aespa Official Thread | #GIRLS

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,919,920

I'm loving how a new generation of idols and kpop fans are finding love for not only aespa but S.E.S. is getting a 2nd wave of appreciation and recognition for the original of DCT :shablob: That's why it's all how you perceive things. Whenever SM does remakes I think of it as a good thing. Either introducing a old song to a new gen. of fans. or.. like Next Level.. introducing a song to a new genre. cuz let's be honest... hardly no one new bout fast n furious NL ver. till aespa.
but ofc.. some always looks at the negative side. Like "oh.. why can't sm give them original song?" Or "why they have to copy?" Um.. stfu :ROFLMAO: It's 1 song. Can't they do everything? people do remixes, remakes, covers all the time. haters always trying to hate on sm groups.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,919,920
She's one of the composers. The others are Jia Lih, Yoo Young-jin and Rick Heymann (a.k.a. Hautboi Rich). I've seen Tay Jasper and Lee Soo-man mentioned as contributors to the song.

I see. yeah.. usually it's not only 1 person :pandasantacookie: I guess I should have said "one of the writers etc". can someone tell me who Yoo Young-Jin is? his/her name comes up a lot. And on the Masterpiece documentary BoA joked and said Winter was the 2nd Yoo Young-Jin :ROFLMAO:. Are they also a singer? I also read a comment on the new version of HOPE/smtown. And someone asked who did the 'high note' and someone replied Yoo Young Jin. I was like.. "eh... isn't this only sm artists singing?":pandasantathink:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,919,920

DON'T BE EMBARRASSED SWEETIE!!! :pandafrozen:
I ALWAYS THOUGHT KARINA HAS A "OLD SOULFUL" VOICE. MOST OF THE TIME YOU CAN'T HEAR IT IN THEIR SONGS CUZ THERE'S A LOT GOING ON. EVEN WHEN SHE SINGS SLOW SONGS LIKE FOREVER OR DREAMS COME TRUE. BUT WHEN SHE DOES KARAOKE STYLE YOU CAN CLEARLY HEAR HER VOCAL TONE. LIKE WHEN SHE WAS ON KNOWING BROTHERS. ITS VERY RARE VOICE IMO FOR KPOP. LEE HI WOULD BE ANOTHER ONE. DENISE OF SECRET NUMBER ALSO HAD SOULFUL VOICE.:cool:

Last edited:

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,482,364
Pronouns
She/Her
I mean.. I knew Giselle's rap was different than the original. I'm gonna guess that she wrote her own rap... can anyone confirm??

Giselle haven't say anything but the rap has a lot of english words...and she didn't say anything about Zoo either, so there is big chance that she wrote that rap too. I'm glad that SM is letting her write her own stuff.
I see. yeah.. usually it's not only 1 person :pandasantacookie: I guess I should have said "one of the writers etc". can someone tell me who Yoo Young-Jin is? his/her name comes up a lot. And on the Masterpiece documentary BoA joked and said Winter was the 2nd Yoo Young-Jin :ROFLMAO:. Are they also a singer? I also read a comment on the new version of HOPE/smtown. And someone asked who did the 'high note' and someone replied Yoo Young Jin. I was like.. "eh... isn't this only sm artists singing?":pandasantathink:
He is a really famous song-writer/singer from SM, he is basically a legend cuz' he has been there since 1995.
You can read more here: https://genius.com/artists/Yoo-young-jin
He can sing REALLY HIGH notes and is high-pitch?,...that's why some say Winter is like her daughter.

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,636,866
I see. yeah.. usually it's not only 1 person :pandasantacookie: I guess I should have said "one of the writers etc". can someone tell me who Yoo Young-Jin is? his/her name comes up a lot.

Yoo Young-jin is one of SM Entertainment's legendary composers/producers. (Kenzie is another one.)

As you've mentioned, most songs are done by teams of composers now. You have to go several years back (e.g. Super Junior's Mr. Simple) to find songs that were composed solely by Yoo Young-jin.

And on the Masterpiece documentary BoA joked and said Winter was the 2nd Yoo Young-Jin :ROFLMAO:. Are they also a singer? I also read a comment on the new version of HOPE/smtown. And someone asked who did the 'high note' and someone replied Yoo Young Jin. I was like.. "eh... isn't this only sm artists singing?":pandasantathink:

Yes, he's also a singer. As for Winter being the 2nd Yoo Young-jin, you can judge for yourself. Here's Aespa's remake of his song

and here's the original

(FWIW, I think there's some truth to BoA's remark.)

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,919,920
Giselle haven't say anything but the rap has a lot of english words...and she didn't say anything about Zoo either, so there is big chance that she wrote that rap too. I'm glad that SM is letting her write her own stuff.

He is a really famous song-writer/singer from SM, he is basically a legend cuz' he has been there since 1995.
You can read more here: https://genius.com/artists/Yoo-young-jin
He can sing REALLY HIGH notes and is high-pitch?,...that's why some say Winter is like her daughter.

What do you mean.. she hasn't said anything? Well.. for ZOO it was already confirmed she wrote her own lyrics for that. (I posted on here about it).
But if you mean she hasn't personally said something about it then yeah.. I don't think so.

Because the lyrics are in English makes me further think she also wrote the rap for the collab with Hyoyeon. I'm just happy. cuz most likely Bibi wrote the original rap. And giselle probably thought would be awkward to do someone else's rap etc :cool:

ok.. i was curious enough to look him up. Now I know... he sang duet with D.O.

He has great range. Yes... No wonder BoA said Winter was the second :pandasantacookie:

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie Donor+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,636,866
DON'T BE EMBARRASSED SWEETIE!!! :pandafrozen:
I ALWAYS THOUGHT KARINA HAS A "OLD SOULFUL" VOICE. MOST OF THE TIME YOU CAN'T HEAR IT IN THEIR SONGS CUZ THERE'S A LOT GOING ON. EVEN WHEN SHE SINGS SLOW SONGS LIKE FOREVER OR DREAMS COME TRUE. BUT WHEN SHE DOES KARAOKE STYLE YOU CAN CLEARLY HEAR HER VOCAL TONE. LIKE WHEN SHE WAS ON KNOWING BROTHERS. ITS VERY RARE VOICE IMO FOR KPOP. LEE HI WOULD BE ANOTHER ONE. DENISE OF SECRET NUMBER ALSO HAD SOULFUL VOICE.:cool:

That's been one of the frustrating things (said half-jokingly) about this group. I suspect Karina and Giselle have great voices but we haven't had many opportunities to hear them live.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,919,920
Yoo Young-jin is one of SM Entertainment's legendary composers/producers. (Kenzie is another one.)

As you've mentioned, most songs are done by teams of composers now. You have to go several years back (e.g. Super Junior's Mr. Simple) to find songs that were composed solely by Yoo Young-jin.

Yes, he's also a singer. As for Winter being the 2nd Yoo Young-jin, you can judge for yourself. Here's Aespa's remake of his song

and here's the original

(FWIW, I think there's some truth to BoA's remark.)

ahhh.. yeah. I just responded about it :giggle: He seems big time.
it's a pretty big statement. there's so many great singers with range in SM. Winter has potential. As pretty much all of aespa as singers.

That's been one of the frustrating things (said half-jokingly) about this group. I suspect Karina and Giselle have great voices but we haven't had many opportunities to hear them live.
I know a lot fans are impatient but I know in time we will get to see more opportunities where they show their vocals. ie. masked singer, sketchbook type shows. It kind of sucks cuz you need to take it down a few notches to capture clearly their vocals. But when they do a song like 'forever' then they get negativity from fans saying it's boring. Like please.. so all you want is dance type song? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: dnb

Bellamy

Riding on your rhythm through the solar system VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭36,482,364
Pronouns
She/Her
But if you mean she hasn't personally said something about it then yeah.. I don't think so.
Yes, i'm talking about this....we found out because of the credits but Giselle didn't say anything, same with Second, we didn't even know she was going to perform in that song, which was a nice suprise.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭8,919,920
Yes, i'm talking about this....we found out because of the credits but Giselle didn't say anything, same with Second, we didn't even know she was going to perform in that song, which was a nice suprise.
:giggle: ahhh. ok. yeah... smtown usually drop a few bomb surprises like that. LOL. Like first time BoA did Only One you don't know what SM idol will come out during their duet part. In the past she's had yunho, eunhyuk, taemin, sehun...I didn't catch it but heard it was Shotaro this time :ROFLMAO:.
anyway... I'm sure we might find out later about the lyrics/rap. I just wondered if anyone heard bout it already.

Top Bottom