Bellamy

Be strong, be braveγ€° VIP+ Early Supporters Second Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­31,308,064
Pronouns
She/Her
Coming soon? so worldwide??:omgwhat:

I just knew the movie was going to be worldwide after that coming soon...It happened with NCT Dream and NCT 2023. It didn't matter if the fandoms aren't big in those countries, they just want to put their concerts in the cinema as a new achievement. (SM knows that mostly Asian fans are the ones going to the cinemas).
So yay for me, aespa on April:munchlax:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­8,269,270
I just knew the movie was going to be worldwide after that coming soon...It happened with NCT Dream and NCT 2023. It didn't matter if the fandoms aren't big in those countries, they just want to put their concerts in the cinema as a new achievement. (SM knows that mostly Asian fans are the ones going to the cinemas).
So yay for me, aespa on April:munchlax:

I won't have expectations of it coming to my hometown. Although... they did release the smtown documentary in theaters here. And that was way before any BTS/BP blowing up.
:sanapray: At that time, yeah. it was only people who knew Kpop. I think since aespa had a previous World Tour last year and again this year. There might be more non-kpop fans, or I should say.. non-fandom? that might want to see this? Or at least those who went to the concerts and enjoyed it. Cuz judging from the lightsticks not all of them were aespa right? :TeaPar:πŸ™„

Bellamy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­31,308,064
Pronouns
She/Her
I won't have expectations of it coming to my hometown. Although... they did release the smtown documentary in theaters here. And that was way before any BTS/BP blowing up.
:sanapray: At that time, yeah. it was only people who knew Kpop. I think since aespa had a previous World Tour last year and again this year. There might be more non-kpop fans, or I should say.. non-fandom? that might want to see this? Or at least those who went to the concerts and enjoyed it. Cuz judging from the lightsticks not all of them were aespa right? :TeaPar:πŸ™„
No...you won't see non-kpop attendants in a cinema for a kpop movie unless is a companion (example, I'm trying to convince my sister to go with me this time). I went alone for NCT Dream movie, and we were less than 10 people in the room, the non-kpop goers were the parents of some teenagers nctzens.
In my country, only BTS and Black Pink can fill a cinema room, the other groups that are popular are 2nd generations (Suju, SNSD, SHINee, etc).
About aespa concert goers (at least here in Latinoamerica), the majority were multifandom MYs, that's why they brought the lightstick of their main/first group...so I don't expect too many people attending, especially if they already saw them and they will see them again in their new tour.
+I don't know if other countries are like this but here general public HATE reading subtitles and every language that sounds asian is "chinese" and they lose interest.

Summarizing: They will be mostly MYs and their parents (if they are underage) in the cinemas and depending of the country, the room will be filled or not. I don't think SM care about that much because after NCT Dream and NCT 2023 "flopping", here we are again.

Last edited:

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­8,269,270
No...you won't see non-kpop attendants in a cinema for a kpop movie unless is a companion (example, I'm trying to convince my sister to go with me this time). I went alone for NCT Dream movie, and we were less than 10 people in the room, the non-kpop goers were the parents of some teenagers nctzens.
In my country, only BTS and Black Pink can fill a cinema room, the other groups that are popular are 2nd generations (Suju, SNSD, SHINee, etc).
About aespa concert goers (at least here in Latinoamerica), the majority were multifandom MYs, that's why they brought the lightstick of their main/first group...so I don't expect too many people attending, especially if they already saw them and they will see them again in their new tour.
+I don't know if other countries are like this but here general public HATE reading subtitles and every language that sounds asian is "chinese" and they lose interest.

Summarizing: They will be mostly MYs and their parents (if they are underage) in the cinemas and depending of the country, the room will be filled or not. I don't think SM care about that much because after NCT Dream and NCT 2023 "flopping", here we are again.

Well... thats true too but you never know. There might be a few people who are interested that aren't really kpop fans. Also depends on location and the showtime. Did you go matinee when most people are at work or school? Has the movie already been out for a while? When I went to smtown documentary movie it was evening and opening night. And the theater was full house! πŸ˜‚.
How rude a comment πŸ™„. Flopped? I mean what expectations did they have for nct? I get tired of the bts/bp comparisons. Just cuz they don't sell out or gets talked about its labeled as a flop. Obviously sm is not expecting that. But if they can get their name out even more and reach new fans and grow from this experience then that's a success. Im just happy they trying.

40 countries!!!
:shablob:

Last edited:

Bellamy

Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­31,308,064
Pronouns
She/Her
Well... thats true too but you never know. There might be a few people who are interested that aren't really kpop fans. Also depends on location and the showtime. Did you go matinee when most people are at work or school? Has the movie already been out for a while? When I went to smtown documentary movie it was evening and opening night. And the theater was full house!
Considering these "movies" aren't promoted, it doesn't matter the day or the hour... what matters is the country. The countries with more fans will fill cinemas.
For NCT Dream, I went on a weekday after working hours because -and this will happen with aespa too- there are only 2 days to watch the movie, one on a weekday and the other one on a weekend (check the dates) + in that day there are only 2 "times", the two after 3-4 pm.
Maybe in your country, since there are more kpop fans, there are more chances of having more MYs attending.
I'm talking from the perspective of a fan in a country where my fav groups aren't that popular. So yes, my expectations are low because I had the NCT experience but I don't care about it since this is my only chance to see aespa.

SWAGGER

PD-nim
Reaction score
Plus Coins
β¨­8,269,270
Considering these "movies" aren't promoted, it doesn't matter the day or the hour... what matters is the country. The countries with more fans will fill cinemas.
For NCT Dream, I went on a weekday after working hours because -and this will happen with aespa too- there are only 2 days to watch the movie, one on a weekday and the other one on a weekend (check the dates) + in that day there are only 2 "times", the two after 3-4 pm.
Maybe in your country, since there are more kpop fans, there are more chances of having more MYs attending.
I'm talking from the perspective of a fan in a country where my fav groups aren't that popular. So yes, my expectations are low because I had the NCT experience but I don't care about it since this is my only chance to see aespa.

oh for sure! that's why I was saying that it varies for everyone. :pandasantacookie: ie. location wise.. fanbase wise.. showtime wise. there's just so many factors when considering how well a movie will do regarding its impact. I'm not expecting numbers like what BTS did. But not everyone has the intention or expectation to reach what they did. So I was saying how they shouldn't be compared and how people like to compare saying "nct flopped" with the movie release (will probably say the same for aespa) and why bother to try? Like that's just nonsense and they missing the point. if everyone felt that way with movies no movies would be made. That's like saying how Barbie and oppenheimer were the two top movies of 2023. And why bother making movies cuz they won't reach the same status as they did. Which is beyond the point 🀭:rolleyes::cautious: . Like you, I'm just gonna see the movie to enjoy. I don't expect or care if it reaches some bts "sold out" status.

Top Bottom