’s booking him all of these acting and variety show gigs is not the same team who puts together WayV’s activities.

Pretty much, you know how Onew and Taemin have companies for their solo activities but are still with SM for Shinee activities? Winwin’s in a similar boat, that’s why he needs to make room in his schedule for WayV.

Since Sm owns his studio I don’t know why they are on such bad terms right now. My only guess is could it have been Lucas related?

Top Bottom