Would Kpop agencies be prosecuted in the US and Western Europe?

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
They have the same shit in America for suuuuuure, so I highly doubt it

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
They could expect some pretty severe lawsuits.

But it's not like everything is peachy in the west.
I'm from one of these countries in the list, and I can tell you even YG won't escape justice here.

Y

Yeddong

The justice in the USA are more strong and better than in Korea. While the laws in Korea for using drugs illegally are around 12 months, in the USA are many years.

JangusFangus

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,010
Is the same thing with labels in the west, nobody reports, and nobody is punished.

GuardianofTheCosmicRealm

Servant Of Luda Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭229,700
Is the same thing with labels in the west, nobody reports, and nobody is punished.
The west don't have idol agencies. And western culture values individualism higher than east asian culture, so people have a better chance to speak out and take action if mistreated, plus gaining public support.

Last edited:

JangusFangus

Lurker Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,010
The west don't have idol agencies. And western culture values individualism higher east asian culture, so people have a higher chance to speak out and take action if mistreated, plus gaining public support.
That is true, but they do have their own big 3 (Sony BMG, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group) that are just as shady as the kpop ones, even more actually.

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
You would be surprise on much abuse is under reported in the US. I'm not sure if individualism actually helps with this issue per se. Asian collectivism is better at solving different issues while individualism may fail at this regard. Individualism is pretty big in some South American countries for instance, but they aren't really bastions of law enforcement. I don't think these are really important factors. It may influence in some aspects, but it's just positive and negative.

Non unionized US workers do suffer lot of abuses. Even if reported, some will fly under the radar. I do think US law enforcement is better than SK and some of the shenanigans that happens there would not fly well in the US. Justice may be slow, but I think regulations would follow at state level. It's more duo to US institutions being more mature than SK ones. You have to remember SK as a modern Westernized democracy is pretty new. I'd say they truly got there after the Olympics game there. It's not that many decades ago.

Still Entertainment industry in the US is very shady. Maybe more so considering how people perceive law enforcement in the US. They just play a different game duo to different justice systems.

I dunno if there is any decent entertainment industry anywhere in the world. Maybe Western Europe isn't as shitty as I don't see much news related to shady practices, crimes, and abuses, but at the same time, I rarely look for this kinda news or statistics, so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom