ฮ” The Official ๐—Ÿ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€' ๐—–๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ (๋ ˆ์ด๋””์Šค ์ฝ”๋“œ) Thread ฮ”

George

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ11,450
Some notes on two Ashley's videos in above post.
1) "house hunting + becoming independent for the first time in 28 yrs":
For house search, Ashley was using ZIGBANG app and PETERPANZ (ํ”ผํ„ฐํŒฌ์˜ ์ข‹์€๋ฐฉ ๊ตฌํ•˜๊ธฐ) app. But supply isn't much and even slightly better houses were taken fast by other tenants before Ashley, and final house-candidate was found not by app, but with help from local realtor. Ashley preferred future house to be closer to Han River (but north of and not south), and searched mostly in or near Yongsan District.
In 13:23 we see notes for "Dada La" singing.
Also officetel type of apartment is mentioned (and considered).
2) "Feeling blue & last-minute prep for the move":
It begins with video from Sojung's concert with jazz band, and Ashley is in that concert.
"Feeling blue" has many meanings here. Blue hair (positive note), but then this recent Ladies' Code news, and everything related, including 8:21-8:33 (goodbye to practice room).
Also coronavirus situation is mentioned, and we see how in Seoul this situation interferes with people's activities and lives, and it is also something to add to "feeling blue".
Speaking about blue hair,
1:28 "this color hasn't been released in Korea yet"
Color is cobalt blue (by Milbon).
This place is Lumio Beauty House, stylist is Captain Hosae (I think he is owner of Lumio Beauty House).
Also Instagram posts with Ashley: 1, 2 (2 is from this video 11:10-11:26 )
5:01 Picture time. Also this is related.
7:15 One of their friends here is Christian Yu (Rome from C-Clown), he is one of founders of DPR.
DPR is basically independent group of producers and artists. Christian Yu is director and video producer here, and
he recommends DPR Live "Is Anybody Out There?" album (Live is name of artist from DPR, and Christian Yu produced some tracks and also video for "Legacy" track)

George

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ11,450
Around mid-March, LADIES' CODE "PRETTY PRETTY" ("์˜ˆ๋ป ์˜ˆ๋ป") MV has reached 10 Million combined YouTube views. Details below.

Combined views means sum of views of MV instances on all official YouTube channels,
For "PRETTY PRETTY" MV official YouTube channels are Ladies' Code channel, label (Polaris Entertainment) channel, and distributor channel.
Initially distributor was CJ E&M Music (now Stone Music Entertainment). Near October 1, 2018, "PRETTY PRETTY" MV was deleted from Stone Music Entertainment channel, and this "PRETTY PRETTY" MV instance had more than 4 900 000 views. It was deleted not because of YouTube, but because in some cases Stone Music Entertainment deletes videos from their channel. Maybe it can be related to some expired and not renewed contract between Stone Music Entertainment and Polaris Entertainment, and also there are cases (even from 2020), when other groups MVs got deleted from Stone Music Entertainment channel. But it doesn't explain all that happened, and overall Stone Music Entertainment policy for MVs deletion is bad for industry.
In February 2020 Kakao M (owner of 1theK) got distribution rights to some Ladies' Code songs from Stone Music Entertainment (CJ E&M Music), and that included "PRETTY PRETTY" MV, and it was uploaded on 1theK channel (channel of new distributor) too.

In other words, "PRETTY PRETTY" MV has YouTube views on 4 official channels (but, MV was deleted from Stone Music Entertainment channel), we take into account 4 900 000 views (actually, there were more than that) of deleted MV from Stone Music Entertainment channel, and by now "PRETTY PRETTY" MV on Ladies' Code channel has more than 5 100 000 views,
and that is total of 10 Million combined views, even before we add views from 1theK channel and Polaris channel.

===

For one reason or another I still have trouble to catch up with current content, so
this time I did watch Ashley's video from December, 20

This is GRWM video, and at the same time Q&A
some of highlights:
6:45-7:58 what Ashley does watch on Netflix? "Black mirror", "Stranger things" are mentioned, and "Modern family".
8:31-10:12 hair care. Hair mask and hair care oil.
10:17-10:56 next hair color. Blue color is also mentioned (and in 2020 Ashley did try cobalt blue hair color)
11:30-12:00 favorite Ladies' Code song. "Bad Girl" and entire "Myst3ry" album.
(also, later in video there is question about albums which Ashley listens to on repeat. Among other albums, "Myst3ry" and "Log" (by KATIE) are mentioned.)
12:45-13:48 weight discussion. 48 kilograms weight limit for trainees is mentioned.
16:24-17:21 best Korean food for Ashley. Gimbap, bibimbap.
17:53-18:10 favorite breakfast food
18:19-19:23 movie of decade. "Parasite", "Whiplash", "Mad Max: Fury Road", maybe others.
21:57-22:31 weird food combination question.
22:42-23:06 favorite thing to do with friends
23:06-23:36 favorite aroma/smell.
23:36-23:59 which film Ashley uses for camera? Fuji, Kodak ColorPlus 200.

Last edited:

George

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ11,450
Also from December, V Live.
This V Live atm is last V Live, where we see Ashley, Sojung and Zuny in one video.
Having said that, it is also funny video, probably funnier in second half.
After this, there were 4 personal V Live streams (3 Sojung's and 1 Zuny's).
Also this V Live is atm last V Live with english subtitles.
Speaking of subtitles, it is nice to have subtitles, because not all Ladies' Code videos have subtitles.
Only be warned that in this video partial english subtitles are coming before corresponding parts of video.
link to "2019 finish!" V Live
Related photo:

G

Galaxy

I discovered today that Youtube made me unsubscribe from Ashley's channel, so I've missed 3 weeks of vlogs... I was wondering why I wasn't getting any update from her, especially since she's in the middle of her "adulting series".
Here are the latest videos:

Now I have to catch up :sweat:

George

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ11,450
New release, LEE SO JUNG - "ISLAND"

in MV:
0:10-0:17 reminds of "Galaxy". Sojung with books and mirrors.
0:16-0:18 random fly appears
2:13 Johnnie Walker glass upside down.

also, among retro gadgets we see gadget named CUBE. It is camping gas stove by Kovea, so it is not produced by CUBE.

Sojung's eyes movement in one of scenes reminds me of some other scene, where she was with Ashley and Zuny, probably this (first 12 seconds).
MV is totally different from teaser (maybe because it is called preview, and not teaser), looks like there are no common scenes.
This animal in 0:35-0:36 of teaser reminds of one of Sojung's pets.

Good song. It may look like composers (Sojung and KIDPOOL) continue Ladies' Code's group and solo music from 2018-2019 (which was composed by NEWTYPE Ent. composers), but I think that composers Sojung and KIDPOOL did better than NEWTYPE.
Combination of music in this song and Sojung's voice allows her voice to additionally shine.
I would like also, if in future Sojung will sing something jazzy similar to "Dada La", or something R&B/Soul/other, similar (maybe more upbeat) to Ladies' Code's songs from 2016, I mean these types of music also were good combinations with Sojung's voice.

Sojung composed this song together with KIDPOOL. From other KIDPOOL works, I highlight LOVO VERDI - Nocturne, also he was supposedly involved into composing PurpleBeck - ๋…ธ๋Š”๋‚  (Holiday/Play Day).

JNT-LEGGO

5XIDโ™ฅ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
โจญ80,325

Eric Nam interviews Ashley about her journey as an Idol. Her first time really discussing the accident on camera in English. She also admits that she's not entirely sure where Ladies Code stands currently.

Top Bottom