Dublin to New York City Portal Shut Down Due to Inappropriate Behavior

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,626,525

Dublin to New York City Portal Shut Down Due to Inappropriate Behavior​

Less than a week after the 24/7 visual art installation was put in place, officials have opted to close it down temporarily after people began to flash each other, grind on the portal, and one person even shared pictures of the twin tower attack to people in New York City. Alternatively, the portal had also been the site of reunions with old friends and even a proposal, with many documenting their experience with the installation online.

Portal.jpg

"While we cannot control all of these actions, we are implementing some technical solutions to address this and these will go live in the next 24 hours," the council said in a Monday statement. “We will continue to monitor the situation over the coming days with our partners in New York to ensure that portals continue to deliver a positive experience for both cities and the world.”

The New York City portal is next to the Flatiron Building while Dublin’s is at the crux of North Earl Street and O’Connell Street.

What is the portal?​

The portal was launched on May 8 as a way to bring people together via technology.

84785723-0-image-a-2_1715580177697.jpg

“Portals are an invitation to meet people above borders and differences and to experience our world as it really is—united and one,” said Benediktas Gylys, the Lithuanian artist and founder of The Portal. “The livestream provides a window between distant locations, allowing people to meet outside of their social circles and cultures, transcend geographical boundaries, and embrace the beauty of global interconnectedness.”

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,000
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
One of my favorite things i've witnessed. Together we can accomplish so much. Technology is so amazing and we love love love to use it for the dumbest shit XD

Last edited:

Stan BiSH

Global Star Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭6,626,525
One of my favorite things i've witnessed. Together we can accomplish so much. Technology is so amazing and we love love love to use it for the dumbest shit XD
i think everyone knew this would happen, i'm even surprised the worst thing that happened was people flashing each other and not something significantly worse / more graphic:sweat:

i still like the idea although it would be more interesting if it was places that are wayyyy different from each other like put one in Florida or Los Angeles and another somewhere in Siberia, Finland, etc

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭114,000
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
i think everyone knew this would happen, i'm even surprised the worst thing that happened was people flashing each other and not something significantly worse / more graphic:sweat:

i still like the idea although it would be more interesting if it was places that are wayyyy different from each other like put one in Florida or Los Angeles and another somewhere in Siberia, Finland, etc

I think it would work out the same no matter what XD

Top Bottom