Feedback & Suggestions Thread

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭404,900
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
I never said that it stopped anybody from using the union section. I am saying it doesn't encourage people. Both of you and anybody else can spam all day and do so. Like posting in official threads this activity is entirely invisible. People who visit this forum see the recent topics and likely see that there are none posted for hours on end. Many probably just assume that there is nothing going on and leave.

All I am saying is anything discouraging posting of new threads in a section that does encourage activity is a negative. As I said I don't think people are looking inside any section because the surface appears dead.
agree to disagree.

i understand your sentiment. i just think that we who post in union are people are here to socialize and spam Sana gifs. a post count shouldn't discourage us as it hasn't in the past.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭69,954
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello guys, I'd like to give my thoughts on this matter as well as explain the reasoning behind the section restriction for the add-on

Rewarding top posters was something I particularly have envisioned for the site for a very long time, years really, together with something along the lines of what today is 'Let's Discuss', both as measures that should act to encourage discussions on the site, as well as try to transfer some of the effort spent in random threads to threads that are actually relevant to the site's main theme. By saying that, I don't wish to undermine the random threads or prevent anyone from creating them. We want you guys to use the site in whatever way is most fun and comfortable to you, and we are thankful to each and every one of you guys who stuck around this far. However, my biggest concern is that we are lacking discussions about entertainment, which is something we really want to encourage and see more of on the forums. The top posters add-on, as it was ideally envisioned by me, would always count only posts where post count can be gained, because those are the areas that are on-topic and wouldn't encourage spam. Unfortunately, at first I was told that with our current add-on we couldn't restrict it to specific sections, and so we decided to reward top posts anyway. But this changed as rosey was able to actually make the add-on function as it was supposed to from the beginning. So, I'm sorry for changing it so suddenly and giving a wrong idea of what the add-on was for. I didn't think it would be an issue considering the people who like using The Union and Games sections always did it anyway regardless of rewards tbh. We really do have to be careful about rewarding spammy sections because it can get out of hand if multiple users realize they can exploit it for rewards.... that would probably just be the last nail on the coffin tbh. So once again sorry for the people the change has affected the most, I hope you all will continue posting as usual, but the change has to stay. We'll take your other suggestions into consideration and keep trying to find better ways to encourage discussions and improve our community further.

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,014,963
agree to disagree.

i understand your sentiment. i just think that we who post in union are people are here to socialize and spam Sana gifs. a post count shouldn't discourage us as it hasn't in the past.

Spam all you want. I never said anything about spamming. I even suggested above separation of spam type threads from regular ones. I only occasionally post in these. I also understand about the games which I do play a lot for fun.

There is spartan amounts of new kpop news at the present time to post and when people do post there is a lack of replies here. Social posts generate replies. Again this was my main concern. You are not really encouraging one to post elsewhere because the same half dozen people post the majority of entertainment section posts. Meanwhile you aren't encouraging the other where people will reply at least. I am not even someone who generates a lot of social posts but I can see their usefulness in keeping the forum lively.

I apologize if my comments upset anyone. I never meant to cause controversy. I only wanted to express my feelings on this matter.

Last edited:

hatmixx

Ain't Nobody Fifth Place HoE VIP+ Early Supporters Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭404,900
Pronouns
No Sana No Life
Spam all you want. I never said anything about spamming. I even suggested above separation of spam type threads from regular ones. I only occasionally post in these. I also understand about the games which I do play a lot for fun.

There is spartan amounts of new kpop news at the present time to post and when people do post there is a lack of replies here. Social posts generate replies. Again this was my main concern. You are not really encouraging one to post elsewhere because the same half dozen people post the majority of entertainment section posts. Meanwhile you aren't encouraging the other where people will reply at least. I am not even someone who generates a lot of social posts but I can see their usefulness in keeping the forum lively.

I apologize if my comments upset anyone. I never meant to cause controversy. I only wanted to express my feelings on this matter.

I agreed to disagree lol no big deal dude

Vampire

IDLE TRANSFIGURATION Community Manager Moderator VIP+ Ninth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭102,817
Is it possible to toggle signatures so they don't show up for individual posts?
You have the option to turn off everyone's signatures, but you cannot turn off only some peoples' signatures.

You yourself can also have a signature, turn off everyone's signatures, and other people will still see yours even though you cannot see theirs.

And that's about the extent of that feature.

Edit: I'm so sorry, I thought this was in the Ask A Moderator thread! I will pass on what you've said here to some other staff members to see if this is possible in the future. Thank you!

Last edited:

abra

Nations Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭5,353,440
Pronouns
he/him
You have the option to turn off everyone's signatures, but you cannot turn off only some peoples' signatures.

You yourself can also have a signature, turn off everyone's signatures, and other people will still see yours even though you cannot see theirs.

And that's about the extent of that feature.

Edit: I'm so sorry, I thought this was in the Ask A Moderator thread! I will pass on what you've said here to some other staff members to see if this is possible in the future. Thank you!
I want to specify that I meant turning off my own signature for certain posts. I would have liked to be able to turn it off when replying to https://hallyuplus.net/threads/singer-maon-kurosaki-passes-away.66319/.

sm maid

Global Star Administrator Events VIP+ Eighth Place HoE
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭69,954
Pronouns
She/Her

Chomiczewska

Hamster First Place HoE Chomi
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭25,589,699
So, Idk really know where to post about this, but could this
image.png

Be also added at the bottom of the page on the event theme, in just 1 day I realized I use it all the time lol

UMJI MOODS

엄지는 내 장미 VIP+ Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭45,014,963
This may sound dumb but how about adding a banner that says something like "Become a Member of Hallyuplus" or "Join the Hallyuplus Forum". I have seen that more guests are looking at H+ lately. Sometimes people just need a little push to get them motivated to do things.

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭102,817
This may sound dumb but how about adding a banner that says something like "Become a Member of Hallyuplus" or "Join the Hallyuplus Forum". I have seen that more guests are looking at H+ lately. Sometimes people just need a little push to get them motivated to do things.
We actually already have the intention of making a new "Welcome to Hallyu+" banner to match our newest theme, so I've passed along the message that perhaps we can include a smaller tagline as well that says something like "Join us!" or what-have-you. Thank you for your suggestion! :heartpar:

Kłapouchy

🚀🚩 Social Media Lead Donor+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭95,409
hi, I see that people who achieve UotM can now receive +cards as an additional reward for attaining the honour.
Just a thought, but would this ever be considered to be retroactively awarded to users who were awarded w/ uotm before the addition of +cards in the prize pool?
esp considering that uotm ( at least for now) is a one-time award and I'm sure that some other people who've won in the past would also appreciate it.
thx in advance
:shablob:

fromisSakura

Jelly | Seoyeon best girl VIP+ Donor Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭2,224,400
hi, I see that people who achieve UotM can now receive +cards as an additional reward for attaining the honour.
Just a thought, but would this ever be considered to be retroactively awarded to users who were awarded w/ uotm before the addition of +cards in the prize pool?
esp considering that uotm ( at least for now) is a one-time award and I'm sure that some other people who've won in the past would also appreciate it.
thx in advance

+1 to this suggestion! Tae for president!

Vampire

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭102,817
thx in advance
Your suggestion has been discussed among staff. Keep an eye out for an announcement regarding this coming soon!

Top Bottom