aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,627,916

Ooof. I did not realize her hometown was that close to Siberia.

Here are ice castles and buildings from their Ice and Snow Festival:

gettyimages-1090357636.jpg

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,877,720
i already watched it when it was leaked pre-debut:sweat:

i see... 😂
I can imagine this thread probably posted a lot of pre-debut stuff already. I entered this thread after their debut buzz. I didn't want to spoil myself. also... I figured I just wait till the final lineup and learn from the girls then.:giggle:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,877,720
so the outfit are....yikes

well.. usually I don't care bout this kind of stuff like other people... but I have to agree these are a bit :eek:hnah:. But well... one bad outfit is ok... as long as it doesn't get repeated. Kinda surprised tho. While sometimes it's a hit and a miss SM idols usually dress at least above average for red carpet. This is the first time it's underwhelming. Like they don't even match.

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,570,114
Pronouns
She/Her
LOL. chill... it's one red carpet. They looked good on stage tho! :love:
Maybe i'm the only one who didn't like the stage outfit either:sweat:

Hara

Trainee Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭435,075
they were....cute? not that bad but not top tier they wore better during the promotion

honestly im more "upset" that they didn't get any special stage or collab not even a dance break they could literally have aired an old music show perfomance and nothing would have changed

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
They just put the girls all in givenchy straight off the rack no alterations like talk about laziness

the sad thing is I already know some ppl are gonna drag them and say they can't 'pull off designer/look expensive' like bp instead of just acknowledging that sometimes designer clothes are just ugly

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,877,720

Looking at both outfits again...

I think the red carpet ones aren't too bad with the exception of 1 thing for each member.

Giselle looks fine, maybe the coat could be a little 'less big" tho?
Winter could lose the straps that hang from the bottom
Karina could lose or have a different belt
Ning can lose the long curtain thingy

If for these little adjustments think they would look fine 😂

And guess the stage outfits ... i didn't mind too much. maybe I'm just glad it was new and not a repeat from previous outfits.

they were....cute? not that bad but not top tier they wore better during the promotion

honestly im more "upset" that they didn't get any special stage or collab not even a dance break they could literally have aired an old music show perfomance and nothing would have changed

would have been cool. but as long as it was a good special stage and not just for the sake of doing one.

Cuz unpopular opinion I was LOL'ing at the "Boss" and "hard carry" special stages 😂

Just a rite of passage for SM girl groups.

(Thanks to aespaMOONSTAR.)

😂 well.. as I was saying. guess idols are allowed at least one or two cringy outfits. And that usually happens during early rookie era. Stylist usually take a while before getting it right with each member after experimenting. They eventually find out what works best for each member and then stick with it. also I don't think we should compare stage outfit styling vs. red carpet. as they have different purpose. stage outfits usually follow a theme that goes with their songs. Like if RV wore their dumb dumb outfits on the red carpet I wouldn't say its fair to call it 'bad styling'. It's usually anything goes when it comes to on-stage outfits.

Last edited:

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,570,114
Pronouns
She/Her
Looking at both outfits again...

I think the red carpet ones aren't too bad with the exception of 1 thing for each member.

Giselle looks fine, maybe the coat could be a little 'less big" tho?
Winter could lose the straps that hang from the bottom
Karina could lose or have a different belt
Ning can lose the long curtain thingy

If for these little adjustments think they would look fine 😂

And guess the stage outfits ... i didn't mind too much. maybe I'm just glad it was new and not a repeat from previous outfits.

would have been cool. but as long as it was a good special stage and not just for the sake of doing one.

Cuz unpopular opinion I was LOL'ing at the "Boss" and "hard carry" special stages 😂

😂 well.. as I was saying. guess idols are allowed at least one or two cringy outfits. And that usually happens during early rookie era. Stylist usually take a while before getting it right with each member after experimenting. They eventually find out what works best for each member and then stick with it.
as a fan of NCT i didn't like that Boss cover so i'm glad the girls didn't participate in that...about Hard Carry, i don't have an opinion since i don't listen to GOT7....
it would've been cool a dance break....but maybe in the next awards

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,877,720
as a fan of NCT i didn't like that Boss cover so i'm glad they girls didn't participate in that...about Hard Carry, i don't have an opinion since i don't listen to GOT7....
it would've been cool a dance break....but maybe in the next awards

the thing with usually these special stages it that they have little time to prepare for it. so obviously it won't compare much to the original artist. I realize it's mostly done for fun so shouldn't be compared anyway. But... I just found it 😂

as for the 'hard carry' I didn't know why boys covered another bg song. I thought "ok... the girls are doing a BG song... good twist" so I was left a bit underwhelmed.

Top Bottom