BREAKING NEWS EXILE Atsushi is leaving EXILE

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
At least he'll be apart of their next single so it'll feel like a proper goodbye. He's basically been AWOL for a long time so this doesn't come as too much of a shock. Can't believe that he'll be graduating on his 40th birthday though. I forgot that the Tribe is filled with "get off my lawn" grand-pappies. Been listening to Exile for so long, it sometimes doesn't click how much older they are than me.

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Not surprised tbh. I'll continue to support him because I love his voice and his music :shablob:

I'm wondering if they'll be holding auditions for a new vocalist or will open an in house audition for vocalists in the other groups under the Tribe. I think JSB's Ryuji would be a nice addition because I don't think there's anyone in LDH's new gen of boy groups with a strong voice to replace Atsushi.

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
At least he'll be apart of their next single so it'll feel like a proper goodbye. He's basically been AWOL for a long time so this doesn't come as too much of a shock. Can't believe that he'll be graduating on his 40th birthday though. I forgot that the Tribe is filled with "get off my lawn" grand-pappies. Been listening to Exile for so long, it sometimes doesn't click how much older they are than me.
Male "idols"/boy group members are often surprisingly old. Idk what this means for EXILE since Atsushi seemed to have a very dominant position in the group

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
I'm wondering if they'll be holding auditions for a new vocalist or will open an in house audition for vocalists in the other groups under the Tribe. I think JSB's Ryuji would be a nice addition because I don't think there's anyone in LDH's new gen of boy groups with a strong voice to replace Atsushi.

Well... Shokichi and Nesmith are vocalist too, maybe they will sing more in EXILE's songs (I wish 🙏)

I don't think that Ryuji will leave JSB but idk.

S

Some

This should be breaking news

i knew he's more focused on doing his own thing and has been missing from exile activities but i never thought he'd leave i can't imagine them with him he is exile's sound he is their voice

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
Male "idols"/boy group members are often surprisingly old. Idk what this means for EXILE since Atsushi seemed to have a very dominant position in the group

I don't know if this sounds stupid, but for me Atsushi is not an idol, he is an artist and his solo music and EXILE TRIBE recent releases are really different. For me Atsushi was the symbol of the old EXILE and maybe they will start a new era now. We will see.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if this sounds stupid, but for me Atsushi is not an idol, he is an artist and his solo music and EXILE TRIBE recent releases are really different. For me Atsushi was the symbol of the old EXILE and maybe they will start a new era now. We will see.
Originally I wanted to write "Johnny's and EXILE members" but I changed it to idols (like Johnny's) and boy groups (such as EXILE-groups) to make it broader. But I was mostly thinking of Johnny's (even SixTones are in their mid 20s) and EXILE/Sandaime.

It will be interesting to see what happens with EXILE's company since they've had a turbulent last few years. Maybe this is what they need to start a renewal.

Misa

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,611,300
Originally I wanted to write "Johnny's and EXILE members" but I changed it to idols (like Johnny's) and boy groups (such as EXILE-groups) to make it broader. But I was mostly thinking of Johnny's (even SixTones are in their mid 20s) and EXILE/Sandaime.

It will be interesting to see what happens with EXILE's company since they've had a turbulent last few years. Maybe this is what they need to start a renewal.

yeah, I understand you, don't worry. Are the members of EXILE TRIBE idols? Maybe yes or maybe not i saw different opinions about that, but I think that Atsushi is in another level, tbh.

abra

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
yeah, I understand you, don't worry. Are the members of EXILE TRIBE idols? Maybe yes or maybe not i saw different opinions about that, but I think that Atsushi is in another level, tbh.
I've realized that it's best not to get into that discussion :poggers:
But my observations are that them and E-girls would not be considered idols by J-pop standards even if it's not that clear cut
But the newer Exile groups seem a bit more idoly (and the other new girl groups are clearly idols)

JessicaRabbit123

Hallyuboo
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭286,575
Well... Shokichi and Nesmith are vocalist too, maybe they will sing more in EXILE's songs (I wish 🙏)

I don't think that Ryuji will leave JSB but idk.

I meant he could be a vocalist in Exile AND in JSB. Everyone but Atsushi had a concurrent position, and that was because he left the sub unit he was in a while back. I feel like Takahiro is going to get the bulk of the songs with Shokichi helping time to time. I swear, the only time I hear Nesmith is if I listen to the SECOND.
This should be breaking news

i knew he's more focused on doing his own thing and has been missing from exile activities but i never thought he'd leave i can't imagine them with him he is exile's sound he is their voice

^^ FACTS. It's going to be weird not having him serenade me in their songs... Even Takahiro was to replace Shun, Him and Takahiro were the core of Exile. It's like when the golden trio (Maki, USA, and Hero) all graduated at the same time (I was like... Is this how AKB fans felt when Maeda, Mariko, and Yuko left back to back?).

Top Bottom