Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Explains Why Overhearing A WJSN Member’s Conversation Made Her Cry

MVSica

✨🐻Ujung🛰️✨ Donor VIP+
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭130,653
Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung Explains Why Overhearing A WJSN Member’s Conversation Made Her Cry
6ea82a99d0da44c0bf4d7e0e660009ce.jpeg

SOOMPI
TV/FILM
Feb 1, 2020
by E. Cha

On the latest episode of “Ask Us Anything,” Girls’ Generation’s Choi Sooyoung opened up about a recent moment that moved her to tears.
During the guessing-game segment of the February 1 episode of the JTBC variety show, Sooyoung asked the cast to guess the reason why she recently burst into tears on her way home. After a slew of incorrect guesses, she hinted that it had to do with the fact that an idol group lives in her building.
Sooyoung’s “Tell Me What You Saw” co-star Jin Seo Yeon hilariously joked, “You saw your boyfriend with the autograph of the idol group who lives downstairs?”

Jin-Seo-Yeon.jpg

Sooyoung-Jung-Kyung-Ho1.jpg

In the end, Seo Jang Hoon finally managed to guess the correct answer: Sooyoung had happened to overhear a conversation between one of the idols who lived in her building and her mother, who had come to visit.

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul asked if she could reveal which idol group it was, and Sooyoung replied, “It’s WJSN.”

“I saw a woman who had packed lots of banchan [Korean side dishes] get into the elevator,” she explained, “and she pressed the button for [WJSN’s] floor. Once she was in the elevator, she got a phone call, and I could hear her daughter’s voice through the phone.”

Sooyoung went on, “Her daughter’s voice sounded exactly like— it reminded me so much of how I had felt back when I was promoting [with Girls’ Generation].” Heechul interjected sympathetically, “That exhaustion.”

Sooyoung2.jpg

Imitating the WJSN member’s tired voice, Sooyoung recalled, “I heard her say, ‘Mom, where are you?’ and [her mother] said, ‘I’m almost there; I’m getting off [the elevator] now.’ The moment she got off, tears started flowing down my face.”

“I felt like I had glimpsed a behind-the-scenes moment,” she continued. “It felt like I had seen the hard-working individual behind the [glamorous idol] performance.”

Sooyoung-2.jpg

Watch Sooyoung in the first episode of her new OCN drama “Tell Me What You Saw”

SOOMPI

sexy cutie

N.FIA / BABY / DEOBI / FOREVER / MYDAY / ONCE Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,376,100
this is such a touching story :sejeongcry: i've also felt like that before. seeing myself in someone else because of something we have in common. didn't make me cry tho but it made me reflect back on myself and the past

Top Bottom