Fantasy Boys K-Soul Under Fire For Controversial Comments

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,745,000
Pronouns
She/Her
Fantasy Boys member K-Soul has been under fire for trying to out an idol for being in a relationship, and comparing kpop fans to DV victims.

K-Soul recently went on live and was gossiping:

"There’s a member in that group who’s dating. He brought his girlfriend to an outdoor event, to a club, and even groped her butt there. But he was able to win on a music show."

He was very angry that an idol who won music shows would have a girlfriend. He think's its unprofessional for idols to date and in the broadcast was wishing that all male idols who date should be immediately canceled.

He also said "This is very unfair to the guys who work hard in the practice room just for that one chance to get noticed by everyone."

His controversial words did not end there. He then went on to compare KPOP fans who support idols dating to be the same as domestic abuse victims. To sum it up, he was saying/suggesting that if you are ok with your favorite idol dating, then you would be ok with being in a relationship where your S/O would cheat on you and abuse you due to you being ok with your idol dating while you are their fan.

A lot of netizens, both in Asia and in the western side of the kpop fandom has been understandably angry at him. They think it was not his place or business to try to out another person's relationship. They are also angry at him for calling fans DV victims.

A lot of people have also been calling him out for criticizing the other idol for being at a club when he must have been there as well if he saw them there himself.

It was announced This Past Sunday that K-Soul is also on hiatus right now due to his fathers passing.

A comment I would also like to make is that, why is this guy at the club when he is supposed to be on hiatus for mourning his fathers passing???

Last edited:

RussianRoulette

Taemin’s Wife Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,745,000
Pronouns
She/Her
Just... imagine saying this without your lips burning. :viva:
I just updated the thread, but something else that is bothering me:

The fans make a good point about why is he attacking the other idol for being at the club when he too must have been on the club.

The thing is though:

His father just died last week so his company announced he would be on hiatus.

Why is this boy partying at the club when he is supposed to be on hiatus for mourning his father's death????

heather

your heart's not broken, it's only growing Blog
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,341,250
Pronouns
She/Her
I just updated the thread, but something else that is bothering me:

The fans make a good point about why is he attacking the other idol for being at the club when he too must have been on the club.

The thing is though:

Why is this boy partying at the club when he is supposed to be on hiatus for mourning his father's death????
Oooo noooo :viva:

I hope he doesn't spiral or anything.

Last edited:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭80,150
Pronouns
No Sana No Life

He is most likely speaking of a past incident. However, people grieve differently. I would not shame him for doing so.

Seriously

Pretty 💜 Psycho Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,050
It's giving jealousy... who hurt him?
7ivh7t.jpg

heather

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,341,250
Pronouns
She/Her
He is most likely speaking of a past incident. However, people grieve differently. I would not shame him for doing so.
This is a very good point.
Hatmixx making our brains bigger :peepopbirthday:

Last edited:

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,050
I can maybe stretch to the frustration at other people in the industry dating... IF you're in a controlled environment where you simply can't.

But, the fans being okay with abuse, because they're accepting of their faves being, ya know, people. That's fucking way beyond me.

heather

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,341,250
Pronouns
She/Her
I can maybe stretch to the frustration at other people in the industry dating... IF you're in a controlled environment where you simply can't.

But, the fans being okay with abuse, because they're accepting of their faves being, ya know, people. That's fucking way beyond me.
Exactly, and I can't see it as an off the cuff thought? Or... a thought at all? It's unimaginable?

Imo, a lot of these controversies are "for an idol to say this."

But... I mean even a standard job would give you a headache over saying this?

Last edited:

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,050
Exactly, and I can't see it as an off the cuff thought? Or... a thought at all? It's unimaginable?

Imo, a lot of these controversies are "for an idol to say this."

But... I mean even a standard job would give you a headache over saying this?
I guess what he's saying... maybe... is that fans should 100% buy into the idols as a fantasy, OmO oppar could be mine mindset.

And that if you don't give a shit about that, you somehow don't value healthy relationships... or lack self worth?

Although honestly, as I try to process this, I'm not really getting anywhere.
:dami:

heather

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,341,250
Pronouns
She/Her
I guess what he's saying... maybe... is that fans should 100% buy into the idols as a fantasy, OmO oppar could be mine mindset.

And that if you don't give a shit about that, you somehow don't value healthy relationships... or lack self worth?

Although honestly, as I try to process this, I'm not really getting anywhere.
:dami:
I feel like the explanation made it worse. Seri, don't make it harder for the man :viva:

Bchip

ᴀ ʜ ɢ ᴀ s ᴇ Events VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭582,600
Pronouns
He/Him
he was saying/suggesting that if you are ok with your favorite idol dating, then you would be ok with being in a relationship where your S/O would cheat on you and abuse you

giphy.gif

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,050
I feel like the explanation made it worse. Seri, don't make it harder for the man :viva:
It'd be easier to write ourselves a cheesy drama plot explaining it...

ahem

K-Soul has to give up his childhood sweetheart to chase his dream, being an idol.

He achieves it. But, at his lowest point, drinking his sorrows away, he sees her... with him. The love of his life, the one that got away, having her cake cupped by his old school bully, and arch rival.

He sacrificed everything of his old life, to still be 2nd place.

:whaaat:

Last edited:

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭72,014
Pronouns
She/Her
he's trying to vent frustrations he has with the idol industry in these lives, he asked people not to record these lives and said he is doing them on douyin and not instagram or any or international platform because he doesn't want to be policed by pocketdol ent and he doesn't want headlines connecting his name to fantasy boys as a group

he lost his father tragically to cancer last week after doing everything he could to save him on his own, he hopped from clinic to clinic talking to doctors and looking for anything that could help, he even opened crowd funding for the medicine because he couldn't afford it

his father was the only income in his family and he is now supposed to be the breadwinner and support his stay at home mom and his baby sister, he's incredibly scared and frustrated because he can't go back to fantasy boys because he isnt earning a penny in there, he has to stay in china and find a way to get money from there but he's a school dropout so he is trying to find a way to make it on his own in the art industry, trying to contact anyone who can hire him

he's in a desperate state and honestly i don't think he's in the right mind to be doing these lives at all

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,050
he's trying to vent frustrations he has with the idol industry in these lives, he asked people not to record these lives and said he is doing them on douyin and not instagram or any or international platform because he doesn't want to be policed by pocketdol ent and he doesn't want headlines connecting his name to fantasy boys as a group

he lost his father tragically to cancer last week after doing everything he could to save him on his own, he hopped from clinic to clinic talking to doctors and looking for anything that could help, he even opened crowd funding for the medicine because he couldn't afford it

his father was the only income in his family and he is now supposed to be the breadwinner and support his stay at home mom and his baby sister, he's incredibly scared and frustrated because he can't go back to fantasy boys because he isnt earning a penny in there, he has to stay in china and find a way to get money from there but he's a school dropout so he is trying to find a way to make it on his own in the art industry, trying to contact anyone who can hire him

he's in a desperate state and honestly i don't think he's in the right mind to be doing these lives at all
Someone needs to take the man's internet access away. This is only gunna be destructive for his career. At the end of the day, the public rarely extend people sympathy.
:yooheadache:

heather

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,341,250
Pronouns
She/Her

This is a fair point and the situation should be handled with grace but that doesn't negate the people this effects. There are people in abusive relationships, there are FANS in abusive relationships and to make such a blanket statement is staggering.

I do agree that it is likely that he can't manage his emotions but that doesn't excuse his words. One of the most important lessons in life is that we can't pass our pain onto others. This isn't just him saying "man, being an idol sucks." It's incredibly offensive language.

Again, I do agree that he is going through a hard time and it might be changing how he is approaching situations.

I do hope things get better for him and he can find a way to express his frustration in a more conducive way.

Edit: I don't think I expressed this well. My point is that there are people on the other side of this exchange.

That being said, many people do spit things like this out when they are under high levels of stress. The message would not have propagated if he wasn't being observed the way he was.

Last edited:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭72,014
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a fair point and the situation should be handled with grace but that doesn't negate the people this effects. There are people in abusive relationships, there are FANS in abusive relationships and to make such a blanket statement is staggering.

I do agree that it is likely that he can't manage his emotions but that doesn't excuse his words. One of the most important lessons in life is that we can't pass our pain onto others. This isn't just him saying "man, being an idol sucks." It's incredibly offensive language.

Again, I do agree that he is going through a hard time and it might be changing how he is approaching situations.

I do hope things get better for him and he can find a way to express his frustration in a more conducive way.
yeah but the thing is these articles don't even have the original footage of him saying that or the context to it exactly because it wasn't even something that was supposed to be said to the broader audience in the first place, not even his fans know for sure because if you missed the live there's no recording of it and if you don't know chinese there are no translators for our fandom

he also posted something as a follow up but no one was interested in translating that and adding to their articles... but they found a way to make articles in english about this anyway
it's the way these people just want to cut out the parts that will give them easy clicks...
I can't speak on what exactly was said because I missed the live but obviously if he did say and meant this it's a very careless thing to say indeed

Seriously

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭82,050
it's the way these people just want to cut out the parts that will give them easy clicks...
Unfortunately that's the world we live in, the media doesn't care about the people. Just the traffic.

He needs to take a break, radio silence for a while. When he comes back people will have moved on to something else.
:RunPar:

sm maid

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭72,014
Pronouns
She/Her
Unfortunately that's the world we live in, the media doesn't care about the people. Just the traffic.

He needs to take a break, radio silence for a while. When he comes back people will have moved on to something else.
:RunPar:
Yeah I agree... but I don't think he has anyone to care for him like that atm... his mom is at an even worse state so

Top Bottom