Who benefited the most from company privilege? Twice, BlackPink or NewJeans?

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭31,400
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
It's hard to compare NJ with 2 established groups, but i'd go with them.

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,341,250
Pronouns
She/Her
I wouldn't say BP benefited from company privilege in this sense. I think they benefited from YG debuting them at just the right time.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭533,700
Pronouns
He/Him
YG branding bumps artists early but Blackpink was marketed extremely well so I'd say their success didn't necessarily come from their company's inherit privilege, it was more down to the company devising a plan for them that took them even higher than most of their peers who were strong at debut but either stagnated or fizzled.

JYP didn't have insane clout when Twice debuted (people were a bit sour about Wonder Girls/Miss A at that point, 2PM were fading out anx Got7 were promising but not smash successes) and rather I think they were one of the first groups to benefit from the survival show boost, which made them do really surprising numbers at debut and got all eyes on them for Cheer Up.

NewJeans clearly did benefit from the HYBE-association but really that wasn't the only thing that made them quite as successful as they are. Like her or not, Min Heejin's creative direction and fully realized concept was essential in pushing them to the top right out the gate.

So I guess NewJeans > Blackpink > Twice? But it's kind of apples and oranges. The amount of "priviledge" each company can give is much too variable and changes too frequently.

But if we're talking just the basic training facilities and all that, YG seems slightly more well rounded than JYP was back then, but JYP seems better than them now. HYBE needs to hire at least one vocal coach but their dance training seems good at least.

Top Bottom