hi yuna stan here
Hello Welcome!

Yuna-itzy-42650154-268-200.gif

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

Andar's CEO Shin Ae Ryeon was doing yoga on my little television with fromis_9's hayoung. This seemed like a good opportunity for one of the girls to go with her to promote the brand. Is JYPE banning Itzy members from TV until the comeback?

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940

Andar's CEO Shin Ae Ryeon was doing yoga on my little television with fromis_9's hayoung. This seemed like a good opportunity for one of the girls to go with her to promote the brand. Is JYPE banning Itzy members from TV until the comeback?

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Is this a Div strategy to starve public and build hype for their comeback? IDK I just feel like some momentum was lost during their "absence" and they failed to capitalize on the hype train DD generated.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285

I don't think "banning" is the right word. More like focusing on other things for the time being. The girls are confirmed to be coming back next month so I'm sure they're preparing the album, etc.

I just hope once it comes time for their comeback JYPE promotes them on shows more because even though they've proven to not needing crazy promotions to be successful, promoting will help with their brand and gaining new fans.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
Yeah I was wondering about that too. Is this a Div strategy to starve public and build hype for their comeback? IDK I just feel like some momentum was lost during their "absence" and they failed to capitalize on the hype train DD generated.
If they lost momentum and hype they would not be getting the sponsors they're getting now and Dalla Dalla wouldn't be still in the top 40 on charts. The hype and buzz will be there when they comeback the only thing I feel like they've lost is since their debut the public is not able to get to know the members personally.

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
if they have a good song in the next comeback, it will be a good investment (probably)

imaslave4tzuyu

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭51,940
If they lost momentum and hype they would not be getting the sponsors they're getting now and Dalla Dalla wouldn't be still in the top 40 on charts. The hype and buzz will be there when they comeback the only thing I feel like they've lost is since their debut the public is not able to get to know the members personally.

Agree with your last point! It was a chance for the public to get to know them. A dedicated fan base grows from fans who can relate and associate with their idols. I wasn't downgrading DD's hype in any way, it's the top GG song with the most Gaon Digital Points this year! What I meant was some of that steam could have translated to better opportunities like what you said; through varieties, tv shows etc.

grandmajudy

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭346,431

- But charting generally reflects public recognition and appreciation for the song vs fandom size. Many non "pop" acts without fandoms chart well. BGs sell lots of physical albums even if they can't chart at all. If you take a look at Itzy's vlive and youtube viewing numbers they have dropped a lot from their promotional period. I think that is due to them not doing as many fan engagement activities (frequent creative vlives, TV/radio appearances etc) thus not allowing people to build a strong connection with members as you mentioned.

- There is a bit of momentum loss if you believe the Girl Group Brand Recognition scores. Itzy is down in the 30s and the only individual members in the top 100 are Yeji and Lia (below 80). During the promotional period for Dalla Dalla, they were top 10. It feels they are a bit of a sleeping giant though once JYPE unleashes them. Obviously they need to have a hard hitting comeback.

- As far as CFs, it makes sense for companies to target them for their potential. They have more statuesque looking members that fit the model image for makeup, high end fashion, and athletic apparel brands.

Divine

Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭56,285
- But charting generally reflects public recognition and appreciation for the song vs fandom size. Many non "pop" acts without fandoms chart well. BGs sell lots of physical albums even if they can't chart at all. If you take a look at Itzy's vlive and youtube viewing numbers they have dropped a lot from their promotional period. I think that is due to them not doing as many fan engagement activities (frequent creative vlives, TV/radio appearances etc) thus not allowing people to build a strong connection with members as you mentioned.

- There is a bit of momentum loss if you believe the Girl Group Brand Recognition scores. Itzy is down in the 30s and the only individual members in the top 100 are Yeji and Lia (below 80). During the promotional period for Dalla Dalla, they were top 10. It feels they are a bit of a sleeping giant though once JYPE unleashes them. Obviously they need to have a hard hitting comeback.

- As far as CFs, it makes sense for companies to target them for their potential. They have more statuesque looking members that fit the model image for makeup, high end fashion, and athletic apparel brands.
1.) That's pretty normal and expected. You have to realize that they're still rookies and not everyone who was tuning in for their v lives to know the members are still watching them to this day. Even had they promoted more on shows their numbers would still be down because the girls don't have a large fanbase and won't get one until they have more frequent comebacks.

2.) I did mention that the public does not know the members personally because of the lack of promotions on shows that where I was referring to the girl group brand recognition scores. How can you score them high when they aren't promoting on shows in SK but again that isn't from momentum loss. The girls could easily go on shows now and trend and bring the score right back up. If they lost buzz and momentum that wouldn't be the case.

At the end of the day though I'm not worried Dalla Dalla longevity is insane and the public is just waiting for them to comeback.

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,350
Yeah I'm not worried in the slightest about the girls. Dalla Dalla is still hella strong in the charts, 4 months after release, they're gonna be fine. Sure, JYPE could have pushed them more under the spotlight, but maybe they think they're not fully and totally ready for that, or would rather prioritize something else in the meantime. It's ok, the public is sure as hell gonna be there whenever they'll come back, there's no doubt in my mind about it!

This is the softest thing I've seen today. And also officially becomes my fave ship in ITZY :bakacat:

Top Bottom