What are/were your favorite vocaloid songs

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,998,100
Pronouns
She/Her
I know some of y'all here must have been vocaloid fans back in the day (especially since we seem to have a strong project sekai fandom here).

glare-kai.gif

So today I am asking, what were y'alls favorite vocaloid songs back in the day?

Personally butterfly on your right shoulder was my jam (specifically Rin's version)

(Also project sekai please add a formal cover of this to your game. I heard a snippet online that Stray Bad Dog was working on a cover of this but they scrapped it last minute :wae: )

I also vibbed with this dancing alpaca song:

And then I of course loved Kagerou Project and the Honeyworks series
(I still need to watch the various honeyworks anime's, and also once again Project Sekai please hold a honeyworks song event or something i'm surprised theres like no honeyworks songs in the game :lurk2:)
This specifically was my favorite honeyworks song, I believe it's the themesong for the anime Magic Kaito?

And if you've read this far, I am also going to ask a second question of what is your favorite Project Sekai group? Cause I feel like this also reflects what your favorite vocaloid songs were (Mine is WonderlandxShowtime)

So, what are/were your vocaloid jams?
tae-drinking.gif

Wensuelrene

Fever Season Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭723,270
This masterpiece :shablob::shablob::shablob::shablob::shablob::shablob:

This is a close second :heartpar:

I like this one too :peepopbirthday:

This is just really funny. :CupPar:

This probably doesn't count since Teto isn't a vocaloid, but I WILL shout out my queen :doge:

Last edited:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

#FREE THE BOYS Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,871,900
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
Oh LORD, I was hella into MMD back in the day :yooheadache:

My #1 favorite is reserved for HER, my introduction to Vocaloid as a whole

This was probably the one I could sing the most of

I just have fond memories of listening to this one a lot

The fast singing ones were some of my faves

Rin and Len had the UNDESPUTED BEST Unhappy Refrain

But this is my favorite Rin Solo song

And Len

I'm dropping some UTAU in here because I can :fab:

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,998,100
Pronouns
She/Her
As for Project Sekai, nothing beats WonderlandsxShowtime releases for me :poggers:

Wonderland Showtime On👏 Top👏

I don't really follow Japanese music anymore outside of Mafumafu and a few other utaite, but i constantly forget some of the old vocaloid producers/singers are popular professional singers now. I never remember that Kenshi Yonezu was Hachi and wasn't the guy from Yoasobi a vocaloid producer as well or something?

This masterpiece :shablob::shablob::shablob::shablob::shablob::shablob:

This probably doesn't count since Teto isn't a vocaloid, but I WILL shout out my queen :doge:

Teto is a queen and I will fight anyone who doesn't like her.:onggun: I constantly tried to get my hair in curly pigtails like hers in highschool (sadly gravity is a thing though).

I also love ghost rule, but i've struggled to listen to any new Deco*27 songs after this. Someone pointed out that after Ghost Rule/Streaming Hearts (I forget which came first) and it's success every Deco 27 after that has pretty much been Ghost Rule wearing a mustache and they're right. I can't unhear it anymore from his music. If you sing ghost rule in tune to some of his new music its pretty much the same thing :lizheadache: It's kinda like he's the TEDDY of vocaloid songs now.
Oh LORD, I was hella into MMD back in the day :yooheadache:

My #1 favorite is reserved for HER, my introduction to Vocaloid as a whole

World is mine really is that girl and forever will be.

I also was hella into MMD back in the day, watching the MMD parts of the yearly Nico Nico Chou party's was some of my favorite things.

Fun fact, I liked MMD so much I even originally went to college for 3D animation because of it but changed majors to graphic design after a semester or two because it didn't fit into my future career goals anymore. (Also this was before blue light glasses were a common thing and I was staring at the computer screen for so long trying to animate my eyesight was getting worse and worse):jinjudge:

Ddeona Oneul Bame

#FREE THE BOYS Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,871,900
Pronouns
#FREE THE BOYS
World is mine really is that girl and forever will be.

I also was hella into MMD back in the day, watching the MMD parts of the yearly Nico Nico Chou party's was some of my favorite things.

Fun fact, I liked MMD so much I even originally went to college for 3D animation because of it but changed majors to graphic design after a semester or two because it didn't fit into my future career goals anymore. (Also this was before blue light glasses were a common thing and I was staring at the computer screen for so long trying to animate my eyesight was getting worse and worse):jinjudge:

Funny, I actually did go to college for animation, too, but thankfully I focused on 2D instead of 3D. Even MMD could not convince me to learn Maya to a high degree :yooheadache:

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,998,100
Pronouns
She/Her
Funny, I actually did go to college for animation, too, but thankfully I focused on 2D instead of 3D. Even MMD could not convince me to learn Maya to a high degree :yooheadache:
I knew basic Maya back in the day (along with Blender and this Japanese software used with MMD) and even won an award in a competition back in highschool! Though I felt like my job options would have been limited and I wasn’t willing to almost go blind learning advanced 3D animation with Maya:sweat:

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,998,100
Pronouns
She/Her

All good songs :blushblob:

I use to really love Suzumu’s songs, especially this one cause no one ever really used Mayu, but ever since that scandal broke out and it turned out he (most likely) made none of his songs I couldn’t listen to any of it the same again.

The weird thing is, I use to listen to some of his songs back in the day and be like “damn, this song reminds me of X producer they must be such good friends” :blushblob:

And then it turned out that X song was actually made by X producer and it was stolen :wut:

Top Bottom