🌠 The Honkai: Star Rail Thread 🚂

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
ugh, the waiting has already felt like forever and I still have to wait more... I just wanna pull on Aventurine and Boothill already...

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
[YouTube] Animated Short: Rondo Across Countless Kalpas | Honkai: Star Rail

[YouTube] Myriad Celestia Trailer — "Kyoden: A Cleave Across the Transient World" | Honkai: Star Rail

[YouTube] Acheron Trailer — "Your Color" | Honkai: Star Rail

[YouTube] Keeping up with Star Rail — Acheron: Another Fall of Rain, _______ _____ ______ | Honkai: Star Rail

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
[Twitter] Planar Fissure 300% Event: Planar Ornaments Drop Rate Tripled for a Limited Time

[Twitter] Character Preview | Aventurine

[Twitter] Light Cone Preview|Version 2.1 "Into the Yawning Chasm" Phase 2

[Twitter] Pom-Pom Gallery | The Child Blessed by Gaiathra

[YouTube] A Moment Among the Stars — Inherently Unjust Destiny | Honkai: Star Rail

[Twitter] "Tides of War" Hidden Secrets

roseychu

sungjae's wife Administrator Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭232,921
Pronouns
She/Her
How different is this game from Genshin? Is it worth a shot?

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
How different is this game from Genshin? Is it worth a shot?
the biggest difference is just how the combat works. it's turn-based, similar to like, persona 5... or maybe an older final fantasy game. or pokemon, if you haven't played either of those. because of this, i actually feel that honkai star rail is more fun than genshin impact right now because of how much rewarding content there is you can do with your team just from different types of battling and such. you build your characters pretty much the same way as genshin though (artifacts, skill leveling, weapon—they just get called different things in hsr).

the main story itself is usually pretty good and straight-forward (i feel that it goes less in circles because they don't stretch out dialogue as much e.g. paimon's narration), but some of the more specific references to characters and aeons (or basically anything that goes deeper into the game's lore) can be confusing at times because of just how much of it there is and there's a lot of names flying around lol.

the quality-of-life features are also better than genshin's right now. i often feel like the game is being more generous to me lol. so, i definitely think it's worth a shot! i mean, i like genshin impact, but right now? definitely enjoying honkai star rail more.

roseychu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭232,921
Pronouns
She/Her
the biggest difference is just how the combat works. it's turn-based, similar to like, persona 5... or maybe an older final fantasy game. or pokemon, if you haven't played either of those. because of this, i actually feel that honkai star rail is more fun than genshin impact right now because of how much rewarding content there is you can do with your team just from different types of battling and such. you build your characters pretty much the same way as genshin though (artifacts, skill leveling, weapon—they just get called different things in hsr).

the main story itself is usually pretty good and straight-forward (i feel that it goes less in circles because they don't stretch out dialogue as much e.g. paimon's narration), but some of the more specific references to characters and aeons (or basically anything that goes deeper into the game's lore) can be confusing at times because of just how much of it there is and there's a lot of names flying around lol.

the quality-of-life features are also better than genshin's right now. i often feel like the game is being more generous to me lol. so, i definitely think it's worth a shot! i mean, i like genshin impact, but right now? definitely enjoying honkai star rail more.
Thank you for your detailed explanation! Turn based is easier for me to take breaks and kind of take my time. I didn’t play Genshin for too long so I was wondering about this game. I might dive into just to see what it’s like for now!

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,284,900
Thank you for your detailed explanation! Turn based is easier for me to take breaks and kind of take my time. I didn’t play Genshin for too long so I was wondering about this game. I might dive into just to see what it’s like for now!
Also apart from it being turn-based, you can also do auto battle

roseychu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭232,921
Pronouns
She/Her
I played this game all day but it’s been hard to follow to story as expected for me. It’s interesting so far though

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
[Twitter] The Astral Express Annual Trailblaze Report Web Event is now on.

[Twitter] During the event, the drop rates of the limited 5-star character Robin (Harmony: Physical) and Topaz & Numby (The Hunt: Fire) will be boosted for a limited time.

[Twitter] During the event, the drop rates of the limited 5-star character Boothill (The Hunt: Physical) and Fu Xuan (Preservation: Quantum) will be boosted for a limited time.

[YouTube] One-Year Stellar Tour Review

[YouTube] Version 2.2 Trailer - "Then Wake to Weep"

[YouTube] Preview for Robin's Brand-New Album: "INSIDE"

roseychu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭232,921
Pronouns
She/Her
Is this guy any good? I got him today

Attachments

• IMG_8332.jpeg
    IMG_8332.jpeg
    793.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭107,767
Is this guy any good? I got him today
yes, he's very good! he's a "preservation" character, so think of like, a shielder/tank kind of battle style

if you need advice on how to build him, i'd recommend reading this (it's quick bites of info so don't be intimidated!) or if you like watching things, then this video!

i can also answer any questions as best as i can to help :poggers:

roseychu

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭232,921
Pronouns
She/Her
yes, he's very good! he's a "preservation" character, so think of like, a shielder/tank kind of battle style

if you need advice on how to build him, i'd recommend reading this (it's quick bites of info so don't be intimidated!) or if you like watching things, then this video!

i can also answer any questions as best as i can to help :poggers:
Oooh thank you so much for the links and for your offer. The game has so many layers to it, it's hard to keep up. I will let you know!!

Top Bottom