INTERVIEW ARTIST INTERVIEW: PATTERN

Chococo

your local superheroine Social Media
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,621,528
INTERVIEW: Pattern

pattern.webp

Hello Hallyuplussers! Today we've returned with our latest interview with the S.I.E.T.E Entertainment five-member South Korean boy group, PATTERN! The group officially debuted in 2022 with the single album, "Malibu" and has been consistently promoting throughout Japan since 2020. The group's most recent. release, "Miro" is a summery song with refreshing beats that was released last year on the 21st of July. Now with that said, let's jump into today's interview!

Q: Hello, PATTERN! Please introduce yourselves.

Jinu: Hello, I'm Jinu, the main vocalist of Pattern.
JJ: I'm JJ, the leader and main rapper of Pattern.
Koon: I'm Koon, the sweet voice of Pattern.
Kyo: I'm Kyo, the main dancer of Pattern.
Haemin: I'm Haemin, the center and maknae [youngest] of Pattern.

Q: "Miro" was your most recent release, and it is such a bright song for the summer accompanied by a retro synth sound. Do you have any stories you would like to share with us from behind the scenes while working on it?

Pattern: The choreography for "Miro" was entirely created by the members of Pattern, from start to finish!

Q:
You made your debut on October 17, 2022. This year will mark your second year anniversary. What have you learned since your debut? In what ways do you think each of the members has grown?

JJ: I think everyone has grown stronger!
Jinu: Although we're still lacking, I've been studying and researching a lot about how to perform live on stage as well as ways to better communicate with our fans.
Haemin: I've gained the confidence in performing live and certainty about my own musicality!
Koon: I've continuously studied in areas that I feel like I am lacking, and learned how to feel more at ease on stage!
Kyo: I've learned the right mindset for approaching singing and dancing, and how to enjoy the stage.

Q:
What continues to motivate you as a singer despite any challenges that might arise?

Pattern: The great interest and love from our fans, Pairing [PATTERN's fandom name], always gives us strength!

Q: How did your group name come to be? Did any of the members come up with it, and what inspired it? It is such a catchy group name!

Pattern: The members all came together and combined their ideas to create it! We thought it was a name that everyone could pronounce easily and that would be memorable!

Q:
Is there a big difference between promoting in Korea and Japan? (question asked by our member UMJI MOODS)

Pattern: Although we have mainly promoted in Japan, and don’t have much experience with activities in Korea yet, we are excited about our future activities!

lwONOyX.jpeg

Q: The Korean idol market has slowly been becoming oversaturated since the introduction of competition shows such as Kpop star from the 2010s, or even the more recent survival shows such as the 999 series. What do you think makes your group stand out in such a competitive market of idols and singer-songwriters? (question asked by our member Polaris_Tae)

Pattern: Pattern is a team that can blend with various styles and is not limited to just one genre! We believe that the unique vocal styles of our members are a strength compared to other teams!

Q: Several of the group members have previously promoted as idols prior to joining the group. Did this experience help you in any way now that you've re-debuted in Pattern? (question asked by our member Polaris_Tae)

Pattern: Since this is our re-debut, we’re approaching each stage as if it were our last and performing with no regrets!

Q:
Do you all live together? How do you handle any disagreements? (question asked by our member UMJI MOODS)

Pattern: In Japan, we live together in a dorm, but in Korea, we don’t use a group dorm. As for disagreements, we resolve conflicts through communication and discussion!

Q: Any time where things went wrong during your performance? How did you handle it? (question asked by our member UMJI MOODS)

Pattern: During a performance, a different song from the setlist started playing, but we handled it professionally ^^

Q:
Do any of you want to act or appear in plays or musicals? (question asked by our member UMJI MOODS)

Pattern: For now, each of the members are focusing on group activities!

Q: If you could travel back in time and give yourself any piece of advice? What time period would it be, and what would you tell your past self? (for instance, would you travel back to last week and tell yourself the most recent lottery results?) (question asked by our member Polaris_Tae)

Pattern: Let’s go back 10 years and hoard a lot of Bitcoin, everyone!

Q: And last but not least, do you have anything you would like to say to Hallyu+ readers?

Pattern: We, Pattern, will continue to work hard and show you even more amazing sides of us, so we ask for your continued interest and love~

GFX BY @yerm
PROOFREAD BY @Polaris_Tae
INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY @Chococo

Polaris_Tae

🚀🚩 Blog Lead Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,134,909
Pattern: Let’s go back 10 years and hoard a lot of Bitcoin, everyone!
I don't like using ijbol, but I feel like this would be the perfect moment to use it sjkjsjksk
Pattern: Since this is our re-debut, we’re approaching each stage as if it were our last and performing with no regrets!
I feel like this is a great way to approach performing. esp in such a saturated market that is the current kpop/jpop industries.
I hope that they continue to grow as a group in the future as well! :poggers:

Top Bottom