ZB1 Gunwook in controversy over eating strawberries

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,799,800
Pronouns
She/Her
Today I am here to report the literal dummest kpop scandal i've seen all year.
:brbdying:

Member Park Gunwook of Zerobaseone has been getting absolutely roasted online by Knets for eating strawberries off of a cake.

It was another member's birthday and it appears a cake was brought out to them during a broadcast. A video was posted online from the broadcast which has been spreading around and has almost 5 million views. In the video the cake was placed on the table in front of Gunwook and he is casually just eating the strawberries off the cake with a fork.

People counted, and there were 14 strawberries on the cake and he ate 11 of them.

This for some reason sent Knets into a rage. A lot of people thought he had a lot of audacity to eat that many strawberries and he should be ashamed of himself and leave the group. Others were fatshamming him, and some people thought it was insensitive of him to eat the strawberries off a cake meant for someone else's birthday and he should have shared with the other members.

On the opposite side, some Knets are laughing at the Knets angry and Gunwook because they think this is a stupid thing to be angry about, and to be honest most cakes made for Kpop idol's birthday's get thrown out or "accidentally dropped" during the broadcast. A few people thought it was nice he was actually eating the strawberries and not letting the cake go to waste like most companies make idols do.

Oversea netizens are obviously very upset that people are causing a huge scandal over a boy eating strawberries and want him to leave the group over this.

IMO I can understand how him eating the strawberries off another person's cake can be seen as rude, but I watched the video and 2 other members reached over to eat the other strawberries with him and i'm sure if the birthday boy (or even another member in general) was annoyed about him not sharing they would have said something to him to stop.

I also don't understand how people think him eating 11 strawberries is a super huge amount. I know people with kids and their toddlers will INHALE an entire 2lb carton of strawberries in one sitting like no tomorrow. I've seen parents have breakdowns because their kids demand so many strawberries every day that they can't buy enough to keep up with them. If Knets think this is a big deal I don't think they would be able to handle the strawberry appetite of am American toddler :jinjudge:

What are your thoughts on all of this?

I hope this didn't come off as ragebait, I just wanted to share the ridiculousness of all of this with y'all​

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,799,800
Pronouns
She/Her
My guy just wanted to clear out all the strawberries in case any of the staff members had strawberry allergies /s
But really....
Strawberries?!!
:oxygen:
This isn't even the first strawberry scandal this year. I remember earlier Knets were going after Wonyoung because they didn't like the way she ate a strawberry on TV.

Apparently Knets have serious beef with strawberries for some reason??? :brbdying:

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭614,900
Pronouns
He/Him
11 strawberries is less than 100 calories... and they're fatshaming him for that? Let's see them report that calorie count for a day lmao. He's also a pretty muscular dude and I think that's why a lot of people are his fan? The whole big muscular dude who's kind of a dork gap crush? How do you think anyone's going to maintain muscles if they don't eat lmao it's literally just fruit.

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,459,070
Pronouns
She/Her
This isn't even the first strawberry scandal this year. I remember earlier Knets were going after Wonyoung because they didn't like the way she ate a strawberry on TV.

Apparently Knets have serious beef with strawberries for some reason??? :brbdying:
That was this year? Why is time so messed up. I thought that was like 2 years ago :iwillfightyou: WHERE IS THE TIME GOING???

Last edited:

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,459,070
Pronouns
She/Her
This confused me a bit too, but I think the clip from 2 years ago started trending again and people were roasting that?
You are 100% right, and I think it comes in waves? But it feels like time is slipping by so fast

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭133,050
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Why is he eating all the strawberries tho??? lol I'm sure at least a few members were like wtf are you doing???

Top Bottom