BREAKING NEWS [CONFIRMED] Big Hit Entertainment acquires Source Music

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
idk how to feel about this for GFriend with BigHit's record on girl groups :sadepepe: i know they're planning to make a sub label for their girl groups but still

Y

Yeddong

I remember when ppl said that Source Music was helped by Big Hit to debut GFRIEND since its CEOs are friends, and this proves that it was true.

TT95

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,695
i wonder who the other agency is? Since Source is obviously merging and I wonder if this is the thing the new sub label or w/e art director would be working with that was from sm?

Belkiss

BTS raised themselves Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭77,065
i wonder who the other agency is? Since Source is obviously merging and I wonder if this is the thing the new sub label or w/e art director would be working with that was from sm?
I don't think it's the same tbh. I think source will continue the way it is ( management etc) with BH being the parent company . For instance, I don't think GF upcoming mvs will have BH intro.
As for the second agency, rumors say it's RWB

Pyron

The Blue Lightning Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,423,330
Smaller companies tend to be acquired by bigger ones and if SouMu has to go through this process, BH is the right way IMO.

If RWB is the other rumored agency, it seems a pretty smart as well. They all mostly focus on different niches IMO.

In general, I don't like acquisitions when both companies have vastly different ways to do business (like Activision with Blizzard), but BH and SouMu are basically brother companies before this merge. At very least it's a pretty good defensive move for both companies.

Last edited:

Maphisto40

Nugu Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭4,270
idk how to feel about this for GFriend with BigHit's record on girl groups :sadepepe: i know they're planning to make a sub label for their girl groups but still
source music was literally the company that managed glam
This. Big Hit only handled Glam's music. SoMu managed them.

Top Bottom