RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,672,250
Pronouns
She/Her
This almost feels unreal :sejeongcry:

In light of their 15 year anniversary it has been announced that 2Ne1 has signed with YG to hold a world tour starting this October.

It seems so far there will be around one stop a month? With Korea in October, Osaka in November, and Tokyo in December and the tour will continue throughout 2025.

This was announced in a video by that YG guy along with an announcement for Blackpink’s 2025 world tour.

Ulmicola

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭90,290
On one hand, I've never forgiven YGE for how it threw the group under the bus back in the day (especially knowing what we now know about YGE's downright criminal behaviour) but perhaps, after years of declining profits and huge scandals, they need the money a 2NE1 reunion would bring more than the 2NE1 members need that money (everyone but Bom has a source of income other than their indie record deal), so in the best case scenario they'll be kept on a far looser leash than they were back then, similarly to how Epik High did things when they got signed to YGE after Tablo's absurd "scandal".

I'm kind of worried about Bom, since her mental health status and vocal cord issues have been a thorn in her side since before she even debuted as a member of 2NE1 (imagine my rage, as someone who's had to take anxiety/depression medication for most of his life, when YGE nuked her career because she dared take prescription medication), but maybe getting some kind of closure (I doubt the reunion will be a permanent one, unless audiences react well to it and the members themselves don't turn on each other like the Spice Girls every time they attempt a reunion) will do her well.

gatoelblue

Lil Ball of Floof Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭353,450
Pronouns
They/Them
While I wish he would have given the group their trademark so they could do things without him, I am happy to see them tour again at least.

Greybeard_21

Blackjack Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭24,950
So very excited to se what we are going to see!
2NE1 will tour again - and who knows what that will lead to...

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,672,250
Pronouns
She/Her
While I wish he would have given the group their trademark so they could do things without him, I am happy to see them tour again at least.
Ikon got all of their rights without a fight so if 2NE1 fought at all I’m sure they could have gotten it?

They must trust YG again to some extent if they resigned a contract with them again?

gatoelblue

Lil Ball of Floof Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭353,450
Pronouns
They/Them
Ikon got all of their rights without a fight so if 2NE1 fought at all I’m sure they could have gotten it?

They must trust YG again to some extent if they resigned a contract with them again?
I wish I could think that but his track record with mistreatment of all of his female artists does not give me much hope. I fear this was likely as situation where they had to come back to the label to use their name.

Top Bottom