ꕥ The Official LE SSERAFIM (르세라핌) Thread ꕥ

Greybeard_21

Blackjack Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭27,150
I have only listened superficially to a few songs by Le Sserafim, and did not find them to my taste.

But today I read a really well-written mini-essay by Yunjin on how social media suppresses our creativity by enforcing conformity (and unleashes hate on those who dare to be different)

The text was posted (in english) on Weverse ( https://weverse.io/lesserafim/artist/0-148706427 ), but I saw it on reddit.

Her letter/article gave me a whole new level of respect for what I had believed was just another pink girl band; Yunjin is obviously an intellectual, and her text touches upon some serious problems, not just for artists, but for anyone trying to live in todays hyper-connected reality.

old.reddit.com/r/kpopthoughts/comments/1fajd9z/an_extraordinary_statement_from_le_sserafims_huh
Posted by u/daltorak fri sep 6 16:25:00 2024 UTC
=======================================
An extraordinary statement from Le Sserafim's Huh YunjinThought (self.kpopthoughts)

submitted 20 hours ago * by daltorak

Originally posted here: Weverse - LE SSERAFIM Weverse

This is not translated; she wrote this in English.

I feel like we have left behind something important in our childhood.

If you feel the same,
I hope that this message finds you well.

In a time when our reality and digital reality can no longer be mutually exclusive, it's near impossible to live a day without the internet's inference. To keep up offline, we must keep up online. To stay in the loop, we stay on the algorithm. Granted, the internet is a great place to make connections and learn about the world, but it also perpetuates the anxiety of living real life like your timeline.

I feel the pressures of a standard getting stronger upon our generation, especially young girls — a certain body type, a certain look, a certain attitude, a certain vibe. Anything other becomes the Other.

People are so quick to ostracize, calling people "cringe" or weird for simply looking and liking what they do. And it is often done in a passive air of cynical humor, the cruelest way, because, like classic microaggression, if you get hurt, you become the uncool one who just doesn't know how to take a joke.

It’s almost like we are conditioned into it: When receiving love and attention, being yourself is a risk. A liability.
When, in actuality, your uniqueness is what sets you apart.
Your multidimensionality cannot fit into a 1080x1080 square.
But we get so busy comparing ourselves to others, inflating our egos like balloons to fill a void and feel important, that we forget the most fundamental thing.

We are not only born with a desire to receive love but also to love.

If you think about it, we all had something that made our hearts race when we were younger.
As a kid, I loved to create.
I drew every day without the pressure to become an artist; I wrote poetry without a single recitation.
I would chase butterflies that I knew I could never catch in the first place.
Simply because it made me happy.

Please don't lose that spark to pixels on a screen.
The light may dim by circumstance, but please do not let it go out.
Having something you want to do is such a beautiful, powerful thing.
It's not too late.
Whether it's a new beginning or rekindling an old passion
Feel the liberation of doing what you love,
Feel the pain of doing what you love.
Share your art. Tell your story.

That childlike joy exists for a reason.
In this fast, stimulating, hectic, contradictory, and so so painful world, it can ground you and remind you who your most authentic self is. All you need to do is listen for that child's voice through all the white noise.

People will always pick you apart for your shortcomings and outcast you for your differences.
But among those watching, someone is waiting for something to show them it's okay to be themselves.
There is always somebody waiting.
I was that somebody.
So, believe me when I say that your voice matters. You make a difference. We are all important beings with the power to gift each other strength and hope, something no pixelated number can measure.

It's a crazy world.
But to me...
To feel more and to love more
To choose to keep your eyes open and see yourself for who you are in a world where everyone tells you to keep them shut,
That, to me, is what is even crazier.
Ironically, I suppose choosing crazy is the most sane thing we can do.

Sometimes, it may not feel like it, but I promise you you are not alone. You are never alone. I will be fighting alongside you to choose love over likes.
So let us choose to be crazy for a truer life. For a truer love!

💌⚡
Added later: If you don't know much about Yunjin or Le Sserafim, maybe check out this song: 미치지 못하는 이유 (Crazier) - YouTube (
) ... it's from their new album. Yunjin is the primary writer and producer for the song, and it is connected with what she wrote here. That's also her in the visualizer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom