Former FNC trainee/Produce 48’s Jo Ahyoung states she was disqualified from Cherry Bullet last minute due to weight gain

Astro

Idol Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,630,700
spacer.png

A former FNC Entertainment trainee Jo Ah Young appeared in the first episode of the new Mnetaudition program 'CAP-TEEN'.

In the episode that aired for the first time on November 19, the former trainee revealed that she was disqualified from the debut group because of weight gain. Jo Ah Young stated, "I was able to become part of the debut group four months after entering the company. But then I was disqualified when I gained weight from stress eating." She revealed she was not able to go outside or even meet people afterward.

Her parents also went through difficulties as they had to watch their daughter go through a hard time. Jo Ah Young's mother asked the judges how they manage stress. She asked, "I'm very curious how you manage your mental health." to which Shownureplied, "I think about my parents, and all those close to me. I think about my members too."

During the interview, the former trainee stated that she began to hate herself after gaining weight. She stated, "I started to loath myself. I thought 'What's wrong with me? Is this all I am?' I started to become more conscious of what people thought about me."

However, Jo Ah Young stated her parents helped her through the difficult times as her mother supported her the most and complimented her many times. She stated, "I probably wouldn't be able to continue with my everyday life if I didn't have my mom. She cheered me on the most and her compliment became my energy to keep going."

Jo Ah Young's mother stated that it hurt her heart even though she was supportive of her daughter. She shed tears saying, "My heart hurt a lot. It's different from seeing from the videos. I realize how difficult it is. But I'm thankful she's doing well."

Source
1605807632-image.png

Grape Soda

SKZ Simp 🍇🍇🍇 Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭3,180,125
This reminds me of momo's ice story and nobody even batted an eye like a pound or two is really gonna affect you that much.
Companies don't care about anything other than maintaining the image

AstroBaby

Trainee
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭520,400
I remember wondering why she wasn't there when the lineup was announced she was one of the best rappers in p48...I really hope she'll get into this group and they'll do well

camille

MY | ningmeng Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭139,931
Why am I not even surprised... Everyone was so surprised when we saw she wasn't in the line up.

S

Some

Unfortunaly this is very common in kpop. Poor child i hope she does well in this program

Top Bottom